Tuning Power wheel blocking ?

Sorry but I don't understand what you planning to do?

Is the power wheel difficult to turn o each setting or only on one ?

On mine Maverick I can't switch it (maybe I could but I don't want to force it) from #1 directly to # 7 , I need to go all the way around 1.2.3...7

Looks like you got new (MK3) Wildcat so power wheel should work without any issues, if you describe your problem more closely someone will chime in.

B

Sorry if I was not clear enough. I want to avoid my power wheel to change position accidentally. I want to fix it a bit better in position 7 which is the position that I used to tune my WC in with the only ammunition I will use with this gun. I want to avoid any accidental turn to other setting as much as possible without glueing things together or make other “one way” adjustments. I hope this makes my question more clear. I just tried tightening the centre alien screw but that does not work . Tight is tight and in thatbposition the powewheel is functioning with nice clicks as it is intended. ( which I do not prefer) .

I had this problem with my impact, if I place it on c,d, or e it would immediately shift to min when cocking. I figured I had three choices. 

#1-stretch the spring so there was more pressure on the detent ball.

#2-shorten the screw holding the power wheel so the power wheel could be pushed in a small amount.

#3-put a tinny spacer under the spring to increase pressure on the detects. This was my cure

I believe fx used either a spring that was not long enough or used a screw that was to long allowing the PW to be to far away from the frame decreasing the spring pressure.. As mentioned I could push in the PW a considerable amount before it bottomed out.

I had this problem with my impact, if I place it on c,d, or e it would immediately shift to min when cocking. I figured I had three choices. 

#2-shorten the screw holding the power wheel so the power wheel could be pushed in a small amount.

#3-put a tinny spacer under the spring to increase pressure on the detects. This was my cure

I believe fx used either a spring that was not long enough or used a screw that was to long allowing the PW to be to far away from the frame decreasing the spring pressure.. As mentioned I could push in the PW a considerable amount before it bottomed out.

FX used a screw that was too long to hold the power wheel on the impact mk2 that are current. it is out of spec(too long). I had the same issue. spent a few hours with tech support and found this to be the problem. I filed mine shorter by quite a bit to get it to hold position. 

Good solutions.

PW.1609015878.jpg

This is my Maverick, MK3 is the same.

300740F0-A50C-4243-82A0-CF89901F2D71.1611881296.jpeg
9A6D6268-58DE-4F83-A052-6A47D7D77CFA.1611881297.jpeg
Had the same trouble with my MK3. Cutting threads won’t help as the screw has a shoulder that tightens against the block. The screw threads are only using half of the threaded hole. I had a great idea and it is simple. Pulled the stair-way hub out of the wheel and cut a piece of shim plastic and sandwiched it between the wheel and hub. Drilled a hole in the center for the screw and notched for the HS adjustment screw. By changing shim thickness I can get what ever tension I want on the wheel. No cutting, drilling or mods of any sort to the stock parts. I ended up using a very thin piece of plastic and can draw the wheel down tight so it won’t turn at all. Loosen the center screw and you can rotate the wheel for lower speed or tuning. I picked up about 5 FPS as the HS is just a tad stiffer from the thickness of the shim. I did not retune because I had already turned it down a bit the other day. I have the WC shooting JSB 33.95 at 900fps average for 35 shots before it falls off the reg that is set at 134/140. Power Wheel is set on#7 and the HS is 3.70mm.