PP750 -- I'll take that, CPHPs!

Switched to CPHPs 14.3s for something different in the PP750 .22. Finished with a wind-free 25YD zero at lunch today. Got one good chrony shot of 634 FPS (@200bar), and then "batt". This pistol is pretty consistent so, 634 it is. Evenings here the wind lays down for a while before switching round, so can get like 3-5 mags of something at a leisurely pace. Out for some target work, and got a bird at 55YD with these CPHPs. This is a well-practiced shot, over a pig saddle. On the BKL 3" cantilever mount is a UTG 3-9x32 front AO at 9X, and with a 1-1/2 dot hold over landed the shot to right of quill, frontal view, and required a dispatch shot when got down there. So, these light pellets really give away my wonky pull on this PP750, which I really need to get tuned out and away. I been looking at these columbis and turdidaes for what I think are feather mites lice. Basically look like a house fly, only flattened to like feather thickness. They scramble around the feathers incredibly fast. Seems mostly species specific to pigeons.

Historically, this PP750 has been fed a steady variety of JSB flavors of 15.89s and 18.1s, both of which have performed phenomenally over the past seven months. The Hades 15.89 unfortunately has not been very consistent beyond 20YD. Granted I run this pistol at a fairly anemic tune, with the original junk trigger job. I usually finger feed pellets. Anyways, think I going shoot these CPHPs for a month or two, because they shoot great!

Right on Crosman, I'll take that.

Mark

IMG_9457.1628923354.JPG

Have you tried the Daisy PrecisionMax Hollowpoints?...

Have not tried those. Limited variety of what can be purchased off the shelf here, so it's the Crosman's, or mail order pellets. Ordered 4 tin JSB Hvy MkII's from PA other day and swear that's last mail order pellets for a while. Thx for the recommend though. HN BHEs and FTTs don't shoot so great so always curious what WILL work in the PP750.