AEA Prices US vs Europe, holy moly

As this is my first post, first of all a hello to everyone.

Having only ever read here and benefited from the experts here, I can offer a possible explanation for this phenomenon.

As darlym has already written, this is due to the demand, or more precisely the demand for the HP MAX in Germany.

To cut a long story short, Jörg Sprave (YT Slingshot Channel) launched an F version (i.e. below 5.5 ftlb muzzle energy) of the HP MAX cal .35 1.5 years ago, which anyone over the age of 18 can easily purchase. He also includes all the parts you need to bring the rifle to full power, because you can legally own them, just not install them yourself.

And the result?

If you believe his statements on YT, he has sold around 25,000 units in 1.5 years at a price of €1,099.

His target group is not the average shooter but the prepper scene who are preparing for the end of the world. Since firearms are not easy to buy and own legally in Germany and only with considerable effort, and there are no other large-caliber air rifles that you can simply buy (and also bring to full power for self-defense without much effort), the HP MAX is still "the next big thing" in Germany, and people are simply paying the price.

Even if Jörg Sprave sometimes comes across as slightly crazy in his videos (some of which are also available in English, by the way), he is a damn good businessman and understands marketing. Firstly, he was the first one who throttled large-caliber air rifles to such an extent that he can legally sell them to anyone over the age of 18 in Germany (which, by the way, must be checked and certified by the German authorities, which is not exactly cheap) and secondly, he addresses his target group precisely in his videos by repeatedly talking about the collapse of the state and the legal system or the zombie apocalypse.

And if the Germans can sell thousands of 5.5ftlb HP MAX for €1,099, why shouldn't the Spaniards (who have a 24 joule limit) be able to charge €900 for them?

Hope that explains it.
The Germans can easily purchase any non-restricted airgun quit easily tough. Just get in the car and hop to the neighbour the Netherlands. Krale is close to the German border and there is no border control.
Yes they are illegal in Germany but so is Sprave's HP Max with the restriction removed.

Adding all costs (fom US to EU), it is less stressful in EU to buy from EU. That little or a bit more than little extra You have to pay in the end isn't that much. And You get the gun faster. For example, from Krale (Netherlands) to Estonia, it takes 1 week with UPS. But from USA to Estonia 30-45 days + customs.
Yes luckily there is one benefit of being in the EU. A free market between countries, no custom control and import taxes.
It's basically the United States of Europe.

Well I have not much input on the whole money thing but I will say that I ordered a huben on Black Friday from the wolfiek group and it came in 5days no problems at all. It can be done and I know it was Black Friday and everything but nowhere in the us had any better deal on Black Friday. I think the closest to it was New England air guns for 1499.00. I paid 1292.00 for a .25 huben k1 from wolfiek. Idk just saying that you can defiently get them overseas without issues but I’m sure there is many many people who have had issues. Luck of the draw I guess

Reactions: darylm
Yep, it's a business that's worth it. However, even inflation in the EU and on globe has raised prices within a couple of years. But on the other hand, a familiar business model from Wolfiek. When RTI's long range pellet barrels were almost sold out and the new RPB barrel came out, the price of the previous LW's diabolo barrel really skyrocketed. If I remember correctly, almost €600 or more. That is, when the specified product changes/discontinues or is popular, the price goes up. But the free market and the purchase decision remain with the buyer in any case

Reactions: Spinach
Yep, it's a business that's worth it. However, even inflation in the EU and on globe has raised prices within a couple of years. But on the other hand, a familiar business model from Wolfiek. When RTI's long range pellet barrels were almost sold out and the new RPB barrel came out, the price of the previous LW's diabolo barrel really skyrocketed. If I remember correctly, almost €600 or more. That is, when the specified product changes/discontinues or is popular, the price goes up. But the free market and the purchase decision remain with the buyer in any case
It pays to shop about.

My RTI long range barrel cost 219 euro from Balistas, at the time the Spanish outfit was asking 579.
This was earlier this year.

As a person who just started selling airguns in Finland and have been trying to expand the brands I can offer I have a bit of insight.
The problem seems to be Wolfiek, I'm not sure but they seem to be a distributor as I have received completely different prices from Wolfiek compared to directly from the manufacturer. I'm not sure but they seem to be the exclusive distributors for Edgun, Huben and AEA in Europe as I have not found anyone else who distributes those airguns. Minimum order is 50 rifles so it's not possible for me to order that many as I don't have that kind of money.
I had €10 000 to start my store with and that's not enough to get 50 rifles of any brand.

