• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Problem with Aztec Emerald 5.5-25 50

Recently purchased an Aztec Emerald scope when I saw it listed on sale at Krale Sport. From the reviews I was really excited. When I received it I was really impressed with the look of the scope and the packaging. But when I mounted to my gun I was in for a big problem. The windage and elevation turrets worked great, but the AO turret was almost impossible to move. I even returned to the owners manual to see if there was anything I had done wrong. I don't believe in forcing things, but with constant pressure the AO began to move, but there was no change when I looked through the scope. Or... the distance markings were so far off ( for example 100 yard mark focused at 10 yards) and continued to shift. Rotation was sometimes smooth and sometimes rough. Sadly I loved the glass and especially the reticle, but the defective AO made the scope unuseable. At first I emailed Aztec to get a replacement under their "Golden Guarantee", but never got a response. Krale was kind enough to send me a return barcode to return to them. Before final packaging I tried the scope once more and the AO would only move about half of its mark rotation. Disappointed, I returned to Krale. And guess what............................ Krale received, "tested" and said the scope was fine and asked if I wanted them to return to me. (it was their last one) I said a clear no and hoped they would not sell to someone else. I think they are going to give me a store credit for the money I spent. That works for me, but what's up. I don't know much about the mechanics of scopes, but I wondered if something had frozen in my scope. Perhaps some lubricant had jelled. I'm really disappointed, because I loved everything about the scope except the defect. Any idea about what was going on?

Good you got your money back. Why didn't you buy from AoA? Was it that much cheaper? I just got this HAWKE and it's the nicest Chinese scope I have in my everything under $650 made in China collection ridiculously clearer than the $650 MTC Viper Pro. Hawke has a good warranty. Warranty works. Yo!

1589931399_20376749085ec46d87a9d3c6.29766454.jpg

FYI all of my Aztec Emeralds 3-18x and both FFP and SFP 5.5-25x Aztecs according to my eyes has chromatic abherration starting from early mid magnification and progressively gets worse the higher you go up. Noticeable color flare flair SP? even if the images look clear if that makes any sence sense SP? Sorry having a Joe Biden episode here. Yo!

FYI all of my Aztec Emeralds 3-18x and both FFP and SFP 5.5-25x Aztecs according to my eyes has chromatic abherration starting from early mid magnification and progressively gets worse the higher you go up. Noticeable color flare flair SP? even if the images look clear if that makes any sence sense SP? Sorry having a Joe Biden episode here. Yo!

Yes, I noticed the chromatic aberration in both of mine as well although it is not bad and everything is very clear with the exception of the bit of color shift on the edges of some things. I really love the reticle and with the rest of the scope being as good as it is it is easy to live with.

Yes, I noticed the chromatic aberration in both of mine as well although it is not bad and everything is very clear with the exception of the bit of color shift on the edges of some things. I really love the reticle and with the rest of the scope being as good as it is it is easy to live with.

HO MAN...if you think your AZTECS are easy to live with... THIS DAMN HAWKE I just got IS THE SHIIITZZZZ!!! And I'm REAL prejudice about Chinese scopes costing over $300. Yo!