• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PP 750 EYEBALLS

UTG 3-9x front AO R/G IR in a BKL 3" mount. Another member had same set up I just copied. Have run a red dot and was just as fine as the magnified optic on there now, for my purposes. Eye relief may be a problem so may require notching stops for a shorter LOP, or get rod stops. I just can't see put anything larger on it, avoid the scope with a gun attached.

I been very pleased by mine. Got it last December, and sees routine use.

IMG_9430.1627622210.JPG

I have tried several and all are either too big vt3 3-12x or too small red dot (prefer at least 5x for precise target shooting). 

I dont use sfp scopes so bugbusters are not an option for me but if I were to get one it would be the utg swat version with side focus

do a search

member thane has posted extensively about the pp750 and has a picture of that scope mounted. 

Hopefully a 10x24 small scope will work for me and my pp750 but I have not got it yet. 

I love my PP750, so it's worn a few optics. Here it is with a (discontinued) 3-9X32 Weaver Airgun/Rimfire Classic, set up for night hunting-

PP FLL.1627674960.jpg

With a Burris Mini 6X rifle scope-

PP 750 2.1627675162.jpg

And in it's latest iteration, a very vintage, extremely cool, Tasco 4X15; probably from the 1960s, likely never seen anywhere before now, and super clear optics (Japanese)-

PP750 4x15.1627675345.jpg

Reactions: HandyT
1shooter Thanks have been searching the pistol threads

AirNGasman Really like the tasco 4x15 have never seen one of them . Are you using carm mags ? also do you know how far they stick above the breech ? Mine is in 22 cal,

legionair Have never look thru a red dot , I'm colored blind so that might be a problem does it show up pretty good in the bright sun ? I like the size of that BSA .

Right now my wife has a great interest in this gun I might be losing it !!!! Should not of put the blue handles on it . Will post a picture in a few .

Thanks for all the help , a great bunch of people !

0730211455.1627683192.jpg

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/new-spa-artemis-pp750/page/17/

lots of good info. Believe it is the first pp750 thread

page 7 and 17 have pics of the scope, plus others but stopped looking

carm mags are great

I have all three types

the high capacity will not work for most scopes

different colors are nice for using different pellets

Lots of info on this site so search pp750

great little pcp that is easy to pump up and work on

"AirNGasman Really like the tasco 4×15 have never seen one of them . Are you using carm mags ? also do you know how far they stick above the breech ?"

That little Tasco is really nice, but unfortunately useless without a Bushnell rail-type mount. I need to raise the scope about 1/2", but easier said than done. I felt like the original magazine sucked. The Carm is much better, and sits about .328"/8.3mm above the top of the breech of my .22 PP. 

Having trouble deciding what to put on my 750 what do you members use ? scope , red dot , ect. ? TIA would like to see some pictures if possible also .

Please tell us your shooting applications: pistol or carbine format, how far and how big is your target, hunting in tight quarters......these factors greatly influence the type of scopes we would recommend. 

My recommendations for most use cases:

Under 20 yards and have good eyes: micro reflex red dot mounted as low as possible. Fastest possible target acquisition/point and shoot. 

Under 20 yards and don't have good eyes: 1x or 3x prism scopes or 1-6 LPVO scopes on low power.

Hunting to 20-50 yards I would say a fixed parallax 3-9 or 3-12 scope with illuminated reticle. Fast target acquisition and no messing about with the parallax. 

Or 5x prism or 1-6 LPVO, which has wider field of view for pests like squirrels or bigger

Target shooting pass 20 yards: compact 3-12 scope with side focus like the discovery or Vector

1shooter Thanks have been searching the pistol threads

AirNGasman Really like the tasco 4x15 have never seen one of them . Are you using carm mags ? also do you know how far they stick above the breech ? Mine is in 22 cal,

legionair Have never look thru a red dot , I'm colored blind so that might be a problem does it show up pretty good in the bright sun ? I like the size of that BSA .

Right now my wife has a great interest in this gun I might be losing it !!!! Should not of put the blue handles on it . Will post a picture in a few .

Thanks for all the help , a great bunch of people !

0730211455.1627683192.jpg

Thst looks really nice.

Mine has been shooting so well I haven't wanted to take it apart to add the plenum.

Here's how mine is set up-
pp750fallready.1627699066.jpg

Thst looks really nice.

Mine has been shooting so well I haven't wanted to take it apart to add the plenum.

Here's how mine is set up-
pp750fallready.1627699066.jpg

@kkarmical -- Hehe, belated thanks for the inspiration in how to set mine up. 

BKL mounts can be had from most airgun vendors or direct through Airforce.