You really have to shop around in Europe to find a good deal, some of the best places I've found is Krale and Balistas, they have a pretty wide range on offer as well.

As for AEA in Europe there doesn't seem to be many places that offer them, one place I've found with decent prices is pcphunters.com, I don't know if they themselves make the ARG slugs or if they have a factory make them for them but they distribute those as well.

When it comes to shopping in the EU the further north you go the more expensive things get. I don't use distributors in Finland, Sweden or Norway if I can find another place. Hjorth is a major distributor in Finland with exclusive distribution deals on many brands but holy poop are their prices horrible.
First you have to order €30 000 worth of a wide assortment of products from them to even get an account but on top of this their prices are higher than most online stores.
I asked for their prices for some pellets and they wanted €9 per tin, I could buy the exact same from a store in Czechia for €7 and that was just an online store without any discounts compared to Hjorth who's a distributor. Same goes for their prices on air rifles, wanted to order €6000 worth of Hatsan rifles from the factory in Turkey but then it turned out Hjorth was the exclusive distributor in Finland and they wanted close to €20 000 for the exact same order?! Like wtf?

TLDR: When it comes to AEA in Europe I think it has to do with Wolfiek but I have no way to be sure, I do know AEA has a 50 rifle minimum so maybe that has something to do with so few sellers in Europe but doesn't really make sense unless Wolfiek is the exclusive distributor as their demand is also a minimum of 50 rifles. If the exclusive distributor in the EU for AEA is Wolfiek and with their demand of 50 rifles this would mean most stores would be unable to offer AEA unless a store offered a b2b program where stores could order AEA rifles from them. Every middlehand usually adds 5-25% to the price so the more there are the higher the price gets.

So if a rifle costs $500 from the manufacturer with a MSRP of $1500, after having a whole bunch of rifles shipped with a container the cost per rifle might be $650, then the distributor adds their % to the cost so price might go up to $800. Then if I want to order the rifle it would be $800 plus shipping, import tax and then VAT added to the rifle. So once I have the rifle it might have cost me $1000 to get the rifle.
Next comes VAT, in Finland it's 24% which in this case means I could sell the rifle for $1210 + $290VAT = $1500 MSRP. So my profit would be $210 per rifle and then at the end of the tax season I have to pay corporate tax on all my profits. Not sure if I'm mixing up the words, should it be revenue before profit or other way around?

Then again there could be hundreds of sellers or even distributors but I simply haven't been able to find any other than pcphunters.com for AEA airguns.

Last edited:
It pays to shop about.

My RTI long range barrel cost 219 euro from Balistas, at the time the Spanish outfit was asking 579.
This was earlier this year.
Yep, that's their business model. Was Airgun Heaven and someone other than Balistas also selling the same barrel for less. Think someone here mentioned that they bought it.
Well it is what it is.

@MadCowCrazy: Dase in Finland has Edguns but usually empty shelves and stuff apparently only as order products.
When the gun laws were tightened again in Finland, I talked to a few shops and the airgun business is almost even better than PB's in some places. And there are few people in Finland and even fewer air gun enthusiasts if you don't count every can shooter in the cabin. ( not maliciously mentioned) You have a really tight spot to get your foot in between doors in that business. I wish you luck and success!
Business is tight and with the styles you mentioned, all the small entrepreneurs are eaten away and so it goes in many other things as well. And that's a shame but they don't want competitors and contracts are contracts and they have to abide by them or they get hurt.
I still hope you succeed, competition in the industry would be healthy and maybe change something..

Last edited:
As a person who just started selling airguns in Finland and have been trying to expand the brands I can offer I have a bit of insight.
The problem seems to be Wolfiek, I'm not sure but they seem to be a distributor as I have received completely different prices from Wolfiek compared to directly from the manufacturer. I'm not sure but they seem to be the exclusive distributors for Edgun, Huben and AEA in Europe as I have not found anyone else who distributes those airguns. Minimum order is 50 rifles so it's not possible for me to order that many as I don't have that kind of money.
I had €10 000 to start my store with and that's not enough to get 50 rifles of any brand.

You really have to shop around in Europe to find a good deal, some of the best places I've found is Krale and Balistas, they have a pretty wide range on offer as well.

