• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Pretty preturbed with Utah Airguns..

Yesterday, I came across a used FX Crown in .22 on the Utah Airguns website listed for $1,100. It came with an Athlon Talos scope. In the description it listed to airgun rating as B quality. I called to inquire. I was told the B rating just meant that it was used, so I was ecstatic to buy my dad his first air rifle for his 70th. My paycheck didn't hit until midnight last night so I waited until this morning. Before I went to work, I logged on only to find they changed the rifle from Used to a Pre-built Bundle and jacked the price to $1,784.99. I not only feel a a bit slighted by the price increase after I called, but I'm also incredibly disappointed they would relabel a used air rifle to "Pre-built Bundle". I've provided the link for reference below.

Sorry to hear. Have you tried to talk to them and plead your case? Has anything else changed? Is it the same actual gun? Was it a mistake on their part at the cheaper price? Just seeking clarity.
I worked late last night, but intend on calling today. Its the same rifle. I posted the link above. I'm a little upset about missing a deal, but I'm more disappointed about the misrepresentation.

I understand why you are feeling out off but consider this. After speaking with them and not purchasing they might have figured it’s been hard for them to sell that particular gun and maybe it would selll better as a scooped package.
Edit: I misread that it had already come with a scope. Hard to say why price changed. But still worth a phone call.

Give them a call and ask if it is possible to buy just the rifle as you spoke about. But take a deep breath and don’t call angry. They are a good group of guys over at Utah Air and will likely honor your conversation and the price.

I understand why you are feeling out off but consider this. After speaking with them and not purchasing they might have figured it’s been hard for them to sell that particular gun and maybe it would selll better as a scooped package.
Edit: I misread that it had already come with a scope. Hard to say why price changed. But still worth a phone call.

Give them a call and ask if it is possible to buy just the rifle as you spoke about. But take a deep breath and don’t call angry. They are a good group of guys over at Utah Air and will likely honor your conversation and the price.
Thanks for the wise advice. I'd like to think there was a mistake, but the timing between the Monday evening call and the Tuesday morning price jump made me a little sceptical. I'll drop them a line during lunch today and follow-up here tonight. Thanks again ctshooter for the input and guidance.

Either way, we'll figure out what's going on. I found the web address in my history (below) and below that is the updated page from after my call. You can probably check the website cache to verify.

Judging by the cached result of the original "used" package it appears as though someone thought the gun was a MK1, and not a MK2. The original just listed it as a FX CROWN VP 22 and there was no picture on the ad. Not an excuse, but my guess is that after your inquiry someone realized that it in fact was a MK2 and adjusted the ad to reflect this.

FX

FX Crown VP .22 w/Athlon Talos 4-16x40 | USED Package

$1,149.99

Update: I spoke with Utah Airguns. Very friendly and took time to explain what happened. The rifle that was listed Monday night was sold. The Pre-built Bundle listed on Tuesday morning was a brand new Crown and scope. It seems the timing was just coincidence.

That being said, I'm still pretty sceptical of it being "coincidence" the timing just a little too perfect. Especially since the Pre-built Bundle was something that wasn't an option before. I think I'll just avoid their website for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I have had great dealings with Utah Airguns, and was glad to hear the explanation. Good luck finding your FX Crown. I purchased a Crown Mk2 VP .177 from Utah Airguns a few months ago ($1,299 refurb), and it is shooting superbly for me. I believe they still have some.
I just received a new .177 500mm barrel for my Crown MK2. Haven't even installed it yet. I would love to hear a little bit about the tune and ammo that is shooting so well for you. Thanks,
Kenny

Kenny: I also have the 500mm barrel. Mine is shooting the JSB 13.43 MRDs really well at 800fps. Transfer port is on the slug setting, Reg at 105bar. I tried them faster, around 850fps, but the accuracy is better at 800fps.
That's strange. I shot my 500mm impact at 905 fps with those pellets n it stacked them