Pre-Ordered FX Wildcat Distribution

"jpbrewer"Some further detail on the AOA guns. According to the rep I talked to, they are going to test each and every gun -- and they have a total of 100 Wildcats (mix of 22 and 25).

As they have guns tested, they are going to call each and every preorder customer in the order they came in.

You will be able to confirm your purchase, add a scope, magazine or ammo, etc. If you have decided to switch from 22 to 25 or vice versa, you can do that

My reaction is based on the above statements posted by jpbrewer on the FX Wildcat thread. There has not been to my knowledge an official wtitten statement by AOA on this subject. I hope AOA clarifies their intended actions on this subject.

That being said, I believe it would be inappropriate for someone who pre-ordered a .22 Wildcat to be able to change their mind and secure a .25 Wildcat from this first and very limited shipment to AOA. This would take a .25 Wildcat away from someone who pre-ordered a .25 Wildcat who is further down on the list.

Reactions: harrybarker
My 2c... I've pre-ordered a .25 cal. Wildcat beginning of April and I hope I will get mine out of the first shipment. However it's the sole discretion of AoA to determine the procedure who gets what based on order date and any other business criteria they would like to employ keeping customer happiness in mind...I hope. Making every customer who pre-ordered a Wildcat happy (including my happiness) is in light of the circumstances not very likely unfortunately.

"Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting." - Joyce Meyer

Hey, don't shoot the messenger... That is what they told me. He may have been speaking off the cuff. I dont know.

It did seem like they we're going to work very hard to get everybody exactly what they wanted. But I can understand your concern if someone who was an earlier preorder for a wildcat changed their mind on caliber. 

If it makes you feel any better, the Rep indicated that there were quite a number of people who got tired of waiting and ordered another gun or switched to the Impact.
John

depelletizerMy 2c... I've pre-ordered a .25 cal. Wildcat beginning of April and I hope I will get mine out of the first shipment. However it's the sole discretion of AoA to determine the procedure who gets what based on order date and any other business criteria they would like to employ keeping customer happiness in mind...I hope. Making every customer who pre-ordered a Wildcat happy (including my happiness) is in light of the circumstances not very likely unfortunately.

DP, I understand what you're saying. Let me express my concern in another way. Let's imagine you ordered and paid for a new car to be built by Ford with the options and color you desire. Now, after a two month wait your car is delivered to the dealership but it is given to another customer that liked the features and color of your car better than the car they ordered one day before your order. Would you have a problem with that scenario? I think most people would consider that dealership's action as inappropriate.

jpbrewerHey, don't shoot the messenger... That is what they told me. He may have been speaking off the cuff. I dont know.

It did seem like they we're going to work very hard to get everybody exactly what they wanted. But I can understand your concern if someone who was an earlier preorder for a wildcat changed their mind on caliber. 

If it makes you feel any better, the Rep indicated that there were quite a number of people who got tired of waiting and ordered another gun or switched to the Impact.
John

I didn't read his post as something against you or any forum member.

Reactions: Ted
 I really don't think AOA or employees will want to respond to every little question about the Wildcat distribution....that is just unreasonable to expect....to have someone at everybody's beck and call about the gun and tell callers Exactly how things will be handled......really???......not likely to happen. I know it is very rare for me to call AOA and get someone to answer. I usually am at their mercy when they return my call. Just don't have unreal expectations thinking they will tell you EXACTLY how all the guns will be handed out, that would be a nightmare on their part.

All this may sound harsh, but just the real world...

Reactions: Ted
SplatSteel, Comparing air rifles with something that's at least 20 times more expensive is just a bit flawed, but I understand what you mean. I wouldn't be happy if a dealership pulled a fast one on me, they definitely would loose my business...permanently. There are a lot more dealerships out there though. Understanding the sentiment about fairness is not the same as knowing the business process though. Suffice to say, I hope I get mine and it would stink if I don't. Nothing I can do about.
Cheers, John

Consider this,
Instead og giving away someone else's gun because there is a change of heart, maybe there is a stipulation...
If you ordered a .25 and now want a .22 that's fine, you will be put at the bottom of the wait list. That way, the next one(s) in line will not be affected by your change of heart. Of course this is just speculation on my part, but I think AoA would have thought about this scenario and found a way to keep things fair and equal for all. 

Good luck to everybody waiting! I hope we all get phone calls tomorrow! :D

I have a deposit with AoA on a .25 Wildcat and I do not give one ounce of care to someone before me on the list changing between a .22 and .25. When they started taking deposits the final specs weren't out. I say it's a good thing to allow someone to make a deposit early, then view the specs and decide which model they want. If you were one of the first to make that deposit then it's your reward. The mfg and importer need to see the demand, thus early deposits. 

And for the record, I believe my deposit was put down in late April so from what I've read and been told I'll be right on the borderline of getting one this first shipment. Yes I hope to get on the first shipment because I'm sure it will be a few months before another shipment comes over!

As said the specs were not out, a few brave souls bucked up. I think AOA is trying to go the extra mile, and make the pre payers happy. A car was mentioned, most will put up a deposit, and have an option of backing out. These folks pre paid for a product yet to be produced, This is a sellers dream, and a business model that any retailer would love to have. AOA is trying to reward their loyal customers, I'm not a fan of the unknown, but I think we are a lot of over grown adolescents who turn the Christmas lights on and grow impatient that the present isn't under the tree.