Tuning Power issue with my FX Impact mk2

Hi, I have have a highly modified FX Impact mk2. Slug kit, Dual TP, stronger hammer weight and spring, 72cc powerplenum. It has the 700mm barrel on it. So I am trying to get 40 grain slugs to go at 1000fps but even on 170 bar reg pressure the max is 920fps. Got the weaker valve spring without the rubber ball on line 5 1/2...also tried lighter hammer weights because maybe I overpowered it but same result. It seems like it just can't do it. Any advise anyone? With 25 grain slugs it's really easy to achieve high speeds. Shooting those at 960 fps with 105 bar reg pressure. So I was pretty confident that it should work fine with the 40 grainers. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

The impact is build for accuracy. Not for power. If you want power should go with a air force. Those guns are made for power and will easily do 40 gr 1000fps. The impact isn't build for power so I think you are asking way too much from a gun that isn't build for it. Its like wanting your rocket you purchase at wal mart for $20 to go all the way to the moon. Won't happen.

Yeah of course I started at a much lower reg pressure and worked my way up. The gun isn't capable of achieving that power...not with a 700mm barrel.

If you already know the impact isn't capable of achieving that power then why are you asking us? Doesn't make sense to me. My impact is .25 cal and I'm shooting the 36gr nsa at 950-960fps and is already dead accurate. It will drop most animals. I'm not hunting a elephant with a impact. So don't need such power.

The Impact is capable achieving extreme powers but buying parts from the shelfs is not enough.

You need to do porting, to create unrestricted air flow.

Need machining on Rear Block, Valve House, Peek Puppet....to start with. And I would recommend not to alter the original parts but buy spares and modify those ... if anything goes South. I re-cut the peek puppet 3 times until I got here.

I was doing my mods almost a year, full drawers of spare parts, I don't even remember what was the original.

tuning screenshot.1650077679.JPG

Zan 41 grain 1010 fps @ 150 bars and still about 2mm on Hammer Spring. I did not had enough 46 grain boat tails at that time (also it was cold tuning in my garage) but I trust that I can shoot those 1050 fps.

MK2PP .25 cal 700mm heavy liner.

Currently is fine tuned for 37 grain slugs but next time I go to my gun club I will unleash.

Edit:

Be careful with the rubber ball in the Valve spring, you will need that if you go high power. Very first time I turn on my Impact (in February after my latest mod) I blew the 2mm oring at the Valve Rod End because jumped out of the hole. You see the HS gap and the Valve distance? I forgot to tighten it and no rubber ball.

Reactions: monstr2