As for AEA in Europe there doesn't seem to be many places that offer them, one place I've found with decent prices is pcphunters.com, I don't know if they themselves make the ARG slugs or if they have a factory make them for them but they distribute those as well.

When it comes to shopping in the EU the further north you go the more expensive things get. I don't use distributors in Finland, Sweden or Norway if I can find another place. Hjorth is a major distributor in Finland with exclusive distribution deals on many brands but holy poop are their prices horrible.
First you have to order €30 000 worth of a wide assortment of products from them to even get an account but on top of this their prices are higher than most online stores.
I asked for their prices for some pellets and they wanted €9 per tin, I could buy the exact same from a store in Czechia for €7 and that was just an online store without any discounts compared to Hjorth who's a distributor. Same goes for their prices on air rifles, wanted to order €6000 worth of Hatsan rifles from the factory in Turkey but then it turned out Hjorth was the exclusive distributor in Finland and they wanted close to €20 000 for the exact same order?! Like wtf?

TLDR: When it comes to AEA in Europe I think it has to do with Wolfiek but I have no way to be sure, I do know AEA has a 50 rifle minimum so maybe that has something to do with so few sellers in Europe but doesn't really make sense unless Wolfiek is the exclusive distributor as their demand is also a minimum of 50 rifles. If the exclusive distributor in the EU for AEA is Wolfiek and with their demand of 50 rifles this would mean most stores would be unable to offer AEA unless a store offered a b2b program where stores could order AEA rifles from them. Every middlehand usually adds 5-25% to the price so the more there are the higher the price gets.

So if a rifle costs $500 from the manufacturer with a MSRP of $1500, after having a whole bunch of rifles shipped with a container the cost per rifle might be $650, then the distributor adds their % to the cost so price might go up to $800. Then if I want to order the rifle it would be $800 plus shipping, import tax and then VAT added to the rifle. So once I have the rifle it might have cost me $1000 to get the rifle.
Next comes VAT, in Finland it's 24% which in this case means I could sell the rifle for $1210 + $290VAT = $1500 MSRP. So my profit would be $210 per rifle and then at the end of the tax season I have to pay corporate tax on all my profits. Not sure if I'm mixing up the words, should it be revenue before profit or other way around?

Then again there could be hundreds of sellers or even distributors but I simply haven't been able to find any other than pcphunters.com for AEA airguns.
Do Your shop have website and web shop?

Reactions: Spinach
Do Your shop have website and web shop?
Nope, not yet. Been trying to find a way to create a website but don't know how and I'd like to create it myself so I have better control over it.
Have been trying to find a program but couldn't find anything, just sites selling premade pages linked to their own subscription service.
I want to create and host the site myself but perhaps that is too ambitious in todays market?
Since I live on a small island word of mouth will inform people about my store in time, I don't have much to show yet and best I can do is order items for people and offer bonuses to people who buy.

Most manufacturers have a MSRP and some have requirements that you do not sell under certain prices. So I normally sell for MSRP but offer a 5-20% bonus depending on what is bought. This bonus can then be used on the next purchase to help pay for that purchase. So if you buy for €100 and the item gives you a 10% bonus then you will have €10 you can use for your next purchase.
This system also means customers want to come back to be to use their bonus.

I will also try to price match, I will match any online price if I'm able to do so. Do note that just because an item is €15 in Finland and €10 in Germany doesn't mean I will match the price, I will also take postage into account so after postage my price might be €14.50.

I believe I can offer the widest range of airguns compared to any store in Finland but my budget doesn't allow me to stock that much. So if someone contacts me about something they want I will see if I can get it for them. I most likely wont have it in stock, I don't know if I will stock many rifles but instead focus on the accessories and necessary things like ammo.

I'm also starting a youtube/social media channel called the Airguns Institute where I will be doing what I regard as "proper" reviews of airguns and airgun products. I'm hoping to upload my first videos next year, I currently have a Arken Zulus LRF scope that I have handed to a friend so he can record hunting videos for me. He has sent me 2 videos so far shooting 2 racoon dogs (yes, that's what they are called. Invasive pest animal that causes big problems for birds that are ground layers). The first rifle I would like to get my hands on is the Red Panda. My reviews will probably take a month or more to complete as I want to put a minimum of 10 000 rounds trough the rifle. This limits the rifles I will have time to review but once I get the process down and I can streamline the process I'm hoping to review 10-20 rifles per year which should cover most new rifles introduced to the market.

