• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Price Gouging

So….a 70k order raised no flags? After said order, Crosman discontinued the discount for everyone…..I ain’t buying it.

Lol…I hear ya…last couple times I went on their site, didn’t seem like they even had 70k worth of s&#t “in stock” to sell🙄

Maybe now we know why they never have anything in stock...

There are always going to be those people. No matter what hobby or anything you are into there are people that will take advantage of others.

I have plenty of pellets, but I am also buying for a few guys that don't have time to search as much as they want. So if I find some in stock, and they are what they need I will buy, or buy to add to my stash. I have quite a few now for testing and shooting with my son, so probably wont be buying much more for a while.

As far as crossman using that $70k as an excuse seems odd to me. Sounds more like they were tired of loosing money from offering the discount, and needed an excuse to end the program. It sounds better to say "we as shooters" ruined the discount, rather than " we want to make more money off of you".... which sounds better from a marketing stand point?

I have asked a few different places and they will typically look carefully at orders that are a few hundred worth of pellets. You need to figure that many of the people that have ordered from these places will use the same e-mail or be recognizable to the companies. So if a massive wave of 1st time buyers show up and spend $900 on just pellets.... that seems odd and will be looked into. But in the end this is the free market and things will come around. Just stay observant and buy when you see them. Most of these people that are trying to horde pellets and resell them will end up having a ton of lead that is worthless at the end of the day. So don't worry about it, as they will get theirs.

Crosman seemed to have made some accommodations to airgun dealers in the past by not listing new products on their own site with the 25% discount until the dealers sold out or had the new product for a while. Fair enough. But I wonder if Crosman received any pressure for stopping the 25% discount from airgun dealers who were selling the same product for a 10% discount only? 

As far as the LLC in Wyoming that took advantage (as noted here) of the discount setup for hobbyists to make a quick buck on our backs: hopefully you do not get any business from anyone here and your selfish and petty greed will catch up with you...even if you are sneaking around this forum. 

WN0912

I'm with you on feeling jealous of those who've stockpiled enough pellets to last not only their lifetime, but that of future generations, as well. They were involved in this hobby long before me, saw the handwriting on the wall, and stocked up. I don't blame them, just admire their forward thinking and planning. That brings us to today. I've been in PCPs less than 5 months and have purchased some nice guns. Unfortunately, the ammo shortage has sharply curtailed much shooting. I realize this will eventually work itself out and pellets will again be plentiful and reasonably priced, however, until that time I'd like to respectfully ask those with huge stockpiles of ammo to refrain from purchasing more so us members, newer to the hobby, can have a chance to purchase something. I apologize if I'm asking too much, but I think this kindness would mean a lot.

WM

So I started the topic asking where the Crosman discount code had gone to. The explanation from Crosman is that someone bought almost $70,000 worth of products with the discount code, and then resold it all for a profit.

Not that that it matters, but by chance did Crosman make mention as to what product was purchased mostly for that $70K?