Problems with my PCP rifle pinging

I wanted to know if anybody could give me any help or suggestions about my fortitude generation 2 Pinging when I fire it. I Heard that with a regulator in it which it does have should take care of That problem but it’s still does it. So I was wondering if anybody would know what else would be causing it. After a little trigger work it has been an Accurate and reliable rifle but the pinging just annoys me a little bit.

You are hearing the hammer hit the hardened tool steel valve stem. Harmonics are vibrating through the air reservoir just like vibrations through a guitar.

It's prevalent to you but not heard 10' away. 

Guys put a piece of tight dampening rubber or clear vinyl in tube.

If you strike and grab a tuning fork, sound stops. Same principle.

I'd like to know what Hz and, I highly doubt it remains consistent through fill pressure drop, shot curve.

Do you notice if it's higher at full fill & deeper at lower fills?

Only 1 in 10K have perfect pitch so don't worry if you can't discern any difference.

Yes I like the rifle. For the price point you can’t beat it. I bought it because I wanted a lower priced PCP rifle that was multi shot. And I liked the high shot count feature .I get 60 Full power shots. I can get a little more but once it gets down to about 1100 psi the accuracy starts to fall off. They just need a little bit of a trigger polishing just like most Crossman triggers do. Another thing I like about it is the light weight of it. I have a Benjamin maximus in 17 caliber that also shoots good after a trigger job .So then I was looking for a 22 caliber and decided on the fortitude generation two. The maximus doesn’t make any pinging sound though.

Simple depingers are a cylindrical tube with a smallish hole in the end that slows the air a bit when the plenum is recharging. Or from what I have heard just a plain old nylon bristled tube style brush cut down to fit in the tube. An o-ring around it and hole not in the middle would have made it better. Oh, and as I stated it is way to small.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/gained-over-125-fps-on-my-discovery-by-removing/

The plastic stock amplifies the sound right at your ear. If you get a wooden stock from a Benjamin discovery or buy one from Boyd’s it will seem much quieter. Also it is worth checking your transfer port seals and the breech seal for leaks that cause noise. On my gen2 Fortitude it had a missing seal on the transfer port from the factory, and after putting a new set of seals in it and swapping out for a discovery stock the only noise is the clicking of the mechanics and it is very very quiet. 

There are a few areas that can ping...

the tube as the air bounces about inside after each shot, simple fix is with a babies bottle washing brush inside the tube, it doesn’t take up volume but acts as a baffle.

The hammer spring as it vibrates inside the hammer, fix with spring guide made from ptfe or delrin

The pressure gauge can often ping, not much you can do about that.

Bb