• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Pressure gauges leaking

I have five pcp rifles and a pistol. Every time one develops a leak it’s always the gauge leaking air thru the middle .Not from the threads. Every time I hear of gauges failing it seems like they no longer read accurately. Mine still seem to show the pressure accurately but leak air. I usually replace them with gauges from McMaster Carr but had two of those leak as well. Is anyone else replacing gauges because they leak internally or am I just having bad luck. I think I’ve gone thru five or six gauges already. Also any other sources for replacement gauges in the same price range as McMaster Carr.

I've not had any gauges fail (leak) internally, and I haven't purchased anything from McMaster Carr for years, but I don't recall them being all that 'inexpensive.'

But if they are, maybe you are dealing with a 'you get what you pay for' scenario?

When I have had to replace a gauge for some reason, I have generally gone with a replacement from Huma as I appreciate the quality of their products. I think that the $25 I recently paid for one through Utah Airguns (or $24 through Trenier) is a reasonable price to pay for a quality gauge.

I have a Leshiy that had a Huma gauge on it. My gun started leaking from the gauge area. I noticed the gauge face clear plastic slightly popped out on one side and I could feel a slight stream of air. It was leaking internally somewhere. I replaced with a Wika gauge, all is good now. I've owned probably 15+ pcps over the last 20 years, this is the first time a gauge has leaked on any of my guns.