possum #4 meets mrod and does the funky chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobcat? With a tail that long?… and that dark? I don’t think so. No point of size reference, but it is a cat and I’m guessing if you felt like it was a size you felt you could legitimately take a shot at with an airgun, its a domestic cat.

If your .25 has any decent power, and it wasn’t a glancing shot, it’s laying around the corner.

Last edited:
Reactions: shambozzie
not his first:

Bobcat? With a tail that long?… and that dark? I don’t think so. No point of size reference, but it is a cat and I’m guessing if you felt like it was a size you felt you could legitimately take a shot at with an airgun, its a domestic cat.

If your .25 has any decent power, and it wasn’t a glancing shot, it’s laying around the corner.
the thermal was on black-hot .. thats not the actual color .. why i said i was tricked by it .. the ears are short and rounded, and it was huge, like pushing 20 lbs ..

the thermal was on black-hot .. thats not the actual color .. why i said i was tricked by it .. the ears are short and rounded, and it was huge, like pushing 20 lbs ..
Ok, it's the mystery critter, to me and I'm NO EXPERT, the muzzle looks too long for a Raccoon, it's not a cat, most definitely not a Possum. Where your cross hairs were it should have just gone down.

Last edited:
Reactions: dizzums
Ok, it's the mystery critter, to me and I'm NO EXPERT, the muzzle looks too long for a Raccoon, it's not a cat, most definitely not a Possum. Where your cross hairs were it should have just gone down.
exactly .. when i got on it and made the decision to pull the trigger i didnt see a cat .. it looked like some kind of badger or something and it looked like it had a stripe in its back .. but i think it was just the way the thermal made it appear .. BUT - look up 'Coati' ..i think thats what it was .. theyre been introduced to florida is what google says ...

Last edited:
oh and btw .. i 'did' get the rat !

20230922_112104.jpg

exactly .. when i got on it and made the decision to pull the trigger i didnt see a cat .. it looked like some kind of badger or something and it looked like it had a stripe in its back .. but i think it was just the way the thermal made it appear .. BUT - look up 'Coati' ..i think thats what it was .. theyre been introduced to florida is what google says ...
BINGO we have a winner, It would be wonderful if they had a taste for Iguanas.

Last edited:
Reactions: dizzums
No doubt that was an opossum, head shape matches as well as the way it was eating. A little hard to see but if you look for it you can see the bare portion of the tail before the shot and while it’s doing the death dance
Don't think it's a Opossum look up Coati, it's a perfect match. Big and bulky, possums have a skinny tail this thing had big fluffy tail.

Don't think it's a Opossum look up Coati, it's a perfect match. Big and bulky, possums have a skinny tail this thing had big fluffy tail.
I did look it up, to me there is no resemblance. The coati has a longer more slender snout, this in the video is shorter, coati has a much longer tail that is fluffy the whole length, this in the video is not fluffy the entire length. You can see the dark part of the tail which is the fat harry part and then the hairless “rat” part of the tail as well which I circled in the screenshot. You can see that hairless part of the tail throughout its flailing around as well

063492D6-BE43-45A5-AA18-28BC4B52D05C.jpeg

Last edited:
He’s not claiming that the critter in this video is a coati. That debate relates to a video that was posted last night that was quickly replaced with this possum video. In the first video, the critter that was shot was a domestic cat. Coatis are rarer than hens teeth and they are not nocturnal.
Ah ok I see. I did not see that then, just saw this thread a little bit ago. Thanks for clearing that up

Sorry bud, I saw the OP said he changed the post but I was thinking all the comments were based on the current video in this thread, not on a different video he took down which I didn’t see

Sorry bud, I saw the OP said he changed the post but I was thinking all the comments were based on the current video in this thread, not on a different video he took down which I didn’t see
Yes, we can agree that the discussion is on the current video on a thread that should have been deleted. That said the critter in the current video is not a cat and it's not a possum, most certainly not a raccoon, we're running out of critters and the Coati sure looks like a good choice. The only solution is to get a picture of the body.

This guy has no business keeping animals or owning guns as he lacks the intelligence and morality for either one. The cats are after the rats and are of no threat to chickens. I keep the worlds smallest breed of chickens and have never had an issue with cats or possums.
Also you can’t see bushy tails or stripes with a thermal. The animal in question is likely a possum, there to cleanup the last needlessly slaughtered animal left to rot.

Thread closed. Moderation staff will deal with the OP directly.

AGN does not condone the posting of information or video content that brings the Air Powered shooting sports bad publicity. No matter what one shoots, you are the owner of the projectile even after it runs out of energy. Any damage done is on the shooter. ALL game and pest laws must be followed for ethical shooting.

Reactions: weevil
Status
Not open for further replies.