problems with Impacts!

Ordered a Impact X from UA in mid April,was told when the upgrade kits came in I would be provided one free of charge, it is now October and FX has not provided these kits to the dealers. On the second day of using the gun the reloading bar detached from reloading block, sent back to UA and gun was fixed promptly. Approximately two months later the rear valve went out, back to UA again with a prompt repair. On the last visit to UA, tried to get a new gauge for the bottle, as it reads about 40 bar when totally empty, they didn't have the gauges.

I really liked the Impact but decided I needed a second gun as the first one was traveling so much! So I ordered a new Impact MK2, which I received about two weeks ago. I have spent two weeks trying to get the velocity to stabilize, wasted at least four tins of pellets, which never would. Called UA was advised to do one thing but that it might be the C3 bumper, did the one thing, did not work, so I checked the C3 bumper to find it completely shattered. So the gun is on its way back to UA for repair and UA has been very good, much better than the FX quality control.

I called FX USA a month ago trying to find Impact moderator sections, as again no dealers had them in stock, was told getting things from FX was a crap shoot! Was on hold with FX USA for twenty minutes when a message said “the party you want in unavailable.” Do a online search on where to obtain the C3 bumpers, good luck and yes I know how to make them out of delrin, that is not the point.

I feel as thought I have been sold very expensive PCPs with no backup from the company, which is aware of the very high rate of failures with the C3 bumpers in the MK2!!

Walt Neller

Athens, TX

Wow you send your gun back more times than what the impact is worth. Shipping ain't cheap when you send an oversized item like an impact. Cost is like $100 per shipping. Round trip is $200. Do UA pay both shipping or what. Cause I would never sent my gun if I have to pay $100 each time I send it in. These are easy fix and shouldn't even need to send it in. You need to learn to work on your gun and know how your gun works. How to take them apart, put together, and fix whatever problem it have. Pcp guns always leak one time or another. You don't wanna waste money and time to send it in for a small leak that is easy to repair.

I replaced my C3 bumper with Delrin after about 800 rounds and it looked perfect, even under magnification. This was a in a Mark II manufactured June 2019, and it had the dark blue-green C3 bumper in it. I have hammer spring tension maxed out on my 30 cal. So it looks like lifespan is typically somewhere in the 1500-3000 round region for the Durometer 90 urethane bumper, judging by all the reports on this forum. Seems like they (at FX) would be working on an upgrade with all the warranty failures at that fail rate. Another thread here on AGN posted a response from FX-USA below:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/impact-30-speed-down-problem/#post-502758

FX-USA

Hello FX Impact owners, 

FX appreciates your feedback on our products, and we are always looking to improve. This being said, the Impact MKII does have larger, more accurate gauges, a reinforced cocking lever pin and a reinforced hammer pin. 

Regarding the C3 bumper, the PUR90 material o-ring is necessary for full power mobility of the rifle, specifically in the lower power ranges. If your C3 bumper does fail, you can contact us at FX USA ([email protected] , 866-639-0772 option 1) and get a replacement, and if you are under warranty, the part and shipping will be covered. You can also contact us, then send the rifle in for servicing, if you do not feel comfortable completing the repair yourself. We do provide technical support over the phone as well. 

If you are not interested in having full mobility of power ranges, Ernest Rowe has created a Delrin Ring replacement for the C3 bumper. This can be ordered from FX USA. Ernest has been testing this design for years, and has never had one of his bumpers crack, split, or fail in any way. The limitation to this ring, though, as previously stated, is that you will not be able to achieve the lower powers or velocities that you are able to achieve with the rubber PUR90 bumper. The rubber bumper is able to absorb some of the impact from the hammer, whereas the delrin bumper translates the entire force of the impact from the hammer. 

With all of the above said, FX Sweden is looking at the situation and constantly looking for the best solutions for all power ranges and to improve our rifles.

If you have any further questions, feel free to email a question to [email protected], and we will get back to you as soon as possible. 

FX Airguns USA

Just an opinion as a non-owner at this time-it's a very complex gun probably sold in relatively high numbers resulting in relatively longer wait times for repairs and possibly parts as well. And as with anything else, you will usually hear lots more from those who have a complaint than from those who are satisfied. Agree that customer service needs to be front and center for any company but it seems that I've read plenty of comments about excellent service as well. The complaints will not stop me from getting an Impact in the future but I certainly hope those with problems get them resolved.

Stories like this keep me from even thinking of buying an Impact. For that kind of money and for as many as they sell there should be zero issues with these gun. It amazes me that ordinary people shell out over $2000 for the headaches that come with it. And don’t get me started on how much you guys work on these guns just to put the pellet where you want it. Oh, but first we have to find such pellet.... I told you don’t get me started...😀

So far I have not had to pay shipping to UA, we'll see if that continues. As I said the C3 bumper was shattered, one piece came out, I do not know where the others are and was not going to tear the whole gun apart to see. That's why it was sent back. Both guns will have derlin bumpers put in soon.

The Impact does not take a lot of work to get to shoot accurately. Mine are both .25 and both love the JSB 25.4 and they shoot great from 885-916 fps with 885-895 being a sweet spot in both my guns, a 600mm and 700mm barrel. It takes 30 minutes to set the gun up, if the gun has no other problems.

