• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Preferred classic rifle!!

Asking for a family member who asked me to suggest a classic PCP in .22. I am pretty confident in the below 2. Curious if the forum would recommend one over the other or another... Primary use is plinking and fun. The occasional use will be small game. What do you guys have to say? AA S510 Carbine or Daystate Revere... or ?..

92BFF111-0EAC-45FF-B3EE-A43EB3FDC512.1608605901.jpeg
09876D74-5046-4F82-A65C-8AE60BEE05C6.1608605901.jpeg

Both choices are excellent rifles - Very well made and accurate as heck.

Do look at the different models of the S510 as their air cylinder capacities vary by model. Also, assuming that you are looking at a regulated S510? That is what I would recommend.

I do prefer the 'biathlon style' handle on the Revere's side lever. But I think that I slightly prefer the AA's magazine over the Daystate one (although that preference is reduced with Daystate's new hinged cover magazines). Spare AA mags are much less expensive (half the price?). Much prefer Daystate's bayonet fill probe over the twist-on 'T' style AA fill adapter. IIRC Best Fittings UK has the kit which installs a male Foster fitting to AA rifles.

I have had more AA rifles which were pellet fussy than Daystates (actually none with Daystates).

Also don't most of the AA 510's terminate in female threads, whereas the Daystates terminate in the more standard 1/2x20 male threads, for directly fitting a DonnyFl, 0db, etc. silencer without the need for an adapter?

Good luck and have fun!

I really like my Huntsman Regal even though it's not regulated. It's been super reliable and consistent for the past 3 years. I did have a leak on mine but it was a simple fix changing out one of the air cylinder o-rings. I just ran it over the chrony about a week ago and the shot string is pretty much the same since the last 3 years that I purchased it. I wouldn't mind picking up a Revere though for the side lever. If the Revere's action could fit the Regal non-regulated action, I'd be a happy camper. 

FX Dreamline Classic walnut. Competitively priced, phenomenal trigger. externally adjustable regulator,easily adj hammer spring, 3 power settings, trim and light, and very accurate. upgrades available as well as converting to other styles or changing barrels,calibers, from shooting pellets to shooting slugs. No ?s asked warranty that I'm aware of. Customer support here in the US of A.

...still kicking self for not scoring used unregulated AA 510 carbine with walnut from Baker a while back...ended up with a Cayden and $350...

...got spooked by discovering it had no regulator, reconsidered, changed mind, but it never came back on the market...

...pretty ironic considering the Cayden is unregulated...

...I selected the Cayden because it feels and looks like a classic rifle...

...is the Puncher a classic...???...

Another option:

wei-hw100t177bm.1608615866.jpg

Weihrauch, German engineering and reliability. Plus, the magazine sits low, allowing better scope to barrel line-of-sight. Not to mention the renowned Weihrauch moderator for silent shooting. Also, regulated.

Never had a Weihrauch that wasn't a laser and always performed flawlessly.

I borrowed a HW110 from AOA to shoot birds a the daries. One of the quietest and most accurate airguns I ever shot.

The HW100 gets my vote. Can get the rifle and a decent scope for the same price as the other two mentioned. Unless you’re looking at making over 30FPE if so none of these would be the right choice due to the small cylinders or being inefficient. There’s always the Evanix rainstorm II , one of the easiest guns to maintain that I’ve ever worked on and big power capable .