• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning PROBLEM - FX M3

It really does not matter where the first regulator goes as it has no influence on your shots. The second reg is the one that really matters. So, unless the first reg is oscillating so much it is affecting the first I would just leave it alone.

Others have had the same comment and have taken the reg apart, cleaned and lubed it and it functioned much better after. So if you are a bit OCD like many of us are then you can always do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XikTv3RJa-Q&ab_channel=910AirgunTuningandRepairs

I have a problem with my 1st reg too.

It´s set to 170 bar, when i take a shot it drops to 140 and doesn´t recover. 2nd reg is at 150 so my 2nd reg doesn´t refill to 150 as it should too.
When i take a 2nd shot, both regs climb up back to the pressures they should. (170 / 150).

I´ll try the disassembly, cleanind and lubing from the video today. Thanks for sharing.

Surprisingly this does not happen when the regs are at factory settings or close to them. For example if i tune the gun to a pellet setup and set my regs to 150 / 90 bar, everything works perfectly fine and both regs recover within 2-3 seconds. Problem starts to appear when i raise the pressures up to shoot slugs.

I think it comes down to the belleville washer stacks. The washer stacks are probably optimized for factory pressures which are 70-135b for the second/back reg and 150b for the first/front reg. This seems to follow the stacks Huma uses for their regs. The first/front reg has an additional challenge being more space-constrained. As a result, it uses smaller washers than the second/back reg, and I'm sure the result is not better operation.

I did take both of mine apart and not only lubed them, but polished the piston shaft, sealing faces, and for the front reg, also polished the inside of the brass bushing that the piston head rides inside. Front reg seems a little more consistent in operation, but recovery speed is not much better. If nothing else, it was a good learning experience and removed any dread/doubts I had about working on the regs. They are pretty easy.

I have a problem with my 1st reg too.

It´s set to 170 bar, when i take a shot it drops to 140 and doesn´t recover. 2nd reg is at 150 so my 2nd reg doesn´t refill to 150 as it should too.
When i take a 2nd shot, both regs climb up back to the pressures they should. (170 / 150).

I´ll try the disassembly, cleanind and lubing from the video today. Thanks for sharing.

Surprisingly this does not happen when the regs are at factory settings or close to them. For example if i tune the gun to a pellet setup and set my regs to 150 / 90 bar, everything works perfectly fine and both regs recover within 2-3 seconds. Problem starts to appear when i raise the pressures up to shoot slugs.

It really does not matter where the first regulator goes as it has no influence on your shots. The second reg is the one that really matters. So, unless the first reg is oscillating so much it is affecting the first I would just leave it alone.

Others have had the same comment and have taken the reg apart, cleaned and lubed it and it functioned much better after. So if you are a bit OCD like many of us are then you can always do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XikTv3RJa-Q&ab_channel=910AirgunTuningandRepairs

Thanks for the comment and video. I'll put it into practice!

I have cranked my first reg almost all the way out now so essentially it's disabled. I sent it back once already 3 weeks into ownership as the front reg blew, it's starting to jump all over again so I said the heck with it and took it out of the equation.

But if this first regulator worked as it should, without a doubt, we would have better results in terms of spread FPS.