Prism for Prod/1720t?

Grabbed the spitfire 5x today, will have the 1720 in the next day or two -- it's arrived from shipping just need to pick it up.

After playing with it some more at home, really impressed with it for the size. IO 5x30 should be here sometime next week, too.

Saw your post in the Leshiy 2 thread saying you needed to contort less with the Spitfire 5x than the Monstrum.

Which Monstrum were you comparing it to? 

Also, I did find a thread on another forum that had a 1720T with a picatinny adapter bridged over the breech. It was not the thread I mentioned earlier, however. Poster said loading a pellet wasn't too bad with a pellet pen. Not sure what the rules are about posting links from other airgun forums so I won't include it for now. I think I just Googled 1720t picatinny rail.

The pictures in that thread made it look very cramped over the breech. Hopefully the Spitfire is compact enough that you only need have it mounted on the rear section of the 1720T rail.

Grabbed the spitfire 5x today, will have the 1720 in the next day or two -- it's arrived from shipping just need to pick it up.

After playing with it some more at home, really impressed with it for the size. IO 5x30 should be here sometime next week, too.

Saw your post in the Leshiy 2 thread saying you needed to contort less with the Spitfire 5x than the Monstrum.

Also, I did find a thread on another forum that had a 1720T with a picatinny adapter bridged over the breech. It was not the thread I mentioned earlier, however. Poster said loading a pellet wasn't too bad with a pellet pen. Not sure what the rules are about posting links from other airgun forums so I won't include it for now. I think I just Googled 1720t picatinny rail.

The pictures in that thread made it look very cramped over the breech. Hopefully the Spitfire is compact enough that you only need have it mounted on the rear section of the 1720T rail.

It was the Monstrum Raven 3x -- it basically hurt my neck. If I could get the spitfire 5x all the way back on the rail, I think it would be close to perfect on that gun (parallax and reticle aside) but the bottom of the grabber interferes with that lever :(

Yup, non-bullpup and zero/short eye relieve scope combo is a no go! Even with bullpup no eye relieve is no where near comfortable so I gave up that idea a while ago. With good quality glass you don’t need 20x to see anything, the 5x spitfire2 is on top of my list when the next sale comes around, only wish they had a mil-dot reticle.

Yah, if the Spitfire ii had mildot instead of bdc and adjustable parallax it would be literally perfect for a bunch of airguns I think.

It was the Monstrum Raven 3x -- it basically hurt my neck. If I could get the spitfire 5x all the way back on the rail, I think it would be close to perfect on that gun (parallax and reticle aside) but the bottom of the grabber interferes with that lever :(

Interesting. On paper the Raven is longer, more offset and has more eye relief but you're more comfortable with the Spitfire. Makes it so hard to buy based on specs.

I hope the Immersive works out for you. Which reticle did you order?

I suspect I'm going to end up trying the 5x30 on a Classic Leshiy and my P-rod.

Interesting. On paper the Raven is longer, more offset and has more eye relief but you're more comfortable with the Spitfire. Makes it so hard to buy based on specs.

I hope the Immersive works out for you. Which reticle did you order?

I suspect I'm going to end up trying the 5x30 on a Classic Leshiy and my P-rod.

I got the "mil dot rapid" -- I don't plan on any real target shooting -- plinking and posting/hunting so it seemed better.

Yup, non-bullpup and zero/short eye relieve scope combo is a no go! Even with bullpup no eye relieve is no where near comfortable so I gave up that idea a while ago. With good quality glass you don’t need 20x to see anything, the 5x spitfire2 is on top of my list when the next sale comes around, only wish they had a mil-dot reticle.

Yah, if the Spitfire ii had mildot instead of bdc and adjustable parallax it would be literally perfect for a bunch of airguns I think.

I actually prefer fixed parallax for fast target acquisition. For hunting I set my parallax at about my max distance I would shoot and used lower power/zoom so it’s clear through out the entire range whiteout needing focus…..basically same thing. 

Mildot would make the scope awesome for airgun but I can always remember which mark is for which distance and adjust accordingly. BUT at around 900fps between 20 to 50 yards it should be just point and shoot, just need to remember the hash marks for pass 50 but then again I wouldn’t shoot much pass 50 with 5x anyways. 

@700 FPS my 1720 with hades basically shoot flat between 20 and 35 yards and not a whole lot of drop till about 50 yards, not hard to remember. 

I actually prefer fixed parallax for fast target acquisition. For hunting I set my parallax at about my max distance I would shoot and used lower power/zoom so it’s clear through out the entire range whiteout needing focus…..basically same thing. 

Mildot would make the scope awesome for airgun but I can always remember which mark is for which distance and adjust accordingly. BUT at around 900fps between 20 to 50 yards it should be just point and shoot, just need to remember the hash marks for pass 50 but then again I wouldn’t shoot much pass 50 with 5x anyways. 

@700 FPS my 1720 with hades basically shoot flat between 20 and 35 yards and not a whole lot of drop till about 50 yards, not hard to remember.

Thats good to know per the hades and 1720t --- I don't anticipate shooting past 50 ever really. If the parallax was set to 25 or 50 like most rimfire scopes are I'd probably just roll with it. We will see -- maybe I will anyways. I really like everything else about it. I'm in the list for a Stalker as well, but I'm skeptical that they are coming any time soon.

