problem with BRK Ghost 22 HP

I've been having a problem with my new Ghost similar to what @jasperjet is seeing. When I first received the gun it had some air in it so it wasn't leaking,great.
I dry fired it once just to see.. Loud, wow. well OK the reg was set to 150. I thought I try a couple of shots without doing anything. I ran a couple of patches through the barrel to make sure it wasn't dirty, they came out pretty clean. I put a SUMO on the end and loaded some JSB 26g pellets. Still wow loud and shooting at 1050+ on 18. Turning it down to 8 only got to 990's and down to min got down to 960's. I knew this thing was wasting a lot of air. I removed the tank, de-pressured and turned down the reg to what turned out to be 115bar. Back together and aired up and the first shots weren't much different still loud and 920's on min. So now I'm wondering if I need to change the hammer throw looking at @Franklink review. Well my hammer is not like his!
I didn't want to tear it apart at this point so I decided to shoot it for a while. I started shooting and the ES for 11 shots was 50fps. I put more air in (240) and the next shot was THUNK nothing?? I used a dowel to push the pellet out, nope not stuck, still in the breach, hadn't moved. tried again, same thing. I was shooting on MIN so I turned it up to MAX. POW speed back but only 960 or so. I shot a couple more and the speed and noise climbed back up. Something obviously wrong so I set it aside until I had more time.
Sunday I started taking the hammer out. De-pressurized just to be safe and took the barrel off to make it easier to work on. Well Crap nothing like Franklin's hammer. Someone said that the new guns have a 4 bolt back? Mine has 3. My hammer is 1 piece with no throw adjustment except for the 'L' bracket that is mounted in a V grove with 2 set screws, it can be moved but I have no idea how much does what. Now I get the spring and hammer out. What the heck is this? there is metal free floating inside the front hammer chamber that looks like 1/3 of a broken washer beat to heck. I can not tell what metal it is nor is there any other bits in there. No idea where the rest of that part ended up. Also the valve rod that the hammer hits looks a bit chewed up but I don't want to take it apart more.
At this point I don't think that is a stock part because there is no indication that it was ever attached to anything unless ti's part of the valve seat or something else in that part of the gun. Well I'm going to contact the vendor and see about getting an RMA and a new gun or refund.
FYI my hammer spring is .051 wire 1.98 inches long.

Photo 1 all the parts.
20230507_104908.jpg
Photo 2 Hammer & bracket.
20230507_104934.jpg
#3 Hammer & bracket.
20230507_105000.jpg

#4 metal bit.

20230507_105021 (2).jpg

20230507_104908 (2).jpg

#5 metal bit sitting on top of hammer.
20230507_105000.jpg
20230507_105021 (2).jpg
20230507_104908 (2).jpg
20230507_151851 (2).jpg

I spoke with @jasperjet over the weekend. He also disassembled to find out why his cocking lever was stuck. He found the same "new"hammer as shown here by @rc4fun. The hammers in the more recent guns don't have the threaded nose like the hammer in the Ghost I've been reviewing. Nothing was broken in jaspers gun like shown here though.

From the photos here, it looks like there is potentially some sort of hammer debouncing device in the front of the channel/raceway in which the hammer travels. I'm assuming that some part of that debounce device is what is broken.

I would suggest not using dry fire as a method to degas the plenum/air in chassis. In both of these recent instances, that has been the common denominator that created the problem. Perhaps cracking open the foster fill port or a gauge (via unthreading) would be a better option for degas. This is in the scenario where the owner wants to lower the reg pressure, and therefore needs to degas the plenum first.

Reactions: rc4fun
Sorry to hear about your problem but please let us know the resolution since mine (177 hp) acted weird on 2 degassing’s but it just seemed as though the hammer was a bit stuck as i just gave it a bump on the lever and all seemed to be good. Mine still shoots fine with no extra noise?
Will do. I am in conversation with DayState USA :)

Quick update. The gun is on it's way to Daystate USA. The bit of metal turns out to be lead. I have no idea how it got into the chamber in front of the hammer, it doesn't belong anywhere in the gun. With it moving around I can understand why shots were very inconsistent even to the point that the hammer never hit the valve or sometimes hitting so hard that the valve opened way to long.
The lead weighed 23gn. I have nothing at that weight. That said there might be a way to drop a pellet in the opening at the back of the gun in front of the probe when the cocking handle is all the way back. I should have used my barrel scope and try to look in there to see if there was an open path, I didn't think about doing that. I'm positive the lead didn't come from me.
SO with the lead out I expect the gun will probably function properly. But I wanted it checked out just incase.

