• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Prep for tomorrow nights farm rat hunt

This is the first time I've shot using night scope and I wanted to shoot at night before heading to the farm tomorrow night 🌙

It's a compact impact mk2 .177

I think my focus might have been a little off but I shot these just now in dark

35 yards

Two 5 shot groups shooting jsb .177 13.43 at 905 fps

The rats are going to hell tomorrow night

20220722_204944.jpg

20220722_204957.jpg

20220722_204952.jpg

I bet those rats are dying to meet your Impact... Looks like they are in for big trouble. Good luck tomorrow night, to the rats that is, they're going to need it... Looking forward to your ratting report.
Thank you sir!

Based on what I saw during the day scoping out the property I think I can put 50 in a bucket. A brewery just recently opened up on the next property down from the farm and he said since then it's been hell.

I will take the rifle out during the day to check to see if zero is off but I will have pics Sunday, video unfortunately won't be till Monday when I'm at work and have access to a computer.

The sightmark cannot upload via BT

Nice setup. I shoot the heck out of the rats here in CT also. My friends farm in Oxford is loaded with them. I love shooting/ killing these things. 2-3 times a week I’m there. Was wondering what night scope you are using. I’m using a PARD NV008P LRF night scope on my .22 Delta Wolf. Shooting 15.89 gr. Hades and the JSB 25.39 Redesigned’s. Again, nice setup.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I’ve got dozens of good videos of kills recorded through my scope and saved on my phones files. Just don’t know how to post the video here.
Probably the best thing to do is find an editing program you can use to trim down the clips and then save them in MP4 file and upload to YouTube. Can mark them private or unlisted..then just copy the link and post. I believe when you start a new thread on this forum you can attach files and upload those clips directly. I have not tried that but it should work.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
The action you're describing is intense... Good for you, eff the rats... Mow them down.
I really need another shooter with me and I have one coming next time. I was just pushing them from one side of the barns to the other.

Under the turkey hut I dropped many, then they started eating the dead....

Property owner was thoroughly impressed

Nicely done... any guesses on final count for the night?

He collected 37 rats this morning , collection was on him.

The youtubers only ever show the instant stiff roll over kills I feel. After seeing what I shot and where I shot them , that's a conclusion I will stick with. I mad a few neck shots that ran , jumped, sprinted , and kivered 10 feet from where I shot them. I took 6 or 7 that were the size of small rabbits that squeeled louder than some larger animals I've heard.

The three of us that were there were pretty confident that the 47 shot, are 47 dead.

My buddy Matt spotted for me with my atn binos while the property owner pointed out other hot spots for us.

Two shooters would have been ideal as all we did was push them from one side of the buildings to the other , I am confident that we could have piled up 70 - 75 had we had someone on the other side of the buildings.

I even let the property owner take a few rats with the setup, he could not believe how precise and surgical the whole event was.