Predator Call.

I'm looking for tried and true, real world experienced owner's view of their favorite electronic call.

I'm not interested in hearing about second hand accounts or what can be seen in a YouTube video. I've watched literally every video I found in my search on the platform. (Retired K9/Detective) I dive deep. 😊

Foxpro has nice options. The remote range is lacking in my opinion. 100yds is adequate for airgun usage. But, I'd like more. Like having a car that can hit 120mph. You're not going to use daily. But when the need arises, it sure is nice to have. 😅

ICOtech has the range of up to 300yds, no line of sight. But, how's the sound quality? Battery life? 4AA and a remote 9v. Wouldn't mind a rechargeable battery pack.

Lucky Duck has a few decent choices it looks like. But I'm not entirely convinced on them yet. I'm still down that rabbit hole

Primos calls, I haven't had any luck with their performance. Sound quality was lacking and the two I tried really ate the battery charge like a glass of beer on a hot day. 😊

So, what are you using and what are your pros and cons of that model.

Thanks much for your input.

K9

I have tried both electronic and hand calls. Had better luck with hand calls. I think you can vary your calls better. Electronic repeat same call over and over. Plus I can switch calls as dogs approach.
I've just picked up a mouth call to accompany the electronic call. 😊 I've only succeeded in upsetting the wife while blaring away on it claiming that "I'm just practicing". 😂 But you are 100% correct. At least I think so, mixing the call up a bit between the two would seem more effective overall.

I've owned a lot of hand and ecallers (FoxPro, WT, Lucky Duck, Johnny Stewart, to name a few). When I got my first ecaller, my success rate (coyote) went up exponentially. It get the sound away from you. after the shot it is easy to quick switch to a pup distress. The new remotes are a joy to use. The Lucky Duck is the best of any I owned. The moving sound feature and built in decoy are nice. I am quitting predator hunting. My Lucky Duck Super Revolt is for sale now at predatormasters(.com) for a very good price. Bought it last summer and never used it.

I've owned a lot of hand and ecallers (FoxPro, WT, Lucky Duck, Johnny Stewart, to name a few). When I got my first ecaller, my success rate (coyote) went up exponentially. It get the sound away from you. after the shot it is easy to quick switch to a pup distress. The new remotes are a joy to use. The Lucky Duck is the best of any I owned. The moving sound feature and built in decoy are nice. I am quitting predator hunting. My Lucky Duck Super Revolt is for sale now at predatormasters(.com) for a very good price. Bought it last summer and never used it.
Tried finding your ad for Lucky Duck with no luck. How much are you asking?

@K9Air
I use a FoxPro Inferno and a few different brands of diaphragm calls. Called in a couple coyotes my first time out with the FoxPro. Had to cycle through some sounds, but it worked. Also had an owl try to swoop in on my FoxPro. And that was without the decoy. The hand callers are good, but for me it’s better to let the e-caller carry the brunt of the work. I’ve had coyotes run at my position and that’s a hairy situation when you aren’t expecting it. Never used another brand of e-caller. The FoxPro remote is good out to about 70 yards unobstructed.

@K9Air
I use a FoxPro Inferno and a few different brands of diaphragm calls. Called in a couple coyotes my first time out with the FoxPro. Had to cycle through some sounds, but it worked. Also had an owl try to swoop in on my FoxPro. And that was without the decoy. The hand callers are good, but for me it’s better to let the e-caller carry the brunt of the work. I’ve had coyotes run at my position and that’s a hairy situation when you aren’t expecting it. Never used another brand of e-caller. The FoxPro remote is good out to about 70 yards unobstructed.

I ended up buying to test out the Foxpro Patriot and Icotec Gen2 GC500. As well as a few diagram calls. With a little work, I think I can master the diaphragm calls. Though, I don't really want to have a call coming directly from my hide location. 😊

As you are experiencing, the Foxpro range is stable up to about 75 yds. I push it further and it's remote connection becomes intermittent. No connectivity past 90 yds. Soooo... I'm sending it back. I do like the sounds though.

The Icotec Gen2 GC500 is about the same size as the Foxpro unit. Both run on 4 AA batteries. But the Icotec has 200 ready to use sounds right at your finger tips. Vs the 30 ready to use sounds w/100 additional in storage found on the Foxpro Patriot unit.

I chose to keep the Icotec due to remote range (No line of sight needed out to 325yds), remote layout, sound library and customization, ease of connecting decoy.

Time will tell if I've made the correct choice. 😊

Cheers
K9