It's all work in progress but the foundation is there and I believe I can offer some of the best prices for airguns in Finland but delivery might be 1-2 months at the moment depending on what it is. Delivered a Skout Epoch just a few weeks ago, first on this island but I don't know if it was the first in Finland.

Reactions: Spinach and Loff
I just imported a few Zbroia's into Australia... You think you kids have it tough.
To get something into your hands here imported - you need to TRIPLE the initial cost.

Shipping is hugely expensive (we're kinda far), then you pay customs duties, then you pay tax on all of that combined.
Then it needs safety checks by customs, then it has to go to a dealer, then it has to get transferred to you... Took me a few months once mine arrived on a flight to get them in my hands.

Laws, regulations & tax are a killer.

For us a magazine is a "firearms component" & requires paperwork to import - same as a barrel, action etc...

I would imagine there is a huge amount of airguns sold in the US compared to any other country. And the laws almost non existant. Except a few states. Making them less expensive.
Of the scandinavian countries Norway is the best with no restrictions and Sweden is the worst with max 10 joules (7.5fpe) and 200 m/s (650fps) to be license free. Finland where I am is very good by EU standards, no restrictions at all but anything above .25 cal is called an "effective airgun" and requires a license.
The law in Finland is pretty stupid, to be allowed to sell an airgun of a caliber higher than .25 your store needs a firearms dealers license but at the same time no part of an airgun is covered by the law.

Here is a basic overview of how the law in Finland works for "effective airguns" if anymore cares.
Section 1 (7.6.2019/724)
Area of application
This law applies to firearms, weapon parts, cartridges, with the exception of loose cartridges, and particularly dangerous projectiles.

What is prescribed in this law about firearms also applies to robotic and rocket launch systems, gas sprays and effective air weapons. However, 2, 2 a, 3–6, 6 a, 7, 7 a, 8–10, 12, 15, 31–33, 35, 35 a, 36, 42, 42 a–42 d, 43 do not apply to gas sprays , 44, 44 a, 44 b, 45, 45 a–45 c, 45 e, 47–49, 53 a, 54, 55, 56–59 and 61–63 §, § 66 subsection 1 1 and 3, section 67 b, 68, 70–72, 74–77, 80–82, 89, 90 and 106, 106 a section 2 and 3 subsection or Sections 106 b, 110, 110 a–110 c, 112, 112 a and 112 b. On effective air weapons, 3–6, 6 a, 7, 7 a, 8–12, 31–33, 35, 35 a, 36, 45 e, 53 a, 55 a–55 c, 61–63, 67 b do not apply , §§ 72, 106 b, 110 or 110 a–110 c. Section 17 provides for other exceptions to the scope of application.

Section 3 (7.6.2019/724)
Weapon parts
Weapon part refers to a frame, upper and lower frame, box, barrel, jacket, cartridge drum, cartridge chamber, cylinder or another breech piece with frame, a breech head, a silencer and parts that functionally correspond to these.

12.6.2015/764:
This law enters into force on 1 December 2015.

Permits relating to firearms, weapon parts, cartridges and particularly dangerous projectiles, as well as prior consents, firearms licenses and approvals as a firearms collector in force at the time of entry into force of this Act shall remain in force with the applicable conditions.

Anyone who, when this law enters into force, engages in the business referred to in section 20 in the arms industry with effective air weapons must, within one year from the law's entry into force, obtain a business license in the arms industry that gives the right to conduct such activities. A permit is granted to an applicant who is entitled to engage in business, who appoints a responsible person referred to in section 26, who has a weapons handling permit in the cases referred to in section 20, subsection 3. and whose storage facilities for firearms have been approved by the police agency in the place where the storage facilities are located. An arms business person who, when this Act enters into force, has the right to engage in the business referred to in section 20 in the arms industry with firearms is entitled to engage in such business also with effective air weapons.

I don't have a firearms dealers license so I can't sell airguns above .25 cal but what the above laws mean is (unless I interpret it wrong):
1. I can sell any airgun up to .25 cal
2. I can sell barrels and barrel kits above .25 cal as that part of an airgun is regarded as nothing in Finnish law since section 3 is ignored for effective airguns.
3. I can sell an airgun above .25 cal if the barrel is not installed on the rifle. It's just airgun parts and not a functional rifle.

