Primary Arms,always wanted one.

Since I wrote my previous post I put a Primary Arms 4-16 mil dot on my new P35-177. I like it a lot. I am not liking my Athlon Talos 6-24x50 as much due to a couple factors. I find the recticle hard to use hunting, maybe I'll get used to it, and it doesn't move the point of impact very linearly. A click or two or three may not move anything then it jumps several clicks worth. But it seems to stay put once I finally get the P35-22 zeroed. My Primary Arms move better than this. I also have a West Hunter which I am not sure about. It moved POI for no reason once but has not done it again. I put it on my Avenger. To me they sort of match - a lot of features for the money, build quality a little questionable. I like Primary Arms scopes fine. The adjustments may be a little stiff but that helps keep them from getting shifted from a bump. Neither of my PA scopes have changed point of impact and I like the mil dot recticles they have.

Since I wrote my previous post I put a Primary Arms 4-16 mil dot on my new P35-177. I like it a lot. I am not liking my Athlon Talos 6-24x50 as much due to a couple factors. I find the recticle hard to use hunting, maybe I'll get used to it, and it doesn't move the point of impact very linearly. A click or two or three may not move anything then it jumps several clicks worth. But it seems to stay put once I finally get the P35-22 zeroed. My Primary Arms move better than this. I also have a West Hunter which I am not sure about. It moved POI for no reason once but has not done it again. I put it on my Avenger. To me they sort of match - a lot of features for the money, build quality a little questionable. I like Primary Arms scopes fine. The adjustments may be a little stiff but that helps keep them from getting shifted from a bump. Neither of my PA scopes have changed point of impact and I like the mil dot recticles they have.

My experience with Athlon CS was incredible. Just give them a call, explain the issue, and they'll likely have you send it back for repair/replacement.

I am still evaluating my Athlon. I know their warranty service is supposed to be great but I am not sure I need it "fixed". Today I moved the POI a little for a pellet change and it did fine. The recticle is just how it is made and I'm getting used to turning on the illumination when I can't see it. It is also a "Talos", the low end of their line. As long as I can keep it sighted in and it doesn't move I will keep it. I will tolerate a little difficulty sighting in but I don't tolerate a scope that moves point of impact repeatedly on it's own. I had a bug buster do that on my Prod and I sent it back. I had a really nice early Simmons "44 Magum" on my 30 06 but after 100 rounds or so it started shifting and got sent back. The replacement worked but the glass was not nearly as good.

Have a few of the PA 1-6x & 1-8x LPVO scopes mounted on .22's and centerfires, and a few of the Vortex Gen2 Strike Eagle's. Both are similar and so far no problems with any of them, for Chinese scopes they are working until they don't. Primary Arms is down the street so warranty issues should be corrected on the spot if anything develops. Also have a few of the PA MD-25 red dots on. 22's and might try to slide mount one on a .45 which will really test it's durability. (Bullseye pistol which already claimed a aimpoint 9000sc which was slide mounted.). I also like my Athlon Midas scopes, prefer them over the 35mm tube Vortex Strike Eagle but the Vortex is pretty good for the money.

i have 2 of their optics, a red dot and a 1-4 ... what i think of them is the optic clarity is what i expect for that price range, build quality is pretty good, but the designs definitely are budget level .. i like the name its fairly respected, but truth is id rather have a westhunter or utg ...
Thanks for the useful info. I’m going to check out the Westhunter.