• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning problem with amp reglator? hammer spring?

I was shooting the target outside, but the bullet speed was different at the beginning and the end.

At first it was 905fps, but after about 3 hours, it was up to 895. However, the next day it was back to normal and the bullet speed was 905fps.

It was very cold and humid on this day, and the shroud was condensed.

Is this due to the gun getting cold after shooting?

Also, does this happen in general?

I used Google Translate. It may be strange English.

I'm no expert but I found explanations on this forum regarding regulator creep. Those explanations seemed to explain a similar problem I was seeing.

As your gun sits unused for a time there can be additional air that gradually passes through your regulator, increasing the pressure in your plenum area. This ever so slight increase in plenum pressure (with no increase in hammer spring preload of course) makes it a little harder for your hammer to open the valve. This results in reduced air propelling the pellet for a number of shots until things equalize again.

Hi 

If you could say the model, they could advise you better, anyway 10 fps I don't think it is something very serious I think it is within the standard of most airguns

Regards 

Enkey

my gun

fx crown continuum .22cal

Since the serial number is 19xxxx, I think the regulator is 2nd or 3rd generation.

Hammers, springs and valves are factory default

After purchasing, I changed only the setting value of the regulator to adjust the bullet speed.

Thank you

I'm no expert but I found explanations on this forum regarding regulator creep. Those explanations seemed to explain a similar problem I was seeing.

As your gun sits unused for a time there can be additional air that gradually passes through your regulator, increasing the pressure in your plenum area. This ever so slight increase in plenum pressure (with no increase in hammer spring preload of course) makes it a little harder for your hammer to open the valve. This results in reduced air propelling the pellet for a number of shots until things equalize again.

Yes. I also searched the forums and read about regulator issues.

When I started shooting that day, I shot several times and measured after the regulator value returned to the original value.

Thank you