I was having some accuracy headaches early on, which I think was a shroud problem. Something like hole in hole few shots at 15 yds, then holenhole an inch up and right, &c. I placed a couple drops of machine oil around that starfangled nut on the barrel inside the shroud toward muzzle. Found the shroud to airtube gap diminsihing to the muzzle from breech, so remounted the shroud band dovetail and slid it forward all the way and mounted an arisaka adapter for a light. Very stable now. I can soda a pop can at 60 yards. Fun fun fun. Really likes any flavor of 15.9 and 18.1gr diabolo, and even the NSA 20.2gr.

ATB, Mark

edit: And thank you to everyone for posting your pictures. Been thinking of getting another PP750, in 177. Seeing your folks' rigs got the wheels turning...

Sorry guys , been almost 100 degrees here so I've been watering and mowed late then the mower (John Deere) wouldn't start so had to push it back to the shop geeeez .

1 shooter I did a lot of searching before asking , pictures help but the input has been outstanding from everyone also .

AirNGasman Thanks for the info on the Carm mag height I needed that to decide on mounts for the future build down the road . I've never tried those but have read a lot of people recommending them .

qball I will be using it strictly as a carbine , depending how good it shoots (accuracy) wise will determine what I'll end up with in the future build . Also all the different info you provided .... red dot , prism , LPVO I never have tried so that will be on the horizon also . Thankyou

kkarmical---bambuino Thanks for the pictures will need to see if that mount is compatible with carm mags .

qball I will be using it strictly as a carbine , depending how good it shoots (accuracy) wise will determine what I'll end up with in the future build . Also all the different info you provided .... red dot , prism , LPVO I never have tried so that will be on the horizon also . Thankyou

Mine when I had it was fairly pellet fussy and for the most part liked JSB pellets, I settled on hades. It got 3/4 inch group at 34 yards but keep in mind it's a very small/short gun so accuracy isn't easy even if the gun is accurate, holding a small guns like that steady isn't easy for me at least. Because of that I would stick with 30 yards and closer which doesn't require high magnification, actually it's better if the magnification isn't higher than say 6x or 8x. For under 30 yards I would recommend trying the vortex spitfire 5x, super small and compact but spendy. Sadly most LPVO are in the 20oz range which will make the gun top heavy and doesn't feel right but it's the most versatile of the bunch. Amazon has 12-14 oz 3-4x prism scope I think might be worth while trying, they supposed to have wider field of view compared to traditional scopes. 

The carm mags are much better but you do lose 1 shot capacity, just to keep that in mind. 

You can add an amazon picatinny adaptor with extension, some of them can clear the mag. I dremeled one to clear the mag which gives you much more space to mount anything you want. 

7EA4EE22-0664-4DB9-9A2A-4495A8B21A03.1603121018.jpeg

I want to say thankyou to everyone for all the info and help again . I wanted to get this gun going fast to try it out so I ordered a bug buster since I already had the mounts and it will be here Sunday , but I see it changing in the future to different set ups thanks to qball lol . Still waiting on my baffles as this thing is loud ! without them . So will be looking maybe for a lcd . Plans for tomorrow is a cheek piece going on the rods kind a like AirNGasman's (thanks for that idea also ) . Darell

Mine when I had it was fairly pellet fussy and for the most part liked JSB pellets, I settled on hades. It got 3/4 inch group at 34 yards but keep in mind it's a very small/short gun so accuracy isn't easy even if the gun is accurate, holding a small guns like that steady isn't easy for me at least. Because of that I would stick with 30 yards and closer which doesn't require high magnification, actually it's better if the magnification isn't higher than say 6x or 8x. For under 30 yards I would recommend trying the vortex spitfire 5x, super small and compact but spendy. Sadly most LPVO are in the 20oz range which will make the gun top heavy and doesn't feel right but it's the most versatile of the bunch. Amazon has 12-14 oz 3-4x prism scope I think might be worth while trying, they supposed to have wider field of view compared to traditional scopes. 

The carm mags are much better but you do lose 1 shot capacity, just to keep that in mind. 

You can add an amazon picatinny adaptor with extension, some of them can clear the mag. I dremeled one to clear the mag which gives you much more space to mount anything you want.

Thanks for the advice , looking thru that crappy clone I had on it I could tell the gun was unsteady and my plans are for under 30 .

"AirNGasman Really like the tasco 4×15 have never seen one of them . Are you using carm mags ? also do you know how far they stick above the breech ?"

That little Tasco is really nice, but unfortunately useless without a Bushnell rail-type mount. I need to raise the scope about 1/2", but easier said than done. I felt like the original magazine sucked. The Carm is much better, and sits about .328"/8.3mm above the top of the breech of my .22 PP.

I'm also a big fan of those Japanese made Tascos. I still have three of them mounted on powder burners. Very clear sight pictures and rugged scopes as well. When I'm attending a gun show I always keep an eye peeled for used ones.