• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Post your grouping at 100 Yards ? Images ?

This is my Airforce texan, .30 jsb 51 grain. The black target had 1 sighter in and the rest were shot off bench probably about a 3.5 inch group excluding the sighter. The second white plate was shot at 100 yards as well. 

589af1c0cd7e8077e662ec74cbf75cdb.jpg

031ea10d31f7e017737613eba9afd339.jpg

Jay

Here is a video from last year when I first got my Wildcat .25 cal. trying to shoot groups at 100 yards. At first I shot my Condor .22 cal. with the Eun Jin pointed hunting pellet for grins. I did not expect it to do well at 100 yards but I was curious to see none the less. The wind was blowing pretty good that day enough to move the groups right about two to three inches. The Wildcat did well shooting the JSB 33.95 grains with groups around an inch or so except for a flier here and there. Bill

Sadly, I haven't been shooting in months. Hoping to get out more this fall, improve on this if possible and do more 150 yard stuff. I took out the RAW the other day just to look at it. Still makes my pp tingle a tad. 

Edit: Not sure why the photo isn't showing. No one wants to click a link. Stupid Imgur. 

.406" CTC at 100 yards

https://imgur.com/a/L9SE8

No photo or not, I would expect a RAW .30 caliber to do exactly what it did! This points out something I've noticed a lot.

At ranges out to about 25 yards, just about anything shoots good groups, save for those ugly and heavy nitro-piston jobs. At 25 yards, my little 397 for example, makes one ragged 5/8 inch hole even after 25 shots! Unfortunately, at longer distances (≥ 45 yards), it shoots like a scatter gun! So, it seems the best groups at 100 yards (and sometimes even 50 yards) are all PCPs, in either .25 or .30 calibers. The larger stuff, say a .357 or larger, have the advantage in power to be sure, but accuracy, I'm not so sure! 

craiger862
f63f89b6d43454b59ded592a1c0fba9f.jpg

Fx crown 25 JSB's, literally out of the box. 

I have never reach 0,52” grouping at 100 Yds with my .177 and .22 PCPs guns at outside shooting therefore I don´t believe too much that it is really possible.
But I am able sometimes ( dead calm and one of 5-10 targets at particular day ) to reach 5 shoot grouping at sub MOA.
Please can tell us more about conditions and accountability about so excellent Target .

"craiger862"This was shot at a 100yd indoor range here. Obviously indoor conditions are ideal and not what you’ll encounter outside of that controlled environment, but I demonstrated my Crown can shoot 1/2 MOA. 

http://www.openrangesports.com/phone/louisville-gun-range.html

That´s mean that you have no any ( one of ten ) flyers out of ½ MOA ?
They are also some 100yd successful shores with .177 calibre ?

100 yard night shoot.
Stock AirForce Texan .510 LSSCF / 255gr Mr. Hollow Point slugs at 1,015fps. Extreme spread 3fps.
Multiple three shot groups while getting a zero on the new scope. Average group was 1.75” at 100 yards. It’s taken some time, but I have this rifle down to 1.25” groups at 100 yards. Just no pics of the recent test targets. We have been testing heavier slugs at 400 yards and beyond for a while and these extended ranges presents their own unique challenges. My rifle is no longer stock and it's slinging those same 255gr slugs a bit faster these days.

IMG_1550.jpeg

Last edited: