• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX Power wheel ball bearing size ??

Just received my Maverick back from fx. They didn’t put the power wheel assembly back in the right spot. I meant to tell them where it was when I took it off (sent it disassembled) but forgot. However I would have expected the tech to tell it wasn’t right immediately like I did. Number 3 was clearly number 7 producing the hardest hammer hit. It was blatantly obvious. Anyway I digress, I went to change it and my dumb butt lost that little bearing behind the wheel. Ugh….I think it’s 3mm size? Does anyone know for sure before I order them from Amazon? Thank you much.

Reactions: Firewalker
Just received my Maverick back from fx. They didn’t put the power wheel assembly back in the right spot. I meant to tell them where it was when I took it off (sent it disassembled) but forgot. However I would have expected the tech to tell it wasn’t right immediately like I did. Number 3 was clearly number 7 producing the hardest hammer hit. It was blatantly obvious. Anyway I digress, I went to change it and my dumb butt lost that little bearing behind the wheel. Ugh….I think it’s 3mm size? Does anyone know for sure before I order them from Amazon? Thank you much.
How many do you need? Pay postage and I'll send a few gratis.

Huh???? As long as the 3mm ball is in the hole with the spring it doesn't matter one iota how you reassemble it. 7 is 7, 2 is 2. anything else is the HSA miss adjusted. 18.4mm OAL is a good starting place.

Huh???? As long as the 3mm ball is in the hole with the spring it doesn't matter one iota how you reassemble it. 7 is 7, 2 is 2. anything else is the HSA miss adjusted. 18.4mm OAL is a good starting place.
Hmm I thought you had to put it back in the same orientation you took it off? I’ve seen it mentioned in a cpl videos. If that is the case fx tunes guns really weird. Power setting 7 was 895 fps. 6, 5, exactly the same. 4 was about the same too I think. Three was a noticeable harder hammer strike and velocity went to 905. Can’t remember 2 and 1. I do know in the adjust space it was 884 which shouldn’t be. I am going to reinstall it with 7 showing where 3 was when I took it off. Then I’m going to turn the internal adjuster way in and start over. Pretty sad they tuned it that way. Although it is ridiculously consistent.

Last edited:
Hmm I thought you had to put it back in the same orientation you took it off? I’ve seen it mentioned in a cpl videos. If that is the case fx tunes guns really weird. Power setting 7 was 895 fps. 6, 5, exactly the same. 4 was about the same too I think. Three was a noticeable harder hammer strike and velocity went to 905. Can’t remember 2 and 1. I do know in the adjust space it was 884 which shouldn’t be. I am going to reinstall it with 7 showing where 3 was when I took it off. Then I’m going to turn the internal adjuster way in and start over. Pretty sad they tuned it that way. Although it is ridiculously consistent.
No, HK is right. Each number has a fixed detent behind it that retards the little HST screw. In your case it sounds like the HST internal adjuster is too high and while the higher wheel numbers hit harder, the valve is maximally opened at lower settings.

Reactions: Trucker3573
No, HK is right. Each number has a fixed detent behind it that retards the little HST screw. In your case it sounds like the HST internal adjuster is too high and while the higher wheel numbers hit harder, the valve is maximally opened at lower settings.
Yeah that makes sense. The detent size the ball sits in is that size no matter what. I just hope I don’t find out the tech just put massive HS in it to mask the original problem. I looked again and that internal adjuster is backed way out. Going to have to start over. Pretty 💩 job by FX it would seem.

Yeah that makes sense. The detent size the ball sits in is that size no matter what. I just hope I don’t find out the tech just put massive HS in it to mask the original problem. I looked again and that internal adjuster is backed way out. Going to have to start over. Pretty 💩 job by FX it would seem.
You're going to find that with starting at 18.4mm you MAY be screwing it IN, not out, to get a reasonable SD. Do not forget to grease the Power Adjuster Wheel where the ball rides, just a smidge of anything will do it.

Reactions: Trucker3573
What was the original problem? Personally, I would be happier if they put a stronger spring in.

What was the original problem? Personally, I would be happier if they put a stronger spring in.
Original problem was the gun started shooting erratic low velocity 20-30 fps shots when it had been rock steady. It’s steady as a rock right now. 915 fps with 25.39 at 100-101 reg. Power wheel did nothing though. I know it has way too much hammer spring adjusted into it.

Some say a short fast burst of air is better than a long one, a heavy spring will hold the valve open too long. The magic dance between pressure, hammer weight, spring strength, tension, ports shall not be disturbed or else one starts chasing ones tail.