• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Powerhouse valve

The Powerhouse valve is legendary!! And will definitely amp up the power in a Marauder.
ED0B6660-C7D9-4E01-A954-94678C1F1059.jpeg

Rich,

Would this work in my PROD? If so what gains can I expect to see?
This one is for the marauder long gun. The powerhouse was not meant for anything under .25. The restriction with the .22 barrel makes the valve dwell extremely long and waisting a ton of air. But with that said there is a powerhouse valve for the 7/8 tube, but highly recommend the complete lower that Don makes. Besides if your using the stock barrel you shouldn’t go over 750fps or accuracy starts opening up.

image.jpg

Reactions: Senor Ramon
Anyone care to elaborate on this valves design, function and tuning?

Where is it sold.. link?
Don Cothran makes the powerhouse valve but his website hasn’t been active for awhile now. He sometimes shuts he’s website down when he busy or on vacation etc. it’s been awhile now so I don’t know what he’s up to or when he’ll be back online.

Don Cothran makes the powerhouse valve but his website hasn’t been active for awhile now. He sometimes shuts he’s website down when he busy or on vacation etc. it’s been awhile now so I don’t know what he’s up to or when he’ll be back online.

Makes me wonder the purpose of this thread.

Anyone care to elaborate on this valves design, function and tuning?

Where is it sold.. link?
It’s a balanced valve designed for big power. Doesn’t respond well to hammer spring adjustments. It’s like an on/off switch. Not much tuning can be done except modifying the hole in the valve stem. @Motorhead has more in depth knowledge on this valve

It appears that Airgun Revisions and Don Cothran have some type of business deal where the former is the salesman for his products. If you look on the AR website you’ll see some of the pistols he put together from Don’s parts. I’m glad he started selling Don’s parts. I imagine sales have declined since not many guys are into tricking out 2240s and marauders like they were 10-15 years ago.

Reactions: heavy-impact

Don’s website is done and he will be fully retiring Within a year. All but the handles will now go through AR in the days ahead.

Reactions: MileHighAirGunner
It’s a balanced valve designed for big power. Doesn’t respond well to hammer spring adjustments. It’s like an on/off switch. Not much tuning can be done except modifying the hole in the valve stem. @Motorhead has more in depth knowledge on this valve

It appears that Airgun Revisions and Don Cothran have some type of business deal where the former is the salesman for his products. If you look on the AR website you’ll see some of the pistols he put together from Don’s parts. I’m glad he started selling Don’s parts. I imagine sales have declined since not many guys are into tricking out 2240s and marauders like they were 10-15 years ago.
I am both service and sales. Don had reached out to me because he trusts and has confidence in my work.

Sadly I believe Don has retired and I don't believe the site will be back up again. Not sure what will happen with all existing stock, he does make some really awesome stuff.
Dana, all existing stock except for some bolt handles and oddball items will be going through AR. Don will be having his friend and machine partner of many years produce the parts for him that will be sent to AR. Only the parts that are the high sellers will remain. Don will be fully retired within a year but still retain ownership. Don will be focusing on only his personal project as far as Airguns go. I can only hope his OTHER valve becomes Reality.

What work are you doing to the cothran pistol/carbines you’re selling?
Full barrel machine and install, The custom designing of finished product, all services for his gun’s from customers and that was authorized by Don. What you seen as far as the carbines and the choice of stocks was all me. Don has been after me for years to build gun’s for him.
There is no Burger King ordering of guns anymore. This is because it takes a toll on us as airgunsmith’s and is not profitable. Plus when guns are on my website it’s a buy and ship thing and no waiting months for the gun. Technically more guns will be put into the market.

Reactions: Pale_Rider