If I sell you a barrel above .25 caliber and you already have an airgun you can't just install it unless the airgun is already registered as an effective airgun. You have to apply for a modifications permit (€110) as you will be modifying a airgun into an effective airgun.
If you buy an airgun above .25 cal where the barrel is not installed from me you can't just install it. You first need to apply for a manufacturing permit (€110) as you would be creating an effective airgun.

Alternatively you can take the parts to a weapon smith and he can do the modification/manufacturing for you. In this case you have to apply for an effective airguns license (€110) as well as pay the weapon smith for his job. If you already own a firearms license you do not need to apply for a license to purchase and own an effective airgun, you just have to inform the police you have gotten it and on demand bring it to them for inspection.

You still have to apply for a manufacturing/modification permit if you intend to assemble it yourself though, but if the weapon smith does the work you just have to inform the police. One of my customers had this problem where he bought a barrel for the Impact M3 he bought from me, police wanted him to apply for a modifications permit but instead he went to a weapon smith who installed the .30 cal barrel and thus no longer needed to apply for a permit and just inform the police as he owns several firearms from before.

There is one problem though, once a rifle is an effective airgun it can never be transferred to someone else unless they go trough the transfer process for effective airguns, even if you swap to a lower cal barrel the rifle will still be registered as an effective airgun.

I have been told the airgun laws will be updated in 2024 to allow for regular hunting with airguns in Finland. Currently they can just be used for pest control with a permit, normally in areas where noise from a firearm would be too load to neighbors.

I use this site to see the laws in different countries: https://www.airgunbuyer.com/international-airgun-power-levels/

Reactions: Loff
Of the scandinavian countries Norway is the best with no restrictions and Sweden is the worst with max 10 joules (7.5fpe) and 200 m/s (650fps) to be license free. Finland where I am is very good by EU standards, no restrictions at all but anything above .25 cal is called an "effective airgun" and requires a license.
The law in Finland is pretty stupid, to be allowed to sell an airgun of a caliber higher than .25 your store needs a firearms dealers license but at the same time no part of an airgun is covered by the law.

Here is a basic overview of how the law in Finland works for "effective airguns" if anymore cares.
Section 1 (7.6.2019/724)
Area of application
This law applies to firearms, weapon parts, cartridges, with the exception of loose cartridges, and particularly dangerous projectiles.

What is prescribed in this law about firearms also applies to robotic and rocket launch systems, gas sprays and effective air weapons. However, 2, 2 a, 3–6, 6 a, 7, 7 a, 8–10, 12, 15, 31–33, 35, 35 a, 36, 42, 42 a–42 d, 43 do not apply to gas sprays , 44, 44 a, 44 b, 45, 45 a–45 c, 45 e, 47–49, 53 a, 54, 55, 56–59 and 61–63 §, § 66 subsection 1 1 and 3, section 67 b, 68, 70–72, 74–77, 80–82, 89, 90 and 106, 106 a section 2 and 3 subsection or Sections 106 b, 110, 110 a–110 c, 112, 112 a and 112 b. On effective air weapons, 3–6, 6 a, 7, 7 a, 8–12, 31–33, 35, 35 a, 36, 45 e, 53 a, 55 a–55 c, 61–63, 67 b do not apply , §§ 72, 106 b, 110 or 110 a–110 c. Section 17 provides for other exceptions to the scope of application.

Section 3 (7.6.2019/724)
Weapon parts
Weapon part refers to a frame, upper and lower frame, box, barrel, jacket, cartridge drum, cartridge chamber, cylinder or another breech piece with frame, a breech head, a silencer and parts that functionally correspond to these.

12.6.2015/764:
This law enters into force on 1 December 2015.

Permits relating to firearms, weapon parts, cartridges and particularly dangerous projectiles, as well as prior consents, firearms licenses and approvals as a firearms collector in force at the time of entry into force of this Act shall remain in force with the applicable conditions.

Anyone who, when this law enters into force, engages in the business referred to in section 20 in the arms industry with effective air weapons must, within one year from the law's entry into force, obtain a business license in the arms industry that gives the right to conduct such activities. A permit is granted to an applicant who is entitled to engage in business, who appoints a responsible person referred to in section 26, who has a weapons handling permit in the cases referred to in section 20, subsection 3. and whose storage facilities for firearms have been approved by the police agency in the place where the storage facilities are located. An arms business person who, when this Act enters into force, has the right to engage in the business referred to in section 20 in the arms industry with firearms is entitled to engage in such business also with effective air weapons.

