Post your...uncoolest gun

你要知道,在中国是禁止枪支的。但是枪支又是每个男人的梦想。在中国可以完成男人的梦想拥有一支枪。那是多么高兴的事情。而且我的枪。没有你们购买的漂亮。我的枪可是自己diy的。除了枪管。击发也不是机械的。是电磁来开阀门的。

Translated:
You have to know that guns are prohibited in China.But guns are every man's dream again.In China, a man's dream of owning a gun can be fulfilled.What a happy thing that is.And my gun.Not as beautiful as you bought.My gun is diy by myself.Except for the barrel.The firing is not mechanical either.It is electromagnetic to open the valve.

Looks fine to me! - about the stock, looks like you got some inspiration from the first edition of the Edgun lelya stock design, also like the simple and solid single loading system - great work!

Translated:
You have to know that guns are prohibited in China.But guns are every man's dream again.In China, a man's dream of owning a gun can be fulfilled.What a happy thing that is.And my gun.Not as beautiful as you bought.My gun is diy by myself.Except for the barrel.The firing is not mechanical either.It is electromagnetic to open the valve.

Looks fine to me! - about the stock, looks like you got some inspiration from the first edition of the Edgun lelya stock design, also like the simple and solid single loading system - great work!
@Yanzi - My first thought is that it looked very strange, but functional. Now that I know you made it yourself, it looks beautiful! I greatly respect the effort you put into making it, and you did excellent work! Hope you enjoy using it for many years.

Definitely my Chaipan P15. If I brought this money/time pit with me to shoot with a bunch of guys and their high end bullpups, there would be some slack jaws. I still get amazed when I shoot it from time to time. The only thing I really don’t trust on the gun now is the linkage. Maybe someday I’ll make everything out of better material.

24C9363A-D51D-46E9-B5D8-00CF79F00829.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mackeral5
My brocock bantam sniper HR. Maybe because of the older bolt type cocking system. Having said that , it’s hard to outshoot, great shot count, quite ,decent trigger and built like a tank. I had it up for grabs for $750 on the classifieds and it can out shoot most guns triple its cost. This post will probably have me pulling the add down today. 😂

2458D281-058C-4F4B-9D6D-0B12D88F0DC8.jpeg

E7EE2CAB-7B6F-4FFC-B496-6F19F976E142.jpeg

Reactions: Gr8Recreation
There is nothing uncool about a Brocock Bantam. It’s a quality and always will be a quality gun.
It’s un-cooler than my side lever Brococks.
😂

Make no mistake though, it’s definitely a quality rifle. It always works, never any poi shift, cycles beautifully (even with the older bolt style) and puts a hurt on any squirrel that gets close!

Reactions: L.Leon
I can’t believe it hasn’t sold. The fact that it would make someone a far more fantastic first PCP than a ton of other guns kinda shows the validity of this topic. New buyers are looking for what the BS artists are telling them is cool.
Agreed. I used to buy into the new and improved when I started this back 15 years ago. It definitely took me a while to get away from that way of thinking. Most of my rifles now are the tried and true work horses.

I kinda, "almost" like it.
Remove all of those hard edges on the stock, either get rid of some of the things (below the grip), or put a large radius on them to blend one surface to the other, so it's a smooth transition.
Put some sort of cover over the back of the barrel, it wouldn't be that much different looking than a gun of today.

But yeah, as it sits...not a winner in this one.

Mike

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
What rifle of mine cant hang out with cool kids? Its my cheapo QB79 with a CZ Barrel and GMAC Breech. Out to 50 yards, It can outshoot my other rifles 3X the cost. Its kind of a curse owning a cheap rifle that can out shoot the more expensive popular rifles you own.

View attachment 320702
you didn't go to bed dreaming about getting one of those !

Here’s mine
4D274BBE-F1A1-4E2A-8A95-C55D297306C7.jpeg

Hatsan Blitz. Personally I think with all the plastic it is uglier than that chihuahua up above. Not good for a whole lot other than novelty, but it is fun to set up some pine cones, or cans and hit them fully auto. I got a decent deal on it used so can’t complain. Figured I would shoot for a couple years let the novelty wear off and if it still functions pass it on to someone else for a good price.

I have another entry:
C3EB450B-93F0-42A9-BEBA-303B0623D1B9.jpeg

Crossman Raven. I got for my daughter many years ago. Hasn’t been shot in years. I don’t know if it still functions or needs work?? It actually shot pretty good back in the day. One time she took out into the field behind our house without me (which she was not supposed to do) to shoot Starlings, the favorite quarry. Well she was pretty young and somehow couldn’t tell a Starling from a Meadow Lark, one of my favorite birds, and a bird I would never shoot. Well she got one, a Meadow lark that is. When she went to retrieve it she figured out it wasn’t a Starling. 😭 She felt terrible and never shot the gun again. I would gladly give it away to someone who thought they could and would get it shooting again (may not need any work), but it was a cheap gun to begin with so I don’t know if it is even worth paying to ship.

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I have another entry:
View attachment 331633
Crossman Raven. I got for my daughter many years ago. Hasn’t been shot in years. I don’t know if it still functions or needs work?? It actually shot pretty good back in the day. One time she took out into the field behind our house without me (which she was not supposed to do) to shoot Starlings, the favorite quarry. Well she was pretty young and somehow couldn’t tell a Starling from a Meadow Lark, one of my favorite birds, and a bird I would never shoot. Well she got one, a Meadow lark that is. When she went to retrieve it she figured out it wasn’t a Starling. 😭 She felt terrible and never shot the gun again. I would gladly give it away to someone who thought they could and would get it shooting again (may not need any work), but it was a cheap gun to begin with so I don’t know if it is even worth paying to ship.
That's a heck of a story🤣
If you can see if it works, I could probably pay to ship.🤔been trying to get my lady into slinging pellets with me lol that one seems her size😅🤷‍♂️