Power wheel hammer spring useful ?

I wonder what the advantage is of a powerwheel vs a stepless simple screw hammerspring adjust. For example on the new FX Wildcat MKIII you have 7 springtension pre-set positions but when I tune my rifle for a specific pellet or slug I will adjust my regulator/ hammer tension in combination and not just turn my spring tension lower or hgher. What is a good spring setting for one projectile is most likely not just as good for an other. I for example just put my powewheel on nr 7 ( higjest tension position ) and then tune the gun with the allen screw till I find my preferred speed and harmony/ balance with a specific regulator pressure.. ( I tune 3-5% below plateau)

again I do not see any reason for using the powerwheel other than very rapid testing of grouping with different speeds but also this I can do more precise and also fast with just a simple spring tension screw. . I most likely oversee something as FX is using this powewheel on several models now . Please give me some info if possible .

I don't have any experience with fx although Joekool's post have me seriously rethinking the new wildcat, but it seems to me repeatability is the big plus. For instance you have a .25 that's shooting 25gr pellets at 900 fps at hammer spring 5 for longer field work. Then you decide you want to go plink cans in a buddies back yard or shoot rats inside a dairy. If you know your gun well and have it mapped you might be able to go to power 1 and shoot 500 fps with the same pellet and visa versa. With a continuous screw in system you would have to get out the chrono and retune your gun each time.

Just my thought.

I have found the power wheel adjustment to be extremely useful when tuning my impact. When I went from .25 to .177 I changed the barrel and probe then dialed the powerwheel from five down to one and I was instantly shooting one hole groups at fifty yards. I was quite impressed. There is quite a bit of adjustment on the wheel so it's just one more tool for the perfect tune and now there is the adjustable probe/slug power kit in .22 and .25 as well.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/FX_Impact_Slug_Power_Kit/9604

On my Crown Continuum.25 I find the power wheel very handy.

My current “High Power” setup is reg 152bar. On Max 700mm barrel will send 34gr at 965fps. 
then I switch the 380mm dial PW to 3 and I’ve got 25.4’s going 860fps.
I have quite the chipmunk problem and take a lot of close range 5-20yd shots and have no need for all that power. A quick turn of the TP to “Low” and now 25.4’s are only going 500fps. Perfect low power chippy blaster!

I will say with this current tune I spend most of my time with the 380mm and to be honest I think most would consider this gun out of tune. I can get the same speed at 140bar and HS dialed way back. Better efficiency/more shots, but I really don’t see accuracy changes.

I’ve had this gun tuned high and low and anywhere in between. The biggest affect I see on accuracy is simply pellet speed. 

Here’s my last 5 shot group at 70yds last night no wind. 380mm 25.4 860fps
1595426714_18788966055f18479abd7a71.91722382.png

This gun just flat out blows me away. Now not every group was this tight but if I’m shooting moa at 75yds and under I’m disappointed.

I have a spare power wheel and I’ve been tossing around ideas to make a new “fine adjust” cam for it. This would be great for tuning a specific pellet. The power wheel is nice but sometimes the steps are just too coarse and fps drop off fast on the lower settings. 

I’d love to have 10 settings that adjust in a 100fps range. The Crown platform is a pain in the butt to adjust the hammer spring.

Not an FX answer, but I like the stepped power adjustment on the Hatsan Gladius. It is much less refined than the FX hammer spring since it is a flow restrictor but I can run full power for heaviest pellets and move down in specific steps for lighter pellets and return to the exact prior settings with another turn of the wheel. Seems such would be much more difficult without the step settings.