PP750 in 2023

Difficult to know what your metric of "good" is? It is a fun item for a modest price if you want a repeater PCP carbine. You can find extensive info via google and on YouTube of ways that people have done anything from minor to major modifications and the "platform" seems to be well suited to that. Several Canadian vendors (one in particular) have offered a bunch of upgrades and accessories (not sure if I am supposed to mention vendor names here or not). Those Canadian sources sell the accessories to USA and I cannot foresee any reason that they would not sell to EU.

PP750 is still a fun pistol carabine in 2023. Notos is a variation. Here is mine 750 with 16 inch FX superior liner and some other custom bits. Very easy to make it your own. Im from Europe, too. Some things are not so easy to get a hold of, but where there's a will...

20230629_223300.jpg

IMG_2270.jpeg

This is mine in pistol form. JSB 18.1 grain at 600 FPS gets me about 40 shots. It’s a decent pistol. If you like to tinker and tune, you’ll spend a lot of time tweaking it to suit your needs. The trigger is not great, and there’s only so much you can do to make it better, but I can live with it. It’s pretty accurate and quiet. Capable of dime sized groups at 20 yards from a bench with a scope. I use it for standing pistol target practice at about 10 to 15 yards.

Reactions: RScott
PP750 w 4x15.jpg

Yes, The PP750 is a great pistol today.

I loved my PP so much from the get-go that I made custom Shedua grips and cheek-piece for it and came up with a really cool little vintage rifle scope to top it off. The only bug was the trigger action; though crisp and light enough, it broke at various let-off weights. So I put Gorgeous away for about a year before correcting the trigger weight inconsistency (easily enough). She's a real gem, in mini-carbine or pistol form!

15.9 gr JSB, 250 BAR charge, 22 shot powerband- Low= 626, Hi= 635, ES= 9, SD= 2, Average= 631 FPS/14.0 Foot pounds

4/6/2020- Five consecutive 5-shot groups at 35 yards with 15.9 grain JSBs averaged .70” c-t-c.
4/24/2020- Six consecutive 5-shot groups at 35 yards with 15.9 grain JSBs averaged .73” c-t-c.

Last edited:
View attachment 403784

This is mine in pistol form. JSB 18.1 grain at 600 FPS gets me about 40 shots. It’s a decent pistol. If you like to tinker and tune, you’ll spend a lot of time tweaking it to suit your needs. The trigger is not great, and there’s only so much you can do to make it better, but I can live with it. It’s pretty accurate and quiet. Capable of dime sized groups at 20 yards from a bench with a scope. I use it for standing pistol target practice at about 10 to 15 yards.

Can we assume the silver addition is a plenum-chamber, and/or (upgraded) regulator?

View attachment 403909

I loved my PP so much from the get-go that I made custom Shedua grips and cheek-piece for it and came up with a really cool little vintage rifle scope to top it off. The only bug was the trigger action; though crisp and light enough, it broke at various let-off weights. So I put Gorgeous away for about a year before correcting the trigger weight inconsistency (easily enough). She's a real gem, in mini-carbine or pistol form!

15.9 gr JSB, 250 BAR charge, 22 shot powerband- Low= 626, Hi= 635, ES= 9, SD= 2, Average= 631 FPS/14.0 Foot pounds

4/6/2020- Five consecutive 5-shot groups at 35 yards with 15.9 grain JSBs averaged .70” c-t-c.
4/24/2020- Six consecutive 5-shot groups at 35 yards with 15.9 grain JSBs averaged .73” c-t-c.
I like how you kept it simple and light. That’s some nice wood on there. I was looking for a tiny scope like that to mount. It’s a fun little platform. Perfect for small backyard. I may need to get me a Notos so I don’t have to keep reconfiguring it between pistol and carbine.

Reactions: AirNGasman
I was a designer for that "silver chamber" ;) and a friend of my machine shop fabricated the parts for Wes.
It is an extended plenum with option you can mount a gauge on the Reg side, I designed several versions and we finally fabricated four versions of these.
The PP750 is a "pistol" by definition in Canada and the extra power from this plenum putt it into a RPAL restricted category, this why I decided the sale was available in US only.
With my plenum the pistol was capable of shooting 15gn @ 850 with a unrestricted port and some replaced springs.

Thanks bigHUN! Now I remember seeing your thread with the CAD drawings of this plenum. It’s an ingenious design. I haven’t even began to test the max power as I need a heavier hammer spring and longer barrel, but with your plenum the potential is there. Getting back to Tangodown’s question, the PP750 (and Notos) is one of the best cheap PCP pistols you can buy. One that’s sure to be a favorite among tuners with an ever growing aftermarket parts availability. Like BigHUN has shown, these parts are made for tuners, by tuners. So you have to search for parts on EBay or places like AirgunArcheryFun.

I was a designer for that "silver chamber" ;) and a friend of my machine shop fabricated the parts for Wes.
It is an extended plenum with option you can mount a gauge on the Reg side, I designed several versions and we finally fabricated four versions of these.
The PP750 is a "pistol" by definition in Canada and the extra power from this plenum putt it into a RPAL restricted category, this why I decided the sale was available in US only.
With my plenum the pistol was capable of shooting 15gn @ 850 with a unrestricted port and some replaced springs.

As I thought, the extra chamber volume achieved with that plenum attachment accounts for Deadland's excellent forty-shot power band at about the same power-level with 18.1s as my PP shooting 15.9s (without the plenum gizmo), but returning only a 22 shot power band. I suspect you might get as many or more shots than I do at your souped-up power level, HUN. Thanks for the pertinent info lending better insights, Bud.(y)

Thanks bigHUN! Now I remember seeing your thread with the CAD drawings of this plenum. It’s an ingenious design. I haven’t even began to test the max power as I need a heavier hammer spring and longer barrel, but with your plenum the potential is there. Getting back to Tangodown’s question, the PP750 (and Notos) is one of the best cheap PCP pistols you can buy. One that’s sure to be a favorite among tuners with an ever growing aftermarket parts availability. Like BigHUN has shown, these parts are made for tuners, by tuners. So you have to search for parts on EBay or places like AirgunArcheryFun.

You make great points that speak volumes in answering the OP's question whether the PP750 is a great pistol today, DL. The fact that We who recognize it, and its potentials, enough to improve upon it/them says a lot. Good show, Deadlands!:)

Probably more after market support for the Umarex Notos and it is tuned to a higher power (about 20 fpe) out of the box. If you want to shoot it as a pistol, however, the PP750 might be a better choice.

I've come close to ordering a Notos. But being a traditional aestheticist am a bit put off by the more 'tactical' appearance of the Notos. It's also hard for me to justify even the very reasonable price of a Notos when I already have my dream PP750.

Regardless, obviously the Notos is not only a reconfigured PP750, but a great deal!

Reactions: Deadlands
I have both the PP750 and PP700 in .177.
I doubt that there is anything close in terms of performance (shots string, accuracy, don't care about power) in that price range.

For twice the price, Crosman can shove its 1720t and 1701p pistols.

And now with the Umarex Notos around, Crosman can take its twice as expensive Benjamin Prod and shove it in the same spot.

Last edited:
View attachment 403909

Damn, that’s a good looking pistol. I want one!

Reactions: AirNGasman