• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prettiest woods gun? (warning bullpup)

I like bullpups. 👍🏼 Such a great concept!

However, I wish bullpup engineers and designers would be consistent and follow the bullpup concept.

🔸And the bullpup concept has been from the beginning:

Make the gun as short as possible —

with the barrel as long as possible —

so that at full fire power (full length barrel) you get maximum manuverability and packability.

🔸Now, I see bullpups that do this so well.

And I see bullpups that add length where it is not needed: At the buttstock! These designers, instead of moving the trigger a bit more forward, add buttstock, cheek pieces, and other parts behind the action. 😧🙄

This unnecessarily bloats the stock — so those bullpups have bloat stocks.

Plain and simple. And unnecessary.

Below is a photo classification of bullpups into bloat stocks and efficient stocks I made a couple of years ago when I realized this for the first time. 😄 

Matthias

BULLPUPS.  Bloat Stocks. 06. LoRes 1.1Mb.1630985914.jpg

I always find the nice wood looks best on long guns. Probably a bit of conditioning from the firearm world, you never see stuff like AUG and Tavors in wood.

Me too but I don't think it is conditioning. The bullpups first off have very little wood and the only large area to display the wood is always chopped out. The stock lines no sooner get going and they are cut off. Bullpups are simply not designed to show off a wood stock. They are a purpose gun. Kind of like trying to gussy up a submachine gun. 

Yep, the Edgun RM5 has by miles the best stock design !!!

Ahh...get me a bucket quick, I need to....

I just got done modifying a Matador stock for my Lelya. Will post pictures maybe tomorrow.

But for now, here's the original Lelya stock with some changes.

Edgun, Lelya 2, .22.1636354474.JPG

Mike

P.S. - Yeah, the stock on the Empire - Empire X is very nice.

Holy cow, what a hack job !!!!!!

Yep, the Edgun RM5 has by miles the best stock design !!!

Ahh...get me a bucket quick, I need to....

I just got done modifying a Matador stock for my Lelya. Will post pictures maybe tomorrow.

But for now, here's the original Lelya stock with some changes.

Mike

P.S. - Yeah, the stock on the Empire - Empire X is very nice.

Holy cow, what a hack job !!!!!!

I bet you get invited to all the parties.

I'm reminded of when I decided a 5 1/2 lb 28 ga shotgun was the perfect walking bird gun. Light, short, easy to carry and fast handling, what more could I want? Just one thing, a shotgun I could shoot! After missing some easy shots, and having to look my dog in the eyes while she showed her disgust, that little gun was retired. I'm afraid I might have a similar problem with these short pups. But that's my deficiency, and I'm sure it's a great platform for better shooters.

I'm reminded of when I decided a 5 1/2 lb 28 ga shotgun was the perfect walking bird gun. Light, short, easy to carry and fast handling, what more could I want? Just one thing, a shotgun I could shoot! After missing some easy shots, and having to look my dog in the eyes while she showed her disgust, that little gun was retired. I'm afraid I might have a similar problem with these short pups. But that's my deficiency, and I'm sure it's a great platform for better shooters.

I couldn't shoot that shotgun but I am a terrible off-hand shot :)

I need trees, barns, bipods and tripods... leaners.

its in the eye of the beholder .. everyone is on the 'tactical look' these days, its what you see the swat guys use on tv all the time in tight urban combat settings though .. so a woods gun, guess if you love it anything can be .. a long gun points better out in the open is what i think ... back behind the garage and shed where things are tight and your sneakin up on a big rabbit yeah, bullpup territory ...