N/A Pressure Gauges

Is it safely possible to "straighten" up pressure gauges ? Crooked bothers me. Lol

Yes, get or make delrin washers of different thicknesses, you can clock the gauge to your desire. You can "crush-in" a washer perhaps a 1/4 turn or less but any extra pressure will close up the air hole so go light!

Apply just enough torque to seal the gauge, no more.

I used a 15/16" wrench to tighten the gauges but switched to a dedicated gauge tool, it does not mark up the gauge body.

You can also sand down the thickness of a thick delrin/nylon washer to clock the gauge but remember to fully clean any swarf off of it before using.

For gauges that seal to the bottom of a counterbored threaded hole, a common O-ring or an X-ring works fine, and provides some latitude to clock the dial to a preferred orientation. A couple of prior discussions on the topic:

Reactions: HogKiller
For gauges that seal to the bottom of a counterbored threaded hole, a common O-ring or an X-ring works fine, and provides some latitude to clock the dial to a preferred orientation. A couple of prior discussions on the topic:

I found that the Quad rings that I use for the Crosman blow off valve’s work great. Since I have 50 of them, I wasn’t afraid to try 👍

Reactions: HogKiller