Problem with my FX Tarantula PCP Rifle

Hello All,

I have had my Trantula since new. I just had the seals replaced in the rifle. When I recieved the action back, the gun was working as it should. Pull the bolt back, it engages the trigger and readies the rifle to fire. But when I put the action back in the stock, I pulled the bolt back, it does not engage the trigger or ready the rifle to fire. I have talked to a few people about this and they say they think the trigger is hiting something inside the stock. I only shipped the action when I sent it out to have the seals replaced. I did nothing to my stock and my gunsmith told me all he did was replace the seals.

I know that the trigger has two set screws, the one in front to adust the level of the trigger and the one on the trigger shoe to adjust the length of pull...

Do you think the trigger possibly got out of alignment during its travels and this could be causing the problem?

I really do not want to make any adustments to the trigger unless I really have to. 

My hands and my eyes aren't what they use to be and it is difficult to do any work on my guns...

Before I go to the expense of having to ship the entire gun for repair, is there anyone out there that can help me with this problem? 

Also, does anyone know of a Airgun Smith or an Individual Person in the Philadelphia, Pa, area that I could take the rifle to look at?

Thanking you in advance for any help you can give me on this situation..

Regards,

Stu Gabriel (MrGun)
[email protected]
215-969-0726

Post Script: Wishing All of You and Your Family A GREAT TURKEY DAY!

The most likely problem and the easiest to fix, Stu is the alignment of the trigger unit itself - when looking at the trigger (out of stock :) ) you'll see a 'see-saw' type bar that the blade itself sits upon - that bar needs to be perfectly straight / aligned to the action to correctly function. Allied to that "easy fix" is the blade itself which can be rotated somewhat on it's small bolt - set it up straight before fitting the stock and adjust it later to suit.

Next up for discussion is the safety catch (small hex wormscrew) I normally set these at approx 1mm clearance (not 'solid', but just so you can just feel the blocking action as you take up the first stage of trigger travel).

All of the very small bolts and wormscrews on the trigger unit are prone to move over time.

I'm in the UK, Stu !!! So not much use to you on this one, I would say the very best person to advise you would be Ernest Rowe ('Sniperlabyo' or something on here).

He now has his own website which I'm sure would have his contact details.
I'll try and find his web address for you later (quick lunch visit, this).

BTW - AoA (airguns of arizona) have, I think, the trigger adjustment guide and parts list for your rifle on their website.