• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PP700SA Carbine

This is my PP700SA Carbine, got the 16 inch barrel from Wes of airgunarchery.com, hope you like it
1594053652_584934355f0354143db784.53217393.jpg
1594053661_20003748265f03541d13aaa9.93213034.jpg
1594053669_3692316995f035425511710.98408391.jpg
1594053682_19421134945f035432ccc100.68233978.jpg

Yo,

I don't know about the price from Wes, this one I got from Wes is the 1st one, so far this is a .177 and the .22 is being custom made right now, the speed haven't tested it fully with a crono, can only shoot sub 10 meters and accuracy is fine right now same as when I have the original barrel still cant test the distance because range is still close, this is using a chaser barrel, the crowning was done pretty nicely, one thing nice with this custom is it is threaded 1/2 x 20 on the muzzle end, so muzzle brake will go in, I suggest you send Wes an email because there might be limited numbers that is being produce right now, shipping is probably reasonable as Wes is very good with his pricing.

Hey dudes I have a pp700w as well. What do you need to do to make that chaser barrel work like that? Obviously the shroud is removed but is there anything done to the reciever to free float it like that? I am almost scared to do anything to my current pp700w because it is so damn accurate but I want a bit more power for squirrel hunting. I would really like 15 fpe with 22 cal or 13 with 177 without suffering too much shot count. That longer barrel seems like a possible answer. Also please let us know the numbers when you get your 22 barrel 😉

It started when I asked Wes that if can order longer barrel from snowpeak for the pp700sa, He said that snowpeak was very busy and it happens that he has some .177 barrel in stock and he knew someone that can machined it to have it threaded and fit the pp700sa, So he got a few .177 barrel machined and turned it to fit the pp700, it turns out nicer as the chaser barrel was a lot thicker and once you thread it to the breech, it becomes more stiff than anything that is hold down by any grub screw, and the nice thing is that this is a very straight forward change. unscrew the old barrel and screw in the new one.

Hi Guys! I've some 177 barrels being done right now and will be sending off some 22 barrels once the shipment of PP750 and PP700SA arrives with the spare barrels. These are really professionaly done with beautiful crowns and lapped rifling. 1/2"unf threading on the end so you can put a silencer or muzzle brake on. I will have some muzzle brakes available as well, though silencers need to be bought elsewhere because we aren't allowed to heve them up here in Canada. 

I have one of the stocks like in the first picture available and two nice hand grips. These are made by the author of this thread, Very well done! The stock is ready to be stained and the grips have already been stained. 

Thanks, 

Wes 

That stock would look good bedliner-painted.

I asked the sanctioned Rhino Bedliner applicator here in Abq. and he told me that a full rifle stock costs $80 and can be finished in 2 days.

Black is $80 but colored ones are $200.

I would have wanted grey or FDE or Coyote on my 2260 stock if the cost was not too astronomical.

Aerosol is fine but not as durable.

Did a simulation with a piece of wood a while ago, and it did not come out so nice due to the cold weather.

I used Duplicolor Sandstorm bedliner paint.

Yes, I did ample preparation like putting the can in hot water and heating up the piece of wood with a heat gun, but the moisture level right now is not ideal for painting.

Sorry for the OT, but I would surmise that those who would purchase this stock might be curious 🤓

NICE!!! How much was it and shipping cost?What caliber? How much faster does it shoot as-is with no power adjustments? Any accurate vs. factory barrel?

on mine which is .177 caliber with out touching anything it gained about 80-90fps depending on the pellet. Accuracy is excellent but I only shot to 35 yards and it’s pellet on pellet if I do my part and no wind. The barrel seems to shoot the 7.4 pointed and 7.9 CPHP equally well, the pointed might be a little more accurate at 35. haven’t tried the heavier doomed pellets yet but hades is one hole as expected at 35 yards all day. I was messing around I got the 7.4 pointed pellet to shoot 980fps!!! Also shot 12.5 nsa slugs at 770fps with good accuracy but haven’t thoroughly test that, seems to be slug on slug at 20 yards. 

the machine work and the crown look excellent, the barrel/lands have been polished and you can tell by just looking through the barrel, mirror finish. Highly recommend it!