• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Probably not a new topic. My new Brocock Sniper HR .22 is not slingshot.

RJM

Nov 1, 2019
Az
I just bought a Brocock Sniper HR .22. The gun shoots well but cocking it sucks. Even knowing that it doesn't always cock and being extra careful doesn't solve the problem. I tried putting some moly lube on the bolt and wiping it off to prevent it from getting into places it shouldn't be. The bolt binds and the gun makes an annoying spring noise. So I decided to check for ruff edges and things that could be culprits. Was surprised to find that my .22 Sniper HR had a solid hammer. This is not an early model. NC 2902. I thought that only early models and .25 models had the solid hammer. Any helpful feedback regarding poor bolt action and hammer type would be appreciated.

Is your Sniper the Magnum? If so, it does not come with the slingshot hammer. I purchased the .22 cal Sniper Magnum about a month ago and was messing with the hammer spring tension and seen that it did not have the Slingshot Hammer. I called AOA inquiring why and the tech said the magnums do not benefit from the Slingshot because of the power output. Mine also only has 4 power four settings.....not 6 as advertised, he also stated Brocock changed the specs.

I've got about 4000 rounds through mine testing over ten different pellets and it absolutely loves the 25.39g JSB Redesigned Monsters at 900 fps.