Power Tuning Mods for the FX Crown

Thanks everyone for the answers.
@mtnGhost, yes, you are right, surely it is better to disassemble the valve, measure the seat of the stem that must close the Titanium VS to be sure that it is right in size.
Mine is a Crown .25 bought at the beginning of January 2020, so I hope it has the correct size valve seat and I hope that the pressure regulator is of generation 3, which, from what I have read, could be adjusted up to at 160-165 bar.

My desire is to be able to shoot, at least for now, the JSB King Heavy from 2.2 grams (34 grains) to 85/90 J (63/66 fp / s).
If the FX pressure regulator, even if not very precise, could get to the right pressure to shoot the 2.2 gram domed, for now I would try to use this and only later would I buy a Huma regulator.

But even in this case, only by dismantling the FX regulator can I see what generation it is.

Speaking instead of the heavier hammer, what weight should I buy in order to get to the power I wrote above?
8? 9? 10 grams

@Libellule1 

well maybe I regulate my crown to 180-190 I will do tests of pontecia vs precision, I want to have something very rough but precise.

did you disarm your crown? My crown is from January of this year the same as yours, but I have not disassembled it to know what valve pin has and VS has

But .... is it better to change the brass TP with Dremel and suitable cutters (giving it an oval shape), or is the TP with double hole, sold by Krale or Huma, better? I read all 61 pages of the thrade on how to increase the power in the Impact, but in the end I did not understand what is the best shape, just as I did not understand what is the best shape to give to the probe. L-shaped, or double door. The information was a lot and well given, but in the end I got confused without understanding what the best job is.

But .... is it better to change the brass TP with Dremel and suitable cutters (giving it an oval shape), or is the TP with double hole, sold by Krale or Huma, better? I read all 61 pages of the thrade on how to increase the power in the Impact, but in the end I did not understand what is the best shape, just as I did not understand what is the best shape to give to the probe. L-shaped, or double door. The information was a lot and well given, but in the end I got confused without understanding what the best job is.

@Libellule1 

I am exactly like you.

I haven't touched the rifle yet, I'm just waiting for the parts I ordered to arrive so I can open it up and measure everything.

I still don't have a chrono, I asked.

but in my opinion, the double huma hole would be better, and the pellet probe I don't know which one will be better.

For the crown, everyone has told me that the VS max is 6.35 and that order, I'll try to see how to modify it to get more.

you have to change the hammer if you want to increase the pressure.

And with the 380 barrel that I always use and I love because of how small it is, but they tell me that more than 850 fps is not very good with precision and, therefore, the 700.

I plan to use 500 or 600 fps more and more precision for the same pressure

@Libellule1

I think I will use this modification.
It says that it's fine and it's simple.

or what other do you think to use?

1586666172_21342838215e929abc45c008.83396540.png

@Libellule1

I would advise against that one. I've modified 20 or so probes and found that the one that causes the least problems (no problems) is the double ported one on the right:

1586673380_8328931615e92b6e474bf77.03459784.jpeg

The other two created strange accuracy problems and velocity was more i consistent. Max FPS is the same with the double porting.

I made one last fall with a pin design which gave me 10-15fps more, but I had seating depth and loading problems.

@Libellule1

I would advise against that one. I've modified 20 or so probes and found that the one that causes the least problems (no problems) is the double ported one on the right:

1586673380_8328931615e92b6e474bf77.03459784.jpeg

The other two created strange accuracy problems and velocity was more i consistent. Max FPS is the same with the double porting.

I made one last fall with a pin design which gave me 10-15fps more, but I had seating depth and loading problems.

@mtnGhost

Your contribution is very good for us, I have seen that you have experience modifying PCP rifles.

Could you send me more photos about the one you recommend? well if you have, sideways and closer please, it would be a great help since you already tried them, you would save us a lot of time

Thank you

Thanks everyone for the answers.
@mtnGhost, yes, you are right, surely it is better to disassemble the valve, measure the seat of the stem that must close the Titanium VS to be sure that it is right in size.
Mine is a Crown .25 bought at the beginning of January 2020, so I hope it has the correct size valve seat and I hope that the pressure regulator is of generation 3, which, from what I have read, could be adjusted up to at 160-165 bar.

My desire is to be able to shoot, at least for now, the JSB King Heavy from 2.2 grams (34 grains) to 85/90 J (63/66 fp / s).
If the FX pressure regulator, even if not very precise, could get to the right pressure to shoot the 2.2 gram domed, for now I would try to use this and only later would I buy a Huma regulator.

But even in this case, only by dismantling the FX regulator can I see what generation it is.

Speaking instead of the heavier hammer, what weight should I buy in order to get to the power I wrote above?
8? 9? 10 grams

FX USA told me "any Crown after serial number 180760 will have the AMP regulator installed in them." Mine is 1828** and has an AMP...

I thank you for the information. I too, in my great ignorance, would have done that of the photo of @mtnghost. Yes, if you have some photos from a different angle, it would be a welcome source of inspiration. So is this ??? And for the brass TP, it is better, in your experience, that of the Huma, or the "home made" one. ??

This is all that is needed to achieve the same efficiency...

1586738125_5109703275e93b3cd376a05.05850120.jpeg

I thank you for the information. I too, in my great ignorance, would have done that of the photo of @mtnghost. Yes, if you have some photos from a different angle, it would be a welcome source of inspiration. So is this ??? And for the brass TP, it is better, in your experience, that of the Huma, or the "home made" one. ??

@mtnghost

Thank you for the photo.

but in that photo the right part as seen in the image is original, did you make the modification in the left part?

@mtnghost

Thank you for the photo.

but in that photo the right part as seen in the image is original, did you make the modification in the left part?

That is the side profile, it's identical on the left and right side. I posted the top view earlier (the one on the right side in the photo of the three probes).

Hello Mr. .I have a Crown in .25 that I have made a 8 gram hammer weight for and with the regulator turned up to 165-170bar.

The next thing on my list was to buy a huma double TP, and I have a question, did you mean that if I did a dobbel port prob it's known need to buy the huma transfer port??

Thanks in advance for your response. 

I order a new transfer probe and then I try to do the transformation.... I don't want to ruin my original. Thank you for the photo and for the information. If you don't mind, I'll also ask you about the brass hammer and the weight to buy in order to open the valve at 160/165 bar.

Hi. You can buy a hamme weight on ebay from a seller who's name is chsae_52.He can make it with your specific choice of weight. He also sells a 6.35mm titanium valve seat for the Crown/impact :)

I order a new transfer probe and then I try to do the transformation.... I don't want to ruin my original. Thank you for the photo and for the information. If you don't mind, I'll also ask you about the brass hammer and the weight to buy in order to open the valve at 160/165 bar.

Hi. You can buy a hamme weight on ebay from a seller who's name is chsae_52.He can make it with your specific choice of weight. He also sells a 6.35mm titanium valve seat for the Crown/impact :)

I'm pretty sure that the Fx Boss hammer weight will fit in the Fx Crown to.

Copy from Bagnall and kirkwood 

https://spares.bagnallandkirkwood.co.uk/product/part-a7-fx-boss-hammer-weight-17003/

Thanks ... I searched on ebay and found the brass hammer and the Titanium VS from 6.35. I hope you make me a single shipment, so as to save me one. But, to use the pressure regulator at 170 bar maximum, how heavy the hammer must be. Before ordering it, I must have clear ideas.

I am using a 9.5 gram hammer weight and have the regulator set to165-168.

I'm from Norway🇳🇴 so sorry if my English isn't the best :)