• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Problems with my Vulcan

That huge a FPS variation is unlikely to be barrel fouling or an incredibly inconsistent pellets.

Hammer spring binding is the number one suspect here. I would examine the hammer spring and how it is moving. Be sure the hammer spring isn't bent. Also, depending on whether it is an older one with a spring guide, the brass guide may be worn or binding on the hammer. 

Pull the action out of the stock, open the right side panel and examine the hammer, spring and guide. I would pull and clean them and the guide barrel. Relubricate with dry slide and recheck for FPS consistency. If after cleaning and verifying the hammer spring isn't distorted, the FPS variation remains bad, the next suspect is the pressure regulator.

That's a bigger project to sort and might be better taken care of by someone like Ernest Rowe. A mechanically adept and experience air gunner can service the air regulator, but it isn't terribly easy. You can get an idea of how that would go by reading the "vulcan .25 unstable velocity !! " thread over that the Talon.

Hopefully, its' just the hammer spring binding.