price of airguns going up because of coronavirus ?

They where going up before C19, lead (in part) by the announced price of the Delta and leshly2, RTI and Zbroia put 25% on their new top models over their old top model, other would/will follow, question is will we buy it.

Probably.

Not I...having air guns that are less complex than their counterparts (firearms) yet more expensive makes absolutely zero sense, its a cash grab for people who want the latest and greatest..higher end pcp's is truly a small club and if you don't have deep pockets, you ain't in it. So there is little to no incentive for a 'high end pcp maker' to make reasonably priced or 'budget' pcp's when this club is so small, even though all the parts in a pcp rifle are quite basic and inexpensive...I'll give Edgun the least poop out of the few you listed as I feel he goes a bit above and beyond with his guns from machine work, to stock work, to customer service, he's a stand up producer of high end pcp's that aren't over-reaching being that his models are similarly priced yet offer so much more then most competition. Just my 2c!

in Russia leshiy 2 costs 1200$

If the leshiy 2 is semi auto only (like many current semi-auto pcp varieties) and not select fire (semi / single shot) then its just another mis-step in introducing semi auto into pcp's... just my 2c. I hope its select fire at its current price, I haven't heard enough info about it to know either way.

in Russia leshiy 2 costs 1200$

If the leshiy 2 is semi auto only (like many current semi-auto pcp varieties) and not select fire (semi / single shot) then its just another mis-step in introducing semi auto into pcp's... just my 2c. I hope its select fire at its current price, I haven't heard enough info about it to know either way.

This makes no sense at all. Select fire means semi/auto - and that's what most semi airguns have right now. Never heard of semi/not-semi? The Leshiy 2 is hopefully a step in the RIGHT direction for semi PCPs. Removable magazine - one of the most dangerous and annoying features the Huben and LCS lack. I'd like to hear your reasoning behind this mis-step as my 2c disagrees with your 2c.

-------

To the point of this post I am sure there will be a breaking point, whether or not COVID applies to the situation. Make everything to expensive and less people will buy. Then store will have to sell at discounts to get the product to move. I don't have enough industry knowledge to know if the raw components to make the airguns are going up in cost or are harder to obtain, but it would make sense as many industries are running at well under 100%.

I was set to buy a Leshiy 2 until he raised the price. Now I wouldn't even consider it, I felt $2,100 was steep. Im my opinion they are just price gouging now. I guess if they do begin raising the prices we shall see what the ceiling is for these guns. Let hope calmer minds prevail!

I did a 100%prepay from the European distributor. If they try to raise the price, I will request a refund.

They where going up before C19, lead (in part) by the announced price of the Delta and leshly2, RTI and Zbroia put 25% on their new top models over their old top model, other would/will follow, question is will we buy it.

Probably.

Not I...having air guns that are less complex than their counterparts (firearms) yet more expensive makes absolutely zero sense, its a cash grab for people who want the latest and greatest..higher end pcp's is truly a small club and if you don't have deep pockets, you ain't in it. So there is little to no incentive for a 'high end pcp maker' to make reasonably priced or 'budget' pcp's when this club is so small, even though all the parts in a pcp rifle are quite basic and inexpensive...I'll give Edgun the least poop out of the few you listed as I feel he goes a bit above and beyond with his guns from machine work, to stock work, to customer service, he's a stand up producer of high end pcp's that aren't over-reaching being that his models are similarly priced yet offer so much more then most competition. Just my 2c!

The only mistake Ed made was going with the when, not if, sure to fail EDMU with what seems like a 90%+ failure rate, and sticking with it so long. What good is an electronic gauge that costs 10-12% of the whole gun or a gun you can run over with a truck, but can’t put air in? He (and other manufacturers ought to put Huma regs in their guns too). To add insult to injury, you are on a carousel of replacing one faulty EDMU with another until you get fed up and pay $38 more for a Wika.

Almost a year ago, I put up a post why I bought a Leshiy. I still feel the same. It’s the only Edgun that is unique and has no competition. The Lelya and Matador are good guns (other than the loud TINK sound tha goes through your skull like an icepick, but there a lot of oher great bullpups (Kalibergun, Taipan to name a couple) and long range powerhouses (Impact, and Air Arms to name a couple). I’ll add my 2c.

I cannot speak for the other importers however I can give all a inside peak at why some guns are going up in price. The shipping cost have gone through the roof. On one of our products for example shipping alone has jumped from 200.00 Usd per unit to 500.00 usd per unit. Also the wait times to get a flight border on ridiculous. Remember no passenger international flights are moving to speak of, this increase in time also adds cost. We have eaten most of the cost increases except where we already needed to adjust. We value each customer and appreciate your support. Please be patient as delays may become the norm instead of the exception. 

Rob