Problem with my new cricket 2 tactical NO Accuracy

Hello friends, I have a problem. My completely new cricket 2 tactiacl 600 groups wonderfully at 25 meters with 18.13 pellets. But at 50 meters it makes elliptical turns (they can be seen) and they fall anywhere. I have moved the entire spring in all directions and it still does not bunch up well. What can be? NOTE: My cricket 1 in a 50 meter wonder. Thank you for your answers.

Terminator,
No expert here, but recently experienced same thing with Airacuda Max, I'll share my findings. Elliptical turns or "corkscrew" can be caused by too fast a twist and too high a speed placed on pellets which are, by design, self-stabilizing and don't react well to this combination. Another reason can be a deformed pellet which forces a "yawing" condition as it seeks to impossibly self-stabilize. Suggest barrel cleaning, inspect for evidence of "clipping," and research Nervoustrig's barrel inspection fact sheet. Best of Luck, WM

Reactions: Stone02
Terminator,
No expert here, but recently experienced same thing with Airacuda Max, I'll share my findings. Elliptical turns or "corkscrew" can be caused by too fast a twist and too high a speed placed on pellets which are, by design, self-stabilizing and don't react well to this combination. Another reason can be a deformed pellet which forces a "yawing" condition as it seeks to impossibly self-stabilize. Suggest barrel cleaning, inspect for evidence of "clipping," and research Nervoustrig's barrel inspection fact sheet. Best of Luck, WM

Thanks for your answer. I have varied the entire spring from the maximum to the minimum.

Thanks for your answer. I have varied the entire spring from the maximum to the minimum.
You're welcome, did the same thing as well as three cleanings and adjusting regulator up and down. Turns out the stack nut was never tightened down inside the shroud; the baffles and air stripper were free to move, clipping pellets. I'd still like to run the tests Nervoustrig outlines in his Fact Sheet, just not sure how barrel removes. WM

The first thing I can tell you is that gun comes with the reg set at about 122 BAR. I have Built many a .22 Cricket shooting the 18.1 JSB, Air Arms Diabolo Field heavy or the FX 18.1 at a 1020 FPS shooting deadly accurate at 40 yards. I would first get your velocity between 880 to 940, it should shoot great somewhere in that range. I would also try shooting it without the shroud on the barrel to see what happens then.
Good luck.
Thanks
Charlie Frear, Georgia Airguns

The first thing I can tell you is that gun comes with the reg set at about 122 BAR. I have Built many a .22 Cricket shooting the 18.1 JSB, Air Arms Diabolo Field heavy or the FX 18.1 at a 1020 FPS shooting deadly accurate at 40 yards. I would first get your velocity between 880 to 940, it should shoot great somewhere in that range. I would also try shooting it without the shroud on the barrel to see what happens then.
Good luck.
Thanks
Charlie Frear, Georgia Airguns
Good observation. I shot out of cover and the grouping is much better at 50 meters. But I don't see any rubbing on the cover to indicate that the pellet is touching it. I will continue with the tests. Thank you.

Terminator,
I comment. My gunsmith told me that the regulator was at 130 BAR and that he has left it at 117 BAR, which can fire 18.13 and 25 gr pellets. AND that I FOUND the INTERNAL spring that presses the valve, LOOSE, without making contact with the valve. They deliver it to me tomorrow and I'll test it and post it. Thank you.

Reactions: WorriedMan