Daystate Power Lever to Pellet Weight

I recently acquired a new to me Daystate Red Wolf ( Non-HP ) in 22 Cal. We had some great weather today so I got outside to spend some time with it. I sampled a few different pellet weights and definitely noticed better consistency when the power level "matched" the pellet weight.
For example, when I started, the gun was already on Hi Power. I loaded up some light 14.35 JSB's. Have to assume they were over 1200fps as there was quite a POP when fired. They weren't grouping to my satisfaction so I changed to Medium Power. I was still getting a noticeable POP so I immediately changed to Low Power. At Low Power, no POP, and the 14.35's grouped well.
I also shot a heavy Eun Jin 28gn pellet. Shot them on Hi Power and they shot well. Next I went with 18gn AA and 18gn JSB on Medium Power and they both also shot quite well. I shot some on Hi Power but they seemed a bit inconsistent.
I also shot some 15.89 Hades that grouped well but in hind sight, can't remember what power level but I have to assume it was Low or Medium.

So, I wanted to ask other Daystate Red Wolf users what their experience is with pellet weight and power level.
I can tell this is going to be my favorite 22 cal rifle.