• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Predator Metal Mags

Yes, both the Polys and the Metal mags are just a touch to long for the mags. they are so close that I'm going to test a few single loaded then a few that I sand off a little of the tip to see if changing the tips slightly will affect accuracy, it's such a tiny bit that doesn't fit I'm pretty sure it won't have much of an effect on how they shoot. I'll keep you posted!

"ezerhoden14"Yes, both the Polys and the Metal mags are just a touch to long for the mags. they are so close that I'm going to test a few single loaded then a few that I sand off a little of the tip to see if changing the tips slightly will affect accuracy, it's such a tiny bit that doesn't fit I'm pretty sure it won't have much of an effect on how they shoot. I'll keep you posted!
I want to hear your thoughts on these too. I have a Hatsan .22cal, Mod 95 coming and would like to see how they perform.

wll

"wll"
"ezerhoden14"Yes, both the Polys and the Metal mags are just a touch to long for the mags. they are so close that I'm going to test a few single loaded then a few that I sand off a little of the tip to see if changing the tips slightly will affect accuracy, it's such a tiny bit that doesn't fit I'm pretty sure it won't have much of an effect on how they shoot. I'll keep you posted!
I want to hear your thoughts on these too. I have a Hatsan .22cal, Mod 95 coming and would like to see how they perform.

wll

I have the Hatsan .25 cal Vortex. It loves the Polymags.

Polymags now come in shorter versions in .177 and .22 for magazine clearance. Very accurate from my rifles.
The Metalmags are also match accurate from my BSA .22 and RAW TM 1000 BR rifle in .177 but I'm biased as it was me who encouraged Richard Dixon (Pred Int.) to have JSB make them :) . My reasoning was to get a tad more weight in the head using the metal . ... Regards, Harry.

"blackdiesel"Do Predator International makes metalmags in 25 cal? None of the retailers seem to have them. I would think since 25 cal is pretty popular hunting pellet they would offer it in this version.
No. Nor have I lobbied for a .25 version; the plastic tipped .25 have been exceptional from my FX Elite and BSA Hornet .25.
But as you have suggested, there may be a market there. I will check out the possibilities shortly. ... Kind regards, Harry.

"glengiles"Do the shorts group better or worse than the regular PolyMags in .22? Has anyone compared? I know Harry has shot them but which is working better for you Harry?
If pressed I would say the shorts may be fractionally better but because of the differences in other peoples rifles I would not like to influence others on that basis.
Being shorter they may fit some magazines better. 
Kind regards, Harry.

I'd be using a break barrel so length isn't the issue. Just wondering if one is more accurate than the other. They weigh the same and I, not being an aerodynamics engineer, could see an argument both ways. Short flies better in wind because it has a smaller profile to get pushed around. Regular flies better w/o wind because it's longer less likely to tumble.