• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Primos Trigger Stick Gen3 Bipod modifications

Looking to start shooting Hunter class field target and purchased a Primos Trigger Stick Gen3 Bipod Camo 18-30". Seems to work ok, maybe a bit wobbly or just me getting used to it. Wondering if there were any modifications folks have made to make it more stable or easier to shoot field target with. Any real world experience, tips on using the sticks effectively or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link to what I have:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071FG8Z32/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_H3ET0PE82VHXARTH2BNY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks!

I have those sticks, and I've been considering taking it for turkey and deer, from my ground blind. Squirrel hunting for me usually means up in the trees, so bipods are less useful there.

That said, I've had great success shooting small groups in my back yard from my hunting chair and .22s. The best and most stable config is when I can angle the bipod towards me, and use the front pic rail on my taipan to lock against it.

With my revere, I can rest the forestock on it, and grip the bipods with a couple fingers, and get a pretty steady hold. 

I can't quite get the same stability as resting on a sandbag on my folding table, but it is still a lot better than just trying to use my knee.

One thing I do like about those sticks, is the flexibility in arranging them, from the fold out to the individual height, tilt, and swivel, it is pretty easy to get a decently stable hold from a lot of different positions, using only one hand to do it.

You can slightly tighten the two bolts in the head to reduce the head wobble a bit. I also tie a length of parachute cord at the bottom to limit leg separation. Sometimes I will use the cord to step on to hold the legs down while I adjust the height. 

3EDE9F98-C1C3-43AB-9BBD-F34C280EE6A3.1618352762.jpeg
BE07A904-AF53-43DB-A0BD-9C139B4378CE.1618352763.jpeg

I really like mine, but like you there was just so much movement. So I tried this. You may notice that there is a drill bit broken off, there are actually 2. I do not know what is in there but it is hard. I got lucky that I did not screw up legs locking mechanism. I would consider putting something on the top to stop the legs and grip from moving.

20210413_193321.1618360810.jpg
20210413_193227.1618360812.jpg
20210413_193224.1618360814.jpg

Looking to start shooting Hunter class field target and purchased a Primos Trigger Stick Gen3 Bipod Camo 18-30". Seems to work ok, maybe a bit wobbly or just me getting used to it. Wondering if there were any modifications folks have made to make it more stable or easier to shoot field target with. Any real world experience, tips on using the sticks effectively or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link to what I have:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071FG8Z32/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_H3ET0PE82VHXARTH2BNY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks!
It's really too wobbly and unstable at the head to use. I'm going to return mine and I'm looking for someone to suggest a rocksolid stable solution

The bog pod is more stable than the trigger sticks, like night and day. The downside is it takes longer to adjust the legs, but I'll live with that for the stability.
I think the current ones are called Bog Havoc. The key is to get the ones where the legs are geared, that's where the stability comes from. Basically, if you move one leg 6 inches, the other leg also moves 6 inches.
Looks like they offer another version called the Adrenaline that has easier to use leg locks instead of screw out leg locks. If I was buying one today for FT, that's the one I would get.

Reactions: davit66
But, you can simply lash a large width zip tie around the base. I have helped 2 people with the zip tie method at matches this summer. I could not just sit there and watch them fight the floppy trigger sticks any longer. If it was a GP, I might not have said anything, but a local match, I'm all for good sportsmanship!
The picture below is with the zip tie in place, but since mine has the plastic spacers, I can't show the exact zip tie placement, but you get the idea.

20230923_172249.jpg

Reactions: Joedirt199