• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Pre order with SPAW 😩

Hello, this is Ken, I apologize and was not aware of all these issues, please email me and I can sort out any issues please include the order #. Again I apologize for the back order delays, we are stuck waiting on the products as well. We will no longer be taking pre orders, delivery dates are broken from lack of product, and produces bad relationships.
[email protected]

Again Apologies
Ken

I can only say I‘ve had great experiences with Ken and SPAW and would buy something from him again in a second. Three rifles and a lot of things like barrel kits, etc. This situation is tough as supply chain is bad, FX really needs to step up their game and focus less on selling guns and more on delivering everything they have developed and hyped. This is far more a consistent issue with FX than their vendors.

@ Chapjl, I simply want my money returned to me -- from the vendor who accepted it from PayPal.
What do you suggest I do, as you trumpet your loyalty for and defend, the vendor, while blaming the manufacturer?
I would have to agree, this is not a supply chain issue. This is the dealer not properly communicating with his customer, and not properly refunding. My understanding is Ken pretty much runs this business on his own, so to use the excuse that he was unaware of these dealings shocks me. I would go as far as saying these are just excuses for bad business dealings.

I have to say that I have bought 4 guns (2 Impacts, a Wildcat MK III Sniper and a Wildcat MK III Compact) from Ken/SPAW and never had an issue. I’m happy to see that he has responded.
I'm sorry to say, Ken has not returned my money. Although, he has finally responded with a "private mail" to me (on yesterday, August 27th). The PM shows an invoice where money was refunded on another -- similar canceled -- order. The order number is clearly not the same as the order number of the item in question.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ram2jeep
I'm sorry to say, Ken has not returned my money. Although, he has finally responded with a "private mail" to me (on yesterday, August 27th). The PM shows an invoice where money was refunded on another -- similar canceled -- order. The order number is clearly not the same as the order number of the item in question.

So you posted the issue on a public forum. He saw the issue yesterday. He is trying to understand the transaction and is confused about the correct cancellation. You expect resolution in 24 hours?

Reactions: pdxFrank
@ Chapjl, I simply want my money returned to me -- from the vendor who accepted it from PayPal.
What do you suggest I do, as you trumpet your loyalty for and defend, the vendor, while blaming the manufacturer?
Far from a trumpet but lash out as you will, you detract from the empathy you’re seeking. He apologized or I wouldn’t have posted anything. I simply referenced my positive experiences with a decent company and guy that you are frustrated with over a bad experience. The manufacturer continues to overhype their product and set these small business dealers up for these situations. They promise product, the dealers take preorders, the product delivery lags, and then the dealer has to track who they have shipped to and who they still owe product to. He has help in his business and that may be how this got messed up. I never made an excuse for you not getting your money back and I know Ken, he will make it right. It’s an unfortunate situation all around.

Far from a trumpet but lash out as you will, you detract from the empathy you’re seeking. He apologized or I wouldn’t have posted anything. I simply referenced my positive experiences with a decent company and guy that you are frustrated with over a bad experience. The manufacturer continues to overhype their product and set these small business dealers up for these situations. They promise product, the dealers take preorders, the product delivery lags, and then the dealer has to track who they have shipped to and who they still owe product to. He has help in his business and that may be how this got messed up. I never made an excuse for you not getting your money back and I know Ken, he will make it right. It’s an unfortunate situation all around.
Oh contraire, sir. I seek no empathy.
I merely seek a return of my legitimately earned money.
" He apologized", you say. What is an apology without a recompense of the offense? I.e. the repayment of my money.
In light of Mr. Hick's most-recent action regarding this issue, I submit that his "apology" is merely a public attempt to avoid responsibility for his unethical actions.

So you posted the issue on a public forum. He saw the issue yesterday. He is trying to understand the transaction and is confused about the correct cancellation. You expect resolution in 24 hours?
Sir, you have conveniently or unknowingly omitted the relevant facts of my complaint with Hicks.
As to the possible confusion about the 2 cancellations: The dates of the transactions are different -- 9 months in fact; the amounts paid for the items are different and the order numbers are different. This has been pointed out to Hicks. He has had since August 4th 2022 -- 24 days -- to return my money, yet he has not. It is clear to me now, he intends to use the 2 cancellations to muddy waters, thereby creating an alibi for unethical business practices.

Last edited:
Reactions: M0ist0ne
The best way to avoid the issue is for the Vendor to not offer pre- order and the customer to not pre -order anything,lol. But I will say this, Daystate and FX promise way to much and they have let there customers down with all there hype delivery dates . They can’t keep blaming Covid for there issues, that dog don’t hunt,lol. You can go back and look at all the You tuber videos and make a list of BS a mile long as to what is being made and when to expect it,lol. Jon from FX are you listening.

Reactions: ram2jeep
Sir, you have conveniently or unknowingly omitted the relevant facts of my complaint with Hicks.
As to the possible confusion about the 2 cancellations: The dates of the transactions are different -- 9 months in fact; the amounts paid for the items are different and the order numbers are different. This has been pointed out to Hicks. He has had since August 4th 2022 -- 24 days -- to return my money, yet he has not. It is clear to me now, he intends to use the 2 cancellations to muddy waters, thereby creating an alibi for unethical business practices.
I didn't coviniently or unknowingly do anything. You laid out one case in post #1. In post #30 a second cancellation was mentioned. Ken contacted you on the 27th. Those were all your words.

My question was quite simple: from his communication on the 27th trying to rectify the issue, no matter what went before, do you really expect resolution in 24 hours?

For charges and refunds from about Thursday-Sun (weekends) to hit my electronic accounts, I usually have to wait til the following Tuesday. Dunno if that's what is going on here, but maybe?

Al's PM.JPG

Al's Aug.JPG

Reactions: M0ist0ne
I didn't coviniently or unknowingly do anything. You laid out one case in post #1. In post #30 a second cancellation was mentioned. Ken contacted you on the 27th. Those were all your words.

My question was quite simple: from his communication on the 27th trying to rectify the issue, no matter what went before, do you really expect resolution in 24 hours?
The original purchase was made on August 22. 2021. That's ~12 months. After contacting SPAW in January 2022, I would believe Hicks and any other lucid business person understands that he has been paid for merchandise he has not delivered and does not have in stock. I find it not unreasonable that at that point a refund was in order. I waited until August 4th of this year, after reading a post from Hicks on this forum interjecting an opinion in a matter regarding another vendor.

Nevermind you are not getting my point. I never said your original post was wrong. I wasn't even trying to rehash your timeline or belittle your anger.

I would explain what I was trying to communicate, but I already tried twice with a simple question to get you to think logically.

Good luck and let us know when it is resolved to your satisfaction.