Preset power setting for FX Impact and Crown

Hello Everyone,

I shoot two fx streamlines, .22 and .25 with huma regs and power plenums. The 25 at 110bar shoots hades at 930fps for outside pigeon shooting. The .22 at 110bar shoots hades at high power 930fps and middle power 710fps. I mainly use the middle power for indoor barn pigeon shooting.

I have grown to love the transfer port power wheel. Very quick and easy to have preset speeds that are very reliable and stable. However because i only shoot pellets I'm pushed around a lot by wind and have trouble with consistency after 75 yards. 

Ideally want a 22 that shoot hades at 700fps, 900fps and hybrid slugs at 950fps- All with simple stability of turning a power wheel.

I'm considering an M3. I love the bullpup design. However it does not have a transfer port power wheel. The Crown does have a power wheel but not so keen on the length and traditional style of the rifle. I'm in Canada and fx mavericks are illegal because of a design feature.

Question: Can you quickly change the Impact power to three levels with stability/consistency of transfer port power wheel? - .22 hades at 700fps, 900fps and hybrid slugs at 950fps?

Best Regards

Kerry

If you like the tunability of the FX Streamline -- a transfer port dial with 3 settings -- you will be floored by the tuning capabilities and versatility of the FX M3. The velocity/power range of the M3 unrivaled in airguns -- maybe the Daystate Delta Wolf comes close. 

From the FX airguns website: 

"One of the most substantial upgrades to the Impact M3 is the user interface to the rifle: The Quick Tune System. This essentially tool-free system encompasses everything a shooter could use to fine tune their rifle’s accuracy, allowing unlimited possibilities. Adjust the air pressure the rifle is using via the dual regulators, how long the valve stays open with the front valve adjuster, and now adjust the strength of the hammer with the completely redesigned micro and macro power adjustments. The Rear Macro Power Wheel is a 16-step power wheel that adjusts the strength of the hammer in increments of 5-15 FPS (depending on caliber and reg pressure). This works in conjunction with the Micro Fine Adjustment. This tunes the hammer strength in incredibly small increments of just 1-2 fps with each click of the barrel roller, all at your fingertips. The combination of these is unrivaled in the airgun world!".

That may seem to some to be manufacturer hype, but I submit that the FX M3 lives up to the hype.

I've been shooting a Mk2 Impact for a couple years and have two relatively new Mk3s. I won't say what you're after is not possible but you might tear your hair out trying to achieve it. My experience with the Mk2 .22/700mm, JSB 18gr pellets and FX hybrid slugs 22gr as an example. Whenever I achieved over 900fps with the hybrids at max power wheel the pellets always went over 1000fps on minimum power wheel. I think getting a 700fps to 950fps spread with a simple, repeatable, turn of the power wheel is not likely. The power wheel on the Mk3 has more steps but covers a similar range of hammer tension as the Mk2. With the right weight combination of pellets and slugs it might be doable but I think the pellets are gonna have to be equal or heavier than the hybrids.

Reactions: BlackbirdPS

Question: Can you quickly change the Impact power to three levels with stability/consistency of transfer port power wheel? - .22 hades at 700fps, 900fps and hybrid slugs at 950fps?

Best Regards

Kerry

Hi

The M3 has no transfer port adjustment but you do have 16 easy hammer spring adjustments.

FX10310 web 1.1650530715.png
Regards

Enkey 

Thank you all for your comments.

Most of my shooting is contract pigeon control in 1) warehouses and 2) outside grain terminals. As mentioned I have the two guns preset for each application. So idea was to reduce to one gun- an Impact 22, and easily adjust it to shoot at 3 power settings.

• hades at 700fps for inside
  • hades at 900 and hybrid slugs (for better wind performance) at 950fps for outside

Make these power changes quickly and adjust scope POI according to notation and not re-sighting at range.

Personally I think the Impact would be greatly improved with a transfer port power wheel. IMHO the power wheel with 3 different orifices is more stable than hammer spring tension. Certainly fine tune after, but the power wheel is so easy and stable for big changes in power.