Here is the drop table for hades @700fps with 5mph wind at 90 degrees so near zero is 20 yards and far zero is 30 yards. For the short barrel 700FPS is it’s sweet spot and plenty to kill squirrels with a headshot or even vital at 50 yards.
8A27007E-CE3C-4907-913C-485B97FA7D0C.1628199191.jpeg

then map your yardage to the reticle hash marks and you are covered. Most yardage points mostly maps to a hash point so it’s really quick and easy like 60 yards is the third or 500 yard mark, 50 yards is 400 mark and 40 yards is 300 mark then everything ended 40 is center dot. Even the windage marks are pretty close!
73119A3F-0BBA-4C58-8119-961395954059.1628178943.png

Here is the drop table for hades @700fps so near zero is 20 yards and far zero is 30 yards. For the short barrel 700FPS is it’s sweet spot and plenty to kill squirrels with a headshot or even vital at 50 yards.
8A27007E-CE3C-4907-913C-485B97FA7D0C.1628199191.jpeg

then map your yardage to the reticle hash marks and you are covered. Most yardage points mostly maps to a hash point so it’s really quick and easy like 60 yards is the third or 500 yard mark, 50 yards is 400 mark and 40 yards is 300 mark then everything ended 40 is center dot. Even the windage marks are pretty close!
73119A3F-0BBA-4C58-8119-961395954059.1628178943.png

This is an incredibly useful post. Seriously, thank you!

When I was looking for an adapter I found that I could measure the CGI of the adapter online & the set up a proportion based on the listed length & figure out if it would fit on the rear section of the dovetail. 

When I would get them the measurements for length & bolt spacing were very close to what I calculated. Scew spacing was most important. I didn't care if I had to cut an adapter but wanted to have enough slots & at least two screws on each section of the dovetail. 

When I was looking for an adapter I found that I could measure the CGI of the adapter online & the set up a proportion based on the listed length & figure out if it would fit on the rear section of the dovetail. 

When I would get them the measurements for length & bolt spacing were very close to what I calculated. Scew spacing was most important. I didn't care if I had to cut an adapter but wanted to have enough slots & at least two screws on each section of the dovetail.

Yeah -- part of the problem is that most don't have gripping surface dimensions posted anywhere :(

Larcat, Why not an LPVO?

I personally found LPVO rather not well suited for my use on airguns besides compactness compared to traditional large scopes. The reason a good LPVO is quite expensive is 1x, LPVO is designed to be best at 1x which and it is actually very difficult to do 1x well and provide a very flat image. Then the ability to zoom to 6 or 10x is for additional for versatility but primary focus is 1x. Since we airgunners are mostly shooting at very small critters or targets instead of torso sized steel targets the 1x isn't terribly useful except for say 10 yards. A 2-10 or 3-12 is far more useful and even can be made lighter in 1 inch tube configuration compared to LPVO, why pay good money for 1x when we don't use it?

Like Larcat mentioned I mostly leave mine at 10x for 20-35 yard shooting but for hunting I would leave mine at around 4x anyways so a light and good quality prism would actually word much better in hunting application with much wider field of view. There is a reason AR folks are starting to move to a 3-5x light Prism scopes with a side red dot configuration, no need to flip the lever or MUCH faster transition without take the hand off of the gun and a good reflex sight is much faster/better than LPVO at 1x with zero parallax/cheek weld requirements. I really think the Spitfire2 knocked it out of the park and everyone else will follow very soon, those traditional 16oz 4x Prism scopes are completely outdated compared to the Spitfire2. Hell the Spitfire2 line of Prism scope especially the 5x version(11oz) is making LPVO scopes mostly obsolete IMHO. 

Larcat, Why not an LPVO?

I personally found LPVO rather not well suited for my use on airguns besides compactness compared to traditional large scopes. The reason a good LPVO is quite expensive is 1x, LPVO is designed to be best at 1x which and it is actually very difficult to do 1x well and provide a very flat image. Then the ability to zoom to 6 or 10x is for additional for versatility but primary focus is 1x. Since we airgunners are mostly shooting at very small critters or targets instead of torso sized steel targets the 1x isn't terribly useful except for say 10 yards. A 2-10 or 3-12 is far more useful and even can be made lighter in 1 inch tube configuration compared to LPVO, why pay good money for 1x when we don't use it?

Like Larcat mentioned I mostly leave mine at 10x for 20-35 yard shooting but for hunting I would leave mine at around 4x anyways so a light and good quality prism would actually word much better in hunting application with much wider field of view. There is a reason AR folks are starting to move to a 3-5x light Prism scopes with a side red dot configuration, no need to flip the lever or MUCH faster transition without take the hand off of the gun and a good reflex sight is much faster/better than LPVO at 1x with zero parallax/cheek weld requirements. I really think the Spitfire2 knocked it out of the park and everyone else will follow very soon, those traditional 16oz 4x Prism scopes are completely outdated compared to the Spitfire2. Hell the Spitfire2 line of Prism scope especially the 5x version(11oz) is making LPVO scopes mostly obsolete IMHO. 

Yeah -- Exactly what you said above. I got out of my rimfires because I simply don't go to the range much, but I am taking up hunting small game. Everything about a prism makes more sense to me.

I'm really astounded by how much is crammed into such a small form factor with the Spitfire II.

A lower set parallax (25 yards imho), the same reticle in even mildot spacing instead of BDC and smaller click spacing on the turrets and I think it would be literally perfect for this application.

I'm mostly a sporting clays shooter for recreational shooting, so that probably influences my thinking on all this.