Predator gun?

I hear that, funny how stuff like that always happens at the worse times. The ,50 puts out more ft/lbs because it shoots a heavier slug. Velocity will be lower however and effective range will require more hold over. For coyotes the .357 is the way to go. If you send the gun off to Will he can make it a 200+ ft/lb gun. You can shoot 140 grain bullets with good velocity for 100+ yard shots. 
The single tube senaca guns can be tuned for more ft/lbs of energy than the double tube in the same caliber. They are light and make for a good carry/hunting companion. 
In stock form they will reach out to a hundred yards using 105 grain cast bullets. 
You can expect 4 to 5 good shots on high power and double that on low power or half cock. They also make a ,45 caliber single tube that after tuning makes over 300ft/lbs. Many hunters use the single tube ,45 And ,357 for hunting. Either is good for deer, pigs and coyotes. 

I guess it depends on your “hunting” circumstance. I have a .25cal AirForce Escape. I have some land and some animals. Coyotes are around all the time, I do intend to try and bag one. But by that I mean pretty close range, of not trapped. I have don’t really doubt my ability to shoot the thing in a good spot. But in my experience, coyote being an energetic animal, I would second the .30 or .357 option. Thats a very specific premise, so I think you’d be happier with larger. If it was gonna be 
more of an “all around” target small game gun and the “once in a blue moon well timed coyote in the barn/chicken coop” then id say .25. 

I think the big bore is going to be the answer. There is a chance of running into a couger/Mt.lion and having a big bore would be nice. When I lived in an old farm house I would get visit from coyotes, but as soon as they seen me or the dogs they would sprint. I had a couger come visit on moonless nights. The first time I think it fallowed me to the house when coming back from a hike with my pup. I kept hearing what i thought was a dirt bike ,but randomly like some one trying to tune an idle.Later that night let the pup out and heard him going nuts. Went out and a seen the cat I ran straight at it yelling at my dog to come to me. I'm glad he didn't the cat would got him. I guess me yelling and screaming scared it off. A month later it came back on that moonless night. Came out from the woodpile after the dog again. I chased with the 410 and friend with 12ga. I started hearing that dirt bike again. We eventually cornered it in the thicket along the creek,it was so dark I could just hear it. When I spoked it I was just feet from it when it took off across the creek and up the hill. I tagged it with a 410 PDR it was killed two nights later over that hill at the farm on the other side about a mile away. Same area I was hiking the first go around.