I don't have a firearms dealers license so I can't sell airguns above .25 cal but what the above laws mean is (unless I interpret it wrong):
1. I can sell any airgun up to .25 cal
2. I can sell barrels and barrel kits above .25 cal as that part of an airgun is regarded as nothing in Finnish law since section 3 is ignored for effective airguns.
3. I can sell an airgun above .25 cal if the barrel is not installed on the rifle. It's just airgun parts and not a functional rifle.

If I sell you a barrel above .25 caliber and you already have an airgun you can't just install it unless the airgun is already registered as an effective airgun. You have to apply for a modifications permit (€110) as you will be modifying a airgun into an effective airgun.
If you buy an airgun above .25 cal where the barrel is not installed from me you can't just install it. You first need to apply for a manufacturing permit (€110) as you would be creating an effective airgun.

Alternatively you can take the parts to a weapon smith and he can do the modification/manufacturing for you. In this case you have to apply for an effective airguns license (€110) as well as pay the weapon smith for his job. If you already own a firearms license you do not need to apply for a license to purchase and own an effective airgun, you just have to inform the police you have gotten it and on demand bring it to them for inspection.

You still have to apply for a manufacturing/modification permit if you intend to assemble it yourself though, but if the weapon smith does the work you just have to inform the police. One of my customers had this problem where he bought a barrel for the Impact M3 he bought from me, police wanted him to apply for a modifications permit but instead he went to a weapon smith who installed the .30 cal barrel and thus no longer needed to apply for a permit and just inform the police as he owns several firearms from before.

There is one problem though, once a rifle is an effective airgun it can never be transferred to someone else unless they go trough the transfer process for effective airguns, even if you swap to a lower cal barrel the rifle will still be registered as an effective airgun.

I have been told the airgun laws will be updated in 2024 to allow for regular hunting with airguns in Finland. Currently they can just be used for pest control with a permit, normally in areas where noise from a firearm would be too load to neighbors.

I use this site to see the laws in different countries: https://www.airgunbuyer.com/international-airgun-power-levels/
As an Estonian, I verify that here are no restrictions in .177 cal. But everything bigger needs FAC. As here hunting with airguns is forbidden, therefore airguns are not popular at all in Estonia. Only Field Target shooting is somewhat popular. Other airguns are mostly considered as toys. BUT all who think like that are those who have been shooting brake barrel springer in childhood.

Any source or information about allowing hunting with air guns in Finland? Because the lead ban already complicates hunting with PB and brought new restrictions. I mean the Ramsar definition etc.

Any source or information about allowing hunting with air guns in Finland? Because the lead ban already complicates hunting with PB and brought new restrictions. I mean the Ramsar definition etc.
Not really any good source, just what the people at the local gun range have said. Somebody knows someone who knows someone who works in the government who has seen some drafts of the new laws. The island I'm on is part of Finland but we have our own legislate branch for our own laws. Most laws are the exact same as in mainland Finland but things that are more important to us we legislate ourselves.

There were talks about the lead ban at the range long before it became law and the latest was that the airgun laws would be updated in 2024 to allow hunting with them. If it will actually become true or not I have no idea, it might have just been a proposed bill that they will investigate and make a decision on be it to allow it or deny it.

Reactions: coffeepan

Shootingshop dot nl is the importer/distributor/seller of AEA in the Netherlands. They have no link with Wolfiek.
Contact them and i'm sure he can order an extra bunch for your shop if you can arrange the transport from Netherlands to Finland. It will be cheaper for him also i guess, because he can order a larger amount at the factory.

It's a legit shop, also sells firearms.

Reactions: MadCowCrazy2
It seems to me that comparing prices from one country to the next is a bit pointless.
I may pay more for an airgun but less on groceries. More on fuel less on medication. I may earn less but have more vacations. Also prices in some countries include taxes, in others the tax is added at the till.
Its not even possible to use disposable income in any comparison if you have no time to spend your money or have time to appreciate it.

In every country I have visited, some items I think “wow, that’s cheap” others *wow, that’s expensive”

Bb

I've been in the industry for about 6 months & displayed at the british shooting show & also IWA - so can speak a little to pricing.

Its an awful industry to be in - absolute scoundrels everywhere to say the least. Intellectual property theft is RIFE, barely anyone wants to work "with" you & people are just looking to make money from you. Also very little customer focus in the industry as a whole.

Speaking with resellers/shops etc - "I wont do anything for less than 100% markup" was heard a couple of times.