Reactions: Ranchibi and Solo1
Hello to everyone This is my first post to this forum and I am in desperate need of help with an issue that has been spoken about before and that is inconsistency of a BRK ghost the ES is 36 fps it always starts low at 870 but after 3 shots will climbs to 906 using jsb 18.13 .This gun has been back to Brocock twice and they have still not solved the problem. I have seen the videos posted o YouTube by sub12airgunner and would like to thank him very much for his help because before following his videos the gun was varying by no less than 100 fps . So with all the seals and delrin disc changed in the regulator and fireing valve where do I go from there any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Welcome to AGN. I'm not sure how many people are following this thread anymore. My issue was different than you have. Before anyone can offer more suggestions you should state what version you have carbine, HP... What is your regulator set to. Do you know what spring you have? I have an HP and I know I had to change the spring to a lower one in order to shoot the 18.1g with any consistency. BRK recently came out with a spring kit with colors, mine didn't have a color so I'm not sure what it is.
What chronograph are you using? I have an FX V1 and it will not give consistent readings unless I use it outdoors away from walls.
If you don't get an answer here try a new post with additional info.

Welcome to AGN. I'm not sure how many people are following this thread anymore. My issue was different than you have. Before anyone can offer more suggestions you should state what version you have carbine, HP... What is your regulator set to. Do you know what spring you have? I have an HP and I know I had to change the spring to a lower one in order to shoot the 18.1g with any consistency. BRK recently came out with a spring kit with colors, mine didn't have a color so I'm not sure what it is.
What chronograph are you using? I have an FX V1 and it will not give consistent readings unless I use it outdoors away from walls.
If you don't get an answer here try a new post with additional info.
Thanks for the reply the gun is HP .22 and the regulator is set at 150 bar the spring is the blue one I'm told is a standard fac and is out of the set of which came from Brocock . The chronographs used are fx v1 and v2. The power wheel is on minimum.

Hello to everyone This is my first post to this forum and I am in desperate need of help with an issue that has been spoken about before and that is inconsistency of a BRK ghost the ES is 36 fps it always starts low at 870 but after 3 shots will climbs to 906 using jsb 18.13 .This gun has been back to Brocock twice and they have still not solved the problem. I have seen the videos posted o YouTube by sub12airgunner and would like to thank him very much for his help because before following his videos the gun was varying by no less than 100 fps . So with all the seals and delrin disc changed in the regulator and fireing valve where do I go from there any suggestion would be very much appreciated.
That is frequent with many regulated air rifles.

Plenum and whole mechanism get equilibrium after four shots after a period of inactivity/ filling.

Quick update. The gun is on it's way to Daystate USA. The bit of metal turns out to be lead. I have no idea how it got into the chamber in front of the hammer, it doesn't belong anywhere in the gun. With it moving around I can understand why shots were very inconsistent even to the point that the hammer never hit the valve or sometimes hitting so hard that the valve opened way to long.
The lead weighed 23gn. I have nothing at that weight. That said there might be a way to drop a pellet in the opening at the back of the gun in front of the probe when the cocking handle is all the way back. I should have used my barrel scope and try to look in there to see if there was an open path, I didn't think about doing that. I'm positive the lead didn't come from me.
SO with the lead out I expect the gun will probably function properly. But I wanted it checked out just incase.
The more the people play with the tunnig of their air rifles, the more the problems arise.

“Many times the best quality becomes the worst weakness. And many times the worst weakness become the strongest benefit.”

This paradox apply really frequently on life. It is just a matter to pay attention.

Going back to the OP problem, sometimes is better to convince your self that the manufacturers send the rifles at the settings they consider the better and live feithfully with that dogmas and therefore just make as less adjustments as possible.

Looks like a lead projectile to me that fell into the hammer chamber and got smacked over and again.

I’ve actually seen this before in 2 other Ghosts. From the breech, the projectile can fall back and down into the hammer chamber while the gun is cocked. Be mindful of this!
Yep that was the orginal problem. @shilosunny added his problem to an old thread and is looking for help.

I am curious if you throw out the first low velocity three shots how is the extreme spread in fps then ? Really not crazy unusual for a gun to need a few shots to settle in after sitting awhile.

I am curious if you throw out the first low velocity three shots how is the extreme spread in fps then ? Really not crazy unusual for a gun to need a few shots to settle in after sitting awhile.
The gun will always start at around 870 and after 2 or 3 shots will climb to around 905 and will become very consistent at that but left alone for 10 minutes it will drop again . The reg gauge is very stable and is very quick to recover even left for a week it's stable