• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Problem with Air Venturi Tank

Had my 100 cu in Air Venturi tank filled to 3500 PSI in June. Have used it once. Looked at it this morning and the gauge says 0. Bleed valve is tight, and the tank valve is tight. What happened?????? I am new to the PCP game and really don't need another problem. Is there still air in the tank and because the pressure was taken off the hose, the gauge reads 0? I presumed that , like the rifle, the gauge tells me how much pressure is in the tank.

do you have one gauge on the tank or 2?

are you possibly looking at the gauge that shows fill pressure?
instead of the gauge that shows bottle pressure?

"edit" on a small bottle like that you may not have a gauge that shows tank pressure.

try filling a gun with it,
if the gauge youre looking at goes up when you hook it to a gun and try to fill it,
then youre looking at the wrong gauge :)

Reactions: Ezana4CE
@WNYBill Edit: Tanks with a single gauge generally The crossed out portion was a bad generalization.

My Air Venturi Wingman SCBA tank with a jubilee valve (74 cu ft) is going to read the output pressure not the internal pressure. I think @starlingassn has given you some good advice. If yours is similar and has the same valve you should be able to see the internal pressure when you hook up your fill line and open the tank valve or if you have a foster fitting and a deadhead to plug the fitting. Once the deadhead is in place, open the valve, fill the line, read the gauge, and bleed the line.

@Gerry52 is a knowledgeable guy when it comes to SCBA tanks. I only have experience with these tanks that retailers sell us airgunners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raysfan
@Ezana4CE, if tank has only one gauge it indicates the amount of pressure IN THE TANK. WNYBill, fill your bathtub or other receptacle with water & submerge your tank to find leak. It's either leaking from the neck seal or the valve seal. That's the only 2 places it can be coming from, short of a hole in the tank itself. MAYBE bleed valve if it's built in to the valve ass'y. EDIT: IF the tank valve itself has no pressure gauge on it, the only way to get a TANK pressure reading is to dead head the output line. (Thanks Dave/Ezana4ce for making me think about that! )

Last edited:
Please I need help I’m about to buy everything I need to start filling my SCBA tank from home but I have the air Venturi 74 cu ft tank with jubilee valve and it only has one gauge “only gives gun fill reading” not helpful I want to know if I could buy this “the valve in first photo” and it show tank pressure reading constantly. The second photo is the jubilee valve that the air venteri SCBA tank comes with but I would like to know if I can hook up the valve in the first photo to the port on the valve in the second photo and always get a tank pressure reading thanks.

IMG_4667.jpeg

IMG_4668.jpeg

Last edited:
Please I need help I’m about to buy everything I need to start filling my SCBA tank from home but I have the air Venturi 74 cu ft tank with jubilee valve and it only has one gauge “only gives gun fill reading” not helpful I want to know if I could buy this “the valve in first photo” and it show tank pressure reading constantly. The second photo is the jubilee valve that the air venteri SCBA tank comes with but I would like to know if I can hook up the valve in the first photo to the port on the valve in the second photo and always get a tank pressure reading thanks.

View attachment 437094

View attachment 437095

@recklessjunkie I don’t know what that contraption is in the first photo, but your tank should come with a deadhead adapter (essentially a fitting that plug the end of the line) that fits securely into the female foster fitting on your fill whip. Insert it securely, open the tank valve, read your gauge, and bleed the line after you’ve got your reading. That’s how you can tell the SCBA tanks pressure. If you don’t like that, purchase a valve with two gauges. I’ve also seen others rig up and external gauge. If you search the AGN forums you should find this information. It’s here.

@recklessjunkie I don’t know what that contraption is in the first photo, but your tank should come with a deadhead adapter (essentially a fitting that plug the end of the line) that fits securely into the female foster fitting on your fill whip. Insert it securely, open the tank valve, read your gauge, and bleed the line after you’ve got your reading. That’s how you can tell the SCBA tanks pressure. If you don’t like that, purchase a valve with two gauges. I’ve also seen others rig up and external gauge. If you search the AGN forums you should find this information. It’s here.
Yeah I know I can get a reading with the dead head but I don’t want to do that I want a constant reading from a gauge like the guns have and I would buy a double gauge valve but I’d have to drain tank completely to do that and it would take a good while to fill from empty and I would hate to have to do that….. isn’t that an external gauge in the first photo ?

Yeah I know I can get a reading with the dead head but I don’t want to do that I want a constant reading from a gauge like the guns have and I would buy a double gauge valve but I’d have to drain tank completely to do that and it would take a good while to fill from empty and I would hate to have to do that….. isn’t that an external gauge in the first photo ?
Yes, it is. Actually, both of those gauges are external output gauges. They do connect to each other as you have the arrows pointing in the photo. If you put a dead head plug on the hose, both gauges should read the identical pressure after you open the valve.

As a rule of thumb for readers of this thread, if your tank valve has one gauge it shows the output pressure when the valve is opened. If your tank has two gauges, then the one closer to the tank is one showing the tank pressure. The second gauge shows fill pressure going into whatever is being filled.

Yes, it is. Actually, both of those gauges are external output gauges. They do connect to each other as you have the arrows pointing in the photo. If you put a dead head plug on the hose, both gauges should read the identical pressure after you open the valve.

As a rule of thumb for readers of this thread, if your tank valve has one gauge it shows the output pressure when the valve is opened. If your tank has two gauges, then the one closer to the tank is one showing the tank pressure. The second gauge shows fill pressure going into whatever is being filled.
Wait would I still have to close that purge knob and open tank to get reading ? Or will the air flow right to the gauge as soon as I connect it giving me a reading without opening tank I’m thinking for what I want witch is to always have a constant reading I’m gonna have to purchase a dual gauge valve unfortunately…

Yes both gauges give line pressure readings. In order to get bottle pressure reading, you will need to dead head (cap) the line.

Allen

Wait would I still have to close that purge knob and open tank to get reading ? Or will the air flow right to the gauge as soon as I connect it giving me a reading without opening tank I’m thinking for what I want witch is to always have a constant reading I’m gonna have to purchase a dual gauge valve unfortunately…
You don't need 2 gauges to tell how much air is in your tank. Get a dead head plug which snaps into the quick connect on your fill hose. Open the tank valve with the purge knob closed and it will pressurize the hose and the gauges on your tank and fill assembly will both show the remaining pressure in your tank. If the purge knob is open, you will just blast air out and can't get a reading.

Reactions: Healthservices
Something like this.

Paintball PCP Stainless Steel Universal 8mm Quick Disconnect Plug Female Thread Paintball Fitting With Round Ring https://a.co/d/0RZNSnr

Or.

Or

Allen

Last edited:
Reactions: kayaker