I love the Impacts, can be set up longer and heavier for the bench or can be setup light and short for the field. They balance nicely and are fun to shoot. The X has a 700mm barrel, 580cc bottle, Nightforce SHV 5-20x 56mm and weighs 10 lbs with bipod, this is my fly gun. The MK2 has 600mm barrel, 480cc bottle, Hawke Frontier 4-20x 44mm and is about 8 lbs with out bipod. BTW I shoot a lot, being retired, I can shoot up to 60 yds in my back yard from a enclosed bench. My background is shooting centerfire bench rest with custom 6PPCs and F-class 600 yds, I do not take accuracy lightly.

BTW, fly hunting, take a small bottle of honey to your range and smear some on the outer edges of the targets. They will come, fun to shoot them!

Stories like this keep me from even thinking of buying an Impact. For that kind of money and for as many as they sell there should be zero issues with these gun. It amazes me that ordinary people shell out over $2000 for the headaches that come with it. And don’t get me started on how much you guys work on these guns just to put the pellet where you want it. Oh, but first we have to find such pellet.... I told you don’t get me started...
1f600.svg

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have 3 FX Impacts...in case 2 of them break.

One is in the repair facility as we speak.😜

As stated you only really need the C3 if you push the power of the IMPACT, at lower power they rarely fail and in lower power cases you need the factory one.

You would think FX would give a few hundred to dealers the size of UA though, or UA would just make their own DELRIN ones to give to customers.

Perhaps the call for another member of staff at FX-USA will cure some of the support issues? like others on here I run 2 IMPACTS for back up.

If you want a really unreliable consumer item buy a FERRARI, they dont seem to have an issue selling cars even though most customers know how unreliable they are!

If you want a really unreliable consumer item buy a FERRARI, they dont seem to have an issue selling cars even though most customers know how unreliable they are!

Exotics don't really have to be very reliable since they are weekend toys driven on average less than 1000 miles per year. Of course breaking down on the road is never a good thing, but almost no one depends on their Ferrari or Lambo to get them to work every day! Customer satisfaction is about wow factor, performance, fun-to-drive, prestige, etc. That said, Ferrari has made huge improvements since the early 2000's starting with the F430 models...

I suppose an FX Impact is for many a weekend toy as well, and could be rated against some of the same factors as an exotic sports car, where reliability is a plus but nobody is really depending on the rifle to put food on the table.

I luv my .30 Impact. Pre X, pre MKii, just an impact. A few upgrades got it flinging the 44.75 pellet at over 1000fps. I call her 'Thumper'

Not that I haven't had my share of problems. It's been back to FX 3 times now, gotten more upgrades each time it needs repair.

The performance is incredible. Looks are fantastic. It 'feels' good in my hands. We play 'shoot the chalk' at 75 yds when I go to the field and once I'm dialed, I can hit the chalk at will. My friends get mad at me because the Impact makes it look so easy. Sometimes I'm not allowed to use it and have to resort to a .177 R5M. Now that's hard to play 'shoot the chalk' with, little .177 really gets tossed around by the wind.

For every nightmare impact there's 10x that work great.

My next upgrades are a 700mm barrel and a 580cc bottle.

Right now the impact does something’s that other guns do not. That’s not going to be forever. I think the Ferrari analogy is a good one.

The things it has to offer are power, adjustability and the interchangeable barrel system. 

What it lacks in my opinion is a great trigger and rock solid dependability 

They are expensive but no more then others.

I do believe you should be willing to learn to work on them if you own one. There is a lot on the web about making repairs and maintaining them and if you don’t see that in your future buy a RAW.

I bought my impact to shoot slugs. I had no luck with my other guns and in fact I’ll say it up front I think getting a pellet barrel to shoot slugs is about as easy as getting a dachshund to retrieve. You might get lucky. I have not. My dog says you threw it you get it my guns just wouldn’t try to shoot slugs.

Do you need to shoot slugs ? of course not but if you do right now FX is the answer.

I love Daystate and RAW rifles . Raw for its rock solid build quality and Daystate for its beauty and wonderful trigger ( red wolf) I like playing with the impact and I haven’t had any problems but I wouldn’t be surprised if something comes along 

Fir what ever it worth 😄

I watch these posts about the FX IMPACTS with much interest as I just ordered one a wk ago, I did so with much deliberation after weighing all the features I wanted in my next airgun ( versatility! ) I have RAWS,DAYSTATE’s and even had a FX crown at one point! ( these guns basically serve a specific purpose for me, and love them for these purposes! ) Hopefully the Impact will fill this void? I know a lot of owners have excellent reliability others have not!, but another reason I felt comfortable choosing this gun is the tutorials provided online by FX-MASTER CLASS, now most of you know I’ve never been a FX fanboy! Hopefully I made a good decision? Also wanted to add I ordered my impact from a “local” dealer who I have much confidence in vs. the BIG BOX distributor! Rather see the profit stay local.

Mine was one extremely frustrating experience! It drove me nuts trying to figure out the various things wrong with it going on all at the same time frame. 

Yes, whoever mentioned that a $2000 air rifle should not have any problems is 100% correct.

It's good now thanks to a good friend who happens to be an awesome AG gunsmith. 

My Friggen FX Revolution was the biggest POS I've ever had the displeasure to come across.

Except for reg creep my FX Royale has been okay.

Stories like this keep me from even thinking of buying an Impact. For that kind of money and for as many as they sell there should be zero issues with these gun. It amazes me that ordinary people shell out over $2000 for the headaches that come with it. And don’t get me started on how much you guys work on these guns just to put the pellet where you want it. Oh, but first we have to find such pellet.... I told you don’t get me started...
1f600.svg

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have 3 FX Impacts...in case 2 of them break.

One is in the repair facility as we speak.
1f61c.svg

😂