Precision Rifle Systems (PRS) Short Throw Cocking Lever for the Red Wolf

I got this PRS cocking lever from Gav at PRS via Airguns Of Arizona. Thank you Gav, Robert, Lauren and Shane! I just wanted to post a couple of pictures because I was so impressed. It’s very well made, fits perfectly and cuts the cocking distance in half…Or more. It’s beautifully well made, smooth and installed easily and precisely in about 3 minutes. If you’ve been thinking about getting one, do it. You will not be disappointed! 

Also shown in the picture are the Midwest Elite Airgun 30 round magazines for the Red Wolf. They’re awesome too! 

Have a great weekend! Stoti

20EEAD5D-2974-4493-A6E1-08A2159123CE.1647053199.jpeg

BDC7D8BA-7BBD-4BBA-8FF1-502D0A37F094.1647052786.jpeg
86218C07-C718-4F68-A8FA-818CB5BD18B8.1647052787.jpeg
A4D011C7-03ED-47B0-9A86-1698BFC5D693.1647052788.jpeg
F39E4A92-B785-4864-886A-F156903218D6.1647052789.jpeg

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
They are available now at AoA.. The only real reason to get one is if you’re going to shoot speed events with your RW. I tried one for a day then removed it and put the stock lever back on.

The Daystate lever is much more refined with the magnet to hold it closed and it “knuckles over” better than the PRS version. The PRS version has no magnet to hold it closed and no ball pin to hold it open like the Daystate lever. 

I’m gonna take a hard pass on this one… Save your $90 and buy more pellets. PS., I bought mine, it wasn’t given to me.

Reactions: wWilliam
AOA only had a few in stock the other day when they called me, so call fast if you want one. 

I totally disagree Mike. That’s just me, I guess it depends what you like. This doesn’t have a magnet but it’s definitely more robust than the standard lever and just as smooth. I’d like to have a short throw lever for everything, on all my air guns. Unfortunately, it won’t work on most with a hammer spring. On the Red Wolf though, I love it. We were shooting in the backyard this evening and after just a short time, the boys and I all preferred it over the standard lever.

Chris was asked to make a Delta Wolf lever. Maybe? Probably? I can’t say for sure what he’s decided. I know right now he’s got a lot of Red Wolf magazines to make! 

PS I bought mine too!

Stoti

No worries Kev. We can agree to disagree. The stock lever is about as smooth as physically possible, no need for a replacement. And the Delta Wolf already has a short throw lever. About as short throw as the PRS lever for the RW. Plus, if you’re going to shoot Speed, the stock DW is faster than the RW with PRS short throw. My advice is to save your $90, it’s not necessary and not worth it. IMHO.

PS., the PRS lever not only doesn’t have a magnet, it doesn’t have the ball pin inside the clevis joint that the pin probe piece attaches to.

I never said you didn’t buy yours, but you did make it sound like it was given to you in your opening paragraph. No disrespect intended. 

Any of you try K&L's version? Just wondering the difference between the two designs.

https://krafordandlypt.com/search?q=speed+lever&options%5Bprefix%5D=last

Satisfied my big bore curiousity recently–so I am getting closer to satisfying my Daystate curiousity 😁

I have one and took it back off. This unit places the cocking lever three and a half inches back from the original lever position , so that when cocking it places the lever behind the safety. Very awkward. I should have taken a picture when I had it installed, but I was so disappointed.... And It was not cheap! :(

Just got the PRS version last week. Shipping was superfast!
The quality of workmanship is up to Daystate standard and the ergonomics…

Total perfection!

Yes the standard handle Daystate incorporated on the Redwolf is very smooth, but the stroke is quite long.

This PRS version has the handle in exactly the right place, and the stroke is just the right length too. (smoothness is exactly the same as the original)

IMO this should have been standard on the Redwolf! (And looking to the Deltawolf I think Daystate realised this too, as it seems the DW has a very short stroke sidelever too…)

Anyway: a very big praise for PRS, as the short stroke sidelever transforms the Redwolf from an awesome shooter to an even more better awesome shooter! I highly recommend it!

Edit: (typos and) I added some pics, on the first you see a little 3D thingy I made to clip over the original sidelever too test if it was worthwhile to get a short stroke lever in the first place. (as this relative small accessory is not inexpensive I just needed to be sure)
It has 3 positions for the handle. the most forward one is half the stroke length of the original, but I found out right away that the easiest to reach and by far the best position was the most rearward one. (Which happened to be within a few millimeters of the PRS one when i checked when I got that one delivered...)

On pic 2 and 3 you see the PRS lever in both extremes, also note only the lower of the 4 "fingerholds" on the handle has a gripping pattern, the other 3 are smooth. Again the designer did an awesome job (ergonomics wise) on this detail! You just have to try it in person to feel instantly why it is perfect to have JUST the lower part and not all of them grippy! As one poster above noted that it is awkward that it extends aft of the safety: it isn't awkward, it's perfectly natural, the standard one extends aft of the safety too...!

IMG_7640.JPEG

IMG_7642.JPEG

IMG_7643.JPEG

Last edited:
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_