• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pre-Order this, pre-order that…

Here is another way to look at Pre-Order ( not attacking or taking away from anything else that has been said). When you pre-order, you lock in the price. In todays world of inflation, waiting to order until it is in stock could result in you paying more. If you pre-order a year in advance, and lock in the price, the vendor eats any inflationary price increase. Look at what is going on the the car industry. Vehicles are selling at above the sticker price because inflation has jacked the price up. Same applies in the airgun industry. Look at how the prices have increased on most airguns and ammo from a year ago. I have stuff on pre-order from major airgun distributors and continue to receive emails asking if I want to cancel. They know the items will be in and that they will have to suck up the price increases. If I really want something, I will pre-order in a heart beat. Again, something else to consider.
Thank you for your perspective and yes the preorder locks in your price. I’m also glad to hear the distributors email you in regards to canceling. Everything has increased in cost and this industry has taken off just as the prices have.
Again, this is just how I feel and from the looks of it, many other’s. There is know right or wrong just if you will or won’t. I’m on the I won’t because I have seen too many ways for issues to occur with money especially when you want it back.
And, I have definitely seen the carjacking and people willing to pay $10,000 over sticker to get a vehicle; not something I would do either…

With empty spaces on grocery shelves, shortages of basic metal, plastics and other commodities you guys think this is a conspiracy to rip you off?
The guy who has the shop next to mine makes wiring harnesses for aircraft. Right now his lead time is 54 weeks to deliver product. Why? Because he cannot get the wire. Why can’t he get the wire? Because the wire mfg can’t get the plastic to make the insulation for the wire.
I need two new drive motors for one of my pressure washing trailers. Kohler motors is quoting my supplier 02/2023 if and only if they see an improvement in parts availability. I have been waiting for 4 weeks for a burner assembly for another trailer. Call for an ETA and I get “when we get one, you will have one.”
I would hate to live a life where every inconvenience becomes a conspiracy to rip me off or imposition me for some nefarious purpose by powers that remain unidentified and lurk in the deepest of shadows.
I think we have all become spoiled and soft demanding instant gratification for our wants when we should be concerned how the shortages will affect our needs.
While I agree with most of what you're saying I think there's a big difference between "instant gratification" and paying a couple thousand dollars for something not made yet that may or may not ship in several months. I can practically guarantee that some companies use these tactics to finance their operation. I was getting prices for an upstairs remodel. One of the contractors wanted a 75% down payment! Months ahead of scheduling the work. I told him it was an outrageous request. His candid response was he needed the money to purchase supplies. Hahaha, that didn't build confidence that his company would even exist when my turn for the work came up.

People always complain about pre-orders,...but no one forces you to do so and if you do not like the practice stay away from it,
also places like Pyramyd do not actually charge your card until the Item is shipping.

People then complain when the rifles are actually shipping because they go out of stock immediately,.......because all the Pre-orders are being filled and they cannot buy them and have to way for the next batch to come in 😄 😄 😄

Either way, such a First world problem ;)

Reactions: qball and bf1956
Even for airgun dealers....there is a large push for pre-orders...... this is largely driven by the supply chain crisis and all the container ships floating around the in the Pacific.

When a large manufacturer introduces a new airgun.....they will usually buy container or two of them. When the ship sets sail from Asia they start taking pre-orders in anticipation that the product will take 90 ship, clear, inventory and ship out.

Any delay at the port causes a delay in getting the product.

I had placed a HUGE Black Friday order on an inbound container.....had all the whammy jammy sales set up......the shipment missed the delivery date and the product hit my warehouse on December 28..... that was ugly!

This issue is going be around well into 2024

HK
we are going to be paying for these 4 years for a long long time

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I am glad to see all of the folks who are not going to pre-order. That means that I will get my pre-order quickly because there will not be any competition for the item. Thanks! LOL
Have at it and pre-order away. If it’s not on the shelf your still waiting but just with a guaranteed spot. Again, this is just how I look at pre-orders while many others love to do it. I don’t knock anyone for what they want to do or their opinions. Some people will only buy Fords other’s Chevy, it’s all personal choice in the end typically based on personal experience’s.
This wasn’t trying to stop anyone from pre-order’s, more just my feelings about it and why I don’t subscribe to the practice. I wish everyone that pre-order’s the best and hope they get their items quickly. I don’t mind, at this point in life, waiting for the item to be on the shelf so the only hold up is shipping.

ON a lighter note : just finished reading all the above , kind of depressing .
Then like a ray of Sunshine i get an email from Dennis Baker stating the item i bought at the show Sunday has shipped YAHOO!!!!
I have been waiting for the Backbone to get in stock at Utah Air and on the 18th I saw it was in stock and on the shelves. I placed an order and it was delivered today. I called first and made sure it was there and then placed the order.
I had been checking frequently for the backbone after I saw it with the testers some time back. I just waited until it was in stock and glad I did too, there were more options available.