Problem filling Brocock Bantam Sniper

Didnt mean to come off as a rant.And as I have stated,I own 3 of these guns total.The oldest Bantam from 2019 has never had this issue.The other two have and one of those has had the issue multiple times.And I’m just sharing my experience and what I did to best remedy my situation.And I said bfore and will continue to say,these guns are flawless otherwise.If you would have told me this was gonna be the case before I everpurchased guns,I probably would not have changed a thing.(except maybe an oring or two. Lol)
These are just the people that have posted about it here.

These are just the people that have posted about it here.
So two or three more people posted where? Links?, etc... This is an "issue" only a minute few have encountered. I've filled my Bantam HR over 100 times, probably closer to 200 times. Only had the "so-called issue" ONCE. Self induced, after that? It has never occurred again. Filling slowly, whether you have a slo-fill set up or not is the key... Witness the lack of "me toos" in this thread...

So two or three more people posted where? Links?, etc... This is an "issue" only a minute few have encountered. I've filled my Bantam HR over 100 times, probably closer to 200 times. Only had the "so-called issue" ONCE. Self induced, after that? It has never occurred again. Filling slowly, whether you have a slo-fill set up or not is the key... Witness the lack of "me toos" in this thread...
Again,this is enough of an issue where two other people on Brocock owners groups,not airgun nation,suggested the Best Fittings valve to me.Obviously your a fan boy I get it,I am too.But I’m done arguing This is a bad design.Best fittings valve not only uses a mere one dowty seal, it actually can be removed with a traditional socket.(no spanner required) Just a better design.I’ll let you argue with another simple mind,I’m done sir.

i have 2 brococks , both have the same valve , neither are problematic when filling , ive had more problems with mrods and fill valves on those , those brococks have been around for a while , havent heard they have a problem with fill valves ,
Not all will encounter the problem.Out of my 3 ,only 2 had the issue.And out of those two,only one had it multiple times.Enough for me to install a Best Fittings valve per the advice of other disgruntled owners who got tired of re oringing theirs

Reactions: joelayfield
Not all will encounter the problem.Out of my 3 ,only 2 had the issue.And out of those two,only one had it multiple times.Enough for me to install a Best Fittings valve per the advice of other disgruntled owners who got tired of re oringing theirs
best fittings is awesome ! i was buying parts there before you could find them here in the states ! my BSA super 10 has a QF and gage V block from those guys , and they had all the sizes of slip on threaded tips for different barrel diameters long before any one had them here in the states . and penchetta stepped up and was the first to sell air gun silencers while all other places were afraid to , as should be in this political country , . be sure to show a pic of the part ! i may get ahead of the problem and buy a few for myself ! and rember Penchetta was first that i could find to buy moderators from ! thanks penchetta for pushing forward , it helped us all !

Reactions: Steveguy
best fittings is awesome ! i was buying parts there before you could find them here in the states ! my BSA super 10 has a QF and gage V block from those guys , and they had all the sizes of slip on threaded tips for different barrel diameters long before any one had them here in the states . and penchetta stepped up and was the first to sell air gun silencers while all other places were afraid to , as should be in this political country , . be sure to show a pic of the part ! i may get ahead of the problem and buy a few for myself ! and rember Penchetta was first that i could find to buy moderators from ! thanks penchetta for pushing forward , it helped us all !
Here is a picture of the very simple,yet effective ,superior fill valve replacement for Brocock

image.jpg

Here is a picture of the very simple,yet effective ,superior fill valve replacement for Brocock

View attachment 281906
Let me be clear,here,too.This Best Fittings valve may fail today,I dont know.I’m going on other people’s word who have had this same issue.This is what they said worked and contimued to work with no further problems.Just wanted to clarify that.I installed one of these on my .25xr back in June,so time will ultimately tell the story for me.

still would be good to have a few on hand.
still would be good to have a few on hand !
I couldnt agree more.I own 1 Bantam HR Hp, one sniper xr.22 mag,and one sniper xr .25 mag.I went ahead and ordered several just to have on hand ,in addition to the one I installed on my .25;in June.I hope I never need them,but my goal is to try to never get caught with my pants down.

I would like to thank everyone here,especially you,L. Leon for opening my eyes to the fact that Airguns of Arizona has a newly engineered valve from Brocock.I called AOA tonight and was told they would send me two of those re engineered valves .They said the internals are reworked.Well,if Brocock takes the time to re-engineer something …say…oh… a magazine….or a fill valve…guess what? That tells me that they acknowledge there is an issue with these products! Of course,some of us already knew this.lol Anyhow,if these new valves are any good,this will be huge.I can then install one and have the magnetic dust cap again! I always did like that idea,anyhow.I just need to determine if I should leave the Best Fittings valve in right now since its in there,working properly,and not leaking.(but no magnetic dust port cover).Or,do I go ahead and de gas the gun,remove the Best Fityings valve,and install a newly engineered one from Brocock? I probably will opt for that,as I do likemthe idea of a magnetic cover,but its dang tempting to just leave well enough alone.Decicions,decisions?…lol

I would like to thank everyone here,especially you,L. Leon for opening my eyes to the fact that Airguns of Arizona has a newly engineered valve from Brocock.I called AOA tonight and was told they would send me two of those re engineered valves .They said the internals are reworked.Well,if Brocock takes the time to re-engineer something …say…oh… a magazine….or a fill valve…guess what? That tells me that they acknowledge there is an issue with these products! Of course,some of us already knew this.lol Anyhow,if these new valves are any good,this will be huge.I can then install one and have the magnetic dust cap again! I always did like that idea,anyhow.I just need to determine if I should leave the Best Fittings valve in right now since its in there,working properly,and not leaking.(but no magnetic dust port cover).Or,do I go ahead and de gas the gun,remove the Best Fityings valve,and install a newly engineered one from Brocock? I probably will opt for that,as I do likemthe idea of a magnetic cover,but its dang tempting to just leave well enough alone.Decicions,decisions?…lol
I received two of the “updated fill valves” from AOA today.I remain skeptical if they are any good as they look identical to the faulty ones.In all fairness,though I have not taken one apart to see if the internals are ,in fact,re worked as AOA claimed they were.Nor will I be taking one apart.I’m going to take AOA’s word at face value and assume what they told me to be the truth.What I have decided though,is just to leave well enough alone and keep the uncapped Best Fittings valve in my .25xr for now.It’s working and not leaking,so I cannot justify degassing the rifle to take a chance on an alledged redesigned valve that may or may not be any good.To my best way of think8ng,I will simply swap out the valve the next time I am forced to de gas the rifle for one reason or another
files
https://www.airgunnation.com/attach...=789685&hash=5850716d1dddf8452fae1f88a5bb2f9f

@Steveguy. Wow, words like "assume AOA told you the truth... " Why wouldn't they? Alleged redesigned valve? You seem intent on trashing the redesigned foster as well... Just give it up and go with your cobbled solution... You "necro bumped" this thread for what? To trash AOA and the foster fill on the Bantams?

Last edited:
Reactions: douger