Umarex Primal Shotgun Release Date?

Unfortunately, not yet.... wondering if anyone has the scoop- dying to own/shoot one! Waiting on a Seneca Double Shot to arrive (backorder), but when Primal release date jumped back (last I heard was early 2024) I was really wanting a PCP shotgun for my collection! And it was on sale for $599....so I just HAD to (explanation/justification to my wife)! Currently own a pair of Umarex HDS .68cal double-barrel shotguns that I connect to Air Venturi 3K psi tanks (modified both shotguns myself first to accept & perform well with higher psi (AV 3K psi tanks regulated to 1100psi, vs 850ish from CO2's, simple mod vids everywhere). Best part with those is all the ammo I've made with initially hot glue guns, but now acrylic & silicone molds. I insert nails, shot of all sizes, pellets, BBs, you name it- I gotta post some pics of all the different ammunition!

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Unfortunately, not yet.... wondering if anyone has the scoop- dying to own/shoot one! Waiting on a Seneca Double Shot to arrive (backorder), but when Primal release date jumped back (last I heard was early 2024) I was really wanting a PCP shotgun for my collection! And it was on sale for $599....so I just HAD to (explanation/justification to my wife)! Currently own a pair of Umarex HDS .68cal double-barrel shotguns that I connect to Air Venturi 3K psi tanks (modified both shotguns myself first to accept & perform well with higher psi (AV 3K psi tanks regulated to 1100psi, vs 850ish from CO2's, simple mod vids everywhere). Best part with those is all the ammo I've made with initially hot glue guns, but now acrylic & silicone molds. I insert nails, shot of all sizes, pellets, BBs, you name it- I gotta post some pics of all the different ammunition!

Nails?

20231027_092252.jpg

I do not use those shotguns for hunting, only at my indoor shooting range. I hunt with my crossbows, Umarex Air Saber, Umarex Hammer .50cal, FX Wildcat MKIII. 30cal & my Umatex Origin. 22cal. As a veterinarian, I'd never hunt with anything other than traditional ammo, bolts or arrows! First part of my Hippocratic oath is, "Above all else, do no harm...."

Make your own loads. All you need are .20-gauge shotgun fiber card wads and the shot. Take one wad, push it all the way into the mag with a dowel rod for your gas seal, add 11/8 or 11/4 oz of shot, then another wad, push it down tight, put in your mag and let I'm fly. Easy peasy. The wads are cheap. That's how the PBBA guy did it when he came out with the magazine. If you want some tighter patterns even beyond what the chokes give do the same but put the shot in a plastic shotgun wad, it will help tighten up the pattern some. The shells are just a gimmick to make way too much money, just like Serpent Arms, no need to play by their rules. If it is an off size, check the wads available for muzzle loaders, they have a ton of different sizes. I have used punches to make my own wads.

Last edited: