Powderburners turned Airgunners?!

Click the WATCH button for the 3 minute interview 👌

Screenshot_20220625-200219_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: qball and douger
Where in the heck is the "Watch button"?
ThomasT

On mobile, it’s at the bottom of my screen, I’m not sure on desktop.

But it’s in the black menu bar next to the “Menu” and “Members” buttons, and the same place as the “Forums” and “Calendar” buttons.

“Powder burner” recently turned airgunner here. I’m absolutely not giving up the powder burners, but after wanting a wuality air rifle for years, I finally caved when a local guy posted a Marauder for sale. I cut my shooting teeth with an old Daisy Red Ryder, then moved into the paintball and airsoft arenas in my early teens. As soon as I was old enough to own actual firearms, I kind of left airguns behind me. But I’m learning that airguns can be just as useful for training and hunting, and still have that same magic balance of fun vs effort when you can just go plink somewhere nearby rather than drive an hour to the range. :)

On mobile, it’s at the bottom of my screen, I’m not sure on desktop.

But it’s in the black menu bar next to the “Menu” and “Members” buttons, and the same place as the “Forums” and “Calendar” buttons.

“Powder burner” recently turned airgunner here. I’m absolutely not giving up the powder burners, but after wanting a wuality air rifle for years, I finally caved when a local guy posted a Marauder for sale. I cut my shooting teeth with an old Daisy Red Ryder, then moved into the paintball and airsoft arenas in my early teens. As soon as I was old enough to own actual firearms, I kind of left airguns behind me. But I’m learning that airguns can be just as useful for training and hunting, and still have that same magic balance of fun vs effort when you can just go plink somewhere nearby rather than drive an hour to the range. :)
Hello Basher,

I'm not a smart phone owner so the desktop does not have the same view.
Thank anyway,
ThomasT

Always liked going to the "range". All the sonic blasters firing away then they notice that strange contraption down the way. Soon there's an audience.
Little pop or snap and way down there is a hole in the bull. Even had members of the gendarmerie oohing and awing. The only snag is the buy in,!
Oh well, it's well known the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.😎

I have enjoyed my M34 since new in 1998 but I was a dedicated rim fire addict. Then Ted converted me with his vid on the Gen 1 Marauder in .25. Near silent rimfire level performance inside fifty yards. Sign me up, and I did. I since have added several more PCPs and am on the hunt for an older RWS 350 magnum in .22. I infected a fellow rimfire addict who got an AA TX 200 walnut in .22. A work of art and one hell of a shooter. Dont get me wrong, I have a half dozen+ rimfires that are all MOA on a still day, three are auto loaders. Love them but can't shoot in my back yard. It's been slow but I'm spreading the sickness to my brother, a dedicated power burner collector. He has four large Pecan trees and a dozen chickens to defend. His choice a M34 in .177.

Count me in on the topic… lifelong powder burner. Got bit by the long range bug - well… since I can remember… the rabbit holes of chasing simplicity and performance don’t tend to line up and before long, I was spending sooo much time and money in simple brass preparation on my rifles, that I’d have to take a week just loading and tweaking loads to then be pinched for time to shoot! I received my first pcp rifle last week from a purchase in the classifieds here and the accuracy and simplicity is very gratifying. I really don’t have to put much thought into shooting at my place and there was a starling sitting on a telephone pole yesterday at 93 yards…. Was…

Reactions: RickFoster
My longest confirmed, witnessed, and laser measured kill on a prairie dog is 644 yds......with a .222!! My nephew beat me that day in N.D. with a 664 yd kill. We spotted for each other.. He cheated, he shot a .25-06!!!! I will never abandon my triple deuce.. But this damn Gauntlet 2 in .25 is pretty friggin wicked..

Reactions: RickFoster