Power Plenum on .25 cal., 600mm slug liner and 33.5gr NS slug

Drumsnguns,

Welcome back to the pellets world! I both have the .25 call Diabolo Exact and the Heavy pellets shooting below 900fps. Unbeatable by slugs (that is when your impact is stock and unmodified for slugs). 
For now, pellets is the way unless i get a hand on the fxslugs at friendly price. 
Goodluck with your adventure on slugs. 

Drumsnguns,

Welcome back to the pellets world! I both have the .25 call Diabolo Exact and the Heavy pellets shooting below 900fps. Unbeatable by slugs (that is when your impact is stock and unmodified for slugs). 
For now, pellets is the way unless i get a hand on the fxslugs at friendly price. 
Goodluck with your adventure on slugs.

Hybrid slugs will do the job easy. I wait for those in .30 caliber from FX and you will see St Thomas.

Interesting conversation.

I can understand everyone's beef/frustration here. I do have a bone to pick with FX. But let me say I really like the Impact and the potential that it brings to the field.

Having said that I find it very frustrating that FX makes changes and doesn't mention it. I understand that they are continually trying to improve things so that's good; but it winds up some of us are not getting what "the YouTube guys" are getting and we wonder why.

Take for instance their MK2 Impact w/PP. The first few that were manufactured HAD the 57 mm HS. Then they went to the shorter less powerful spring because it was too difficult getting the speed slowed down into the sub 900 fps range where JSB MKII pellets like to live. OK, I get that but if you're going for more power with the PP isn't the likelihood you'll be shooting slugs where you want that extra speed? Couldn't FX simply toss a 57 mm spring in the box for that vary reason. Those springs, in the amount FX buys them at, shouldn't cost the company more than a few cents each. But now I have to order one and pay for shipping and wait several days if I want to explore the full potential. Very frustrating, indeed. Toss in a spring and watch their Customer Service phone call drop substantially, so FX wins as well!

My Kalibrgun Cricket included a second, less powerful spring in the box....I've never used it but it's cool they thought to do that.

Another example.......I have a Gen.1 Impact that I recently rebuilt. The older Ernest Disassembly Video shows him loosening the tiny grub screw on the hammer stop with a 1mm allen. That's a near impossible size to find in the US. So I ordered it from England and with shipping paid over 13 bucks. And guess what, it didn't fit.......they changed the grub screw on the later Gen.1's to 0.9 mm.. A 0.9 mm IS easy to find in this country; I got a Wiha set for 3 bucks on Amazon. 

FX needs to post some kind of spec sheet on their FAQ area with these kind of changes...I mean they do want us to work on our own guns with the Masterclass releases, right?

I don't know if my new MK2 will acheive the 920+ velocities I'm going to want. I'm having a clipping issue so shots are going all over the place. Once I get that resolved I'll get onto tuning. Meantime the rebuilt Gen.1 is shooting JSB Heavies at 870 fps, Lights Out! Tack Driver!

You dont have to order a 57 mm hammer spring. The original hammer spring is already 57 mm. This is best for slugs.

The PP spring is 53 mm for you to shoot pellets at lower speed.

Remember this basic magic numbers guys

The hammer seat must be 6 mm out from the frame

1583188560_10330483765e5d8a5042e940.76205833_9373C42C-F96F-4C43-8344-0DBA3E80108B.jpeg

The pellet probe must be set like this in the back.

1583184074_10375345715e5d78ca04eed5.49512803_FBF8C087-2F66-44BE-A390-4550DFB44600.png

You dont have to order a 57 mm hammer spring. The original hammer spring is already 57 mm. This is best for slugs.

I walk the talk. Did that. Done that.

1583199691_20893517615e5db5cb574733.05109861_5A7B0366-499F-40B0-8E5F-C496972D1FF4.jpeg

Why are you arrogant my friend always say the same expression,,,,walk the talk. 

Do your job properly and pay attention to details and you will get there.

Regards

I walk the talk. Did that. Done that.

1583199691_20893517615e5db5cb574733.05109861_5A7B0366-499F-40B0-8E5F-C496972D1FF4.jpeg

Why are you arrogant my friend always say the same expression,,,,walk the talk. 

Do your job properly and pay attention to details and you will get there.

Regards

I am sorry. 

FX told me last time I spoke with them, I'd need the stronger spring for more power. I tried seeing how much velocity I could get from 36 gn slugs last weekend with My new MK2/PP?700 mm .25. I think the most I could get was 930 fps which should be fine for slugs.

I got to 140 bar on the reg. before I ran out of HSTA so I 'd need to get the stronger spring for more "punch per mm" of spring tension. Some guys with older MK2's are reporting going up as far as 180 bar (most though at 160) with their guns but like I said the early first few MK2's had the stronger spring. No way with my current out-of-the-box set up could I reach those numbers without more hammer spring strength.

I'll be talking to them soon and ask them again.

Cheers

KP

Final note: I was going to sell my Gen 1./600 mm Impact but it is shooting so good now, I'll keep it for pellets and the MK2 will get the 57 mm spring and be the slug gun. Makes sense I think, and yes I checked and set these distances to 6 mm and 44.5 mm respectively.

FX told me last time I spoke with them, I'd need the stronger spring for more power. I tried seeing how much velocity I could get from 36 gn slugs last weekend with My new MK2/PP?700 mm .25. I think the most I could get was 930 fps which should be fine for slugs.

I got to 140 bar on the reg. before I ran out of HSTA so I 'd need to get the stronger spring for more "punch per mm" of spring tension. Some guys with older MK2's are reporting going up as far as 180 bar (most though at 160) with their guns but like I said the early first few MK2's had the stronger spring. No way with my current out-of-the-box set up could I reach those numbers without more hammer spring strength.

I'll be talking to them soon and ask them again.

Cheers

KP

Final note: I was going to sell my Gen 1./600 mm Impact but it is shooting so good now, I'll keep it for pellets and the MK2 will get the 57 mm spring and be the slug gun. Makes sense I think, and yes I checked and set these distances to 6 mm and 44.5 mm respectively.

The original hammer spring is stronger than the Power Plenum spring. Use it.

Hi everyone. It looks like a lighter slug with a lower caliber liner is the solution to get the desired 950 fps for stability without aggressive machining. Like the .22 cal slug liner. I am getting one. Inputs will be appreciated.

Send me your Impact i will fine tune it for you for free.

I am half way around the globe and we have 3 confirmed Corona virus infection with one death. :) But no. Thanks.

Hi everyone. It looks like a lighter slug with a lower caliber liner is the solution to get the desired 950 fps for stability without aggressive machining. Like the .22 cal slug liner. I am getting one. Inputs will be appreciated.

Send me your Impact i will fine tune it for you for free.

I am half way around the globe and we have 3 confirmed Corona virus infection with one death. :) But no. Thanks.

Pay attention not to infected your Impact.