Tuning Power issue with my FX Impact mk2

Hi, I have have a highly modified FX Impact mk2. Slug kit, Dual TP, stronger hammer weight and spring, 72cc powerplenum. It has the 700mm barrel on it. So I am trying to get 40 grain slugs to go at 1000fps but even on 170 bar reg pressure the max is 920fps. Got the weaker valve spring without the rubber ball on line 5 1/2...also tried lighter hammer weights because maybe I overpowered it but same result. It seems like it just can't do it. Any advise anyone? With 25 grain slugs it's really easy to achieve high speeds. Shooting those at 960 fps with 105 bar reg pressure. So I was pretty confident that it should work fine with the 40 grainers. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hi, I have have a highly modified FX Impact mk2. Slug kit, Dual TP, stronger hammer weight and spring, 72cc powerplenum. It has the 700mm barrel on it. So I am trying to get 40 grain slugs to go at 1000fps but even on 170 bar reg pressure the max is 920fps. Got the weaker valve spring without the rubber ball on line 5 1/2...also tried lighter hammer weights because maybe I overpowered it but same result. It seems like it just can't do it. Any advise anyone? With 25 grain slugs it's really easy to achieve high speeds. Shooting those at 960 fps with 105 bar reg pressure. So I was pretty confident that it should work fine with the 40 grainers. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I have to agree with Glem. Chally. 

After watching a video of one of the SA YouTubers -- Gerhard, I believe -- pushing 40 grain slugs at 1000 fps, I bought a batch of Zan 40 grainers for use in my FX Impact MK2 .22 caliber, hoping to replicate his power output.

Unfortunately, I was only able to get a max velocity of ~ 925 fps. And the accuracy was atrocious at 100 yards. Accuracy being top-of-the-list requirement, I quickly gave up that project. I currently have this rifle set-up as a .30 caliber pushing 54 grain Zan slugs at over 930 fps. Yesterday between wind gusts I shot 3 groups of 3 shots each of < 0.50 inches at 100 yards.😍 

I will sacrifice extreme power for accuracy any day.

This Impact began life as a .35 caliber with power output of ~140+ foot pounds. So the internal hardware is indeed intended to produce